Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2016, 13:53   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno (hatchback) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi everyone. Iam getting a petrol delta Baleno delivered this week. Its a premium silver shade. Please provide your suggestions on
1. Tyre upgrade- Size and make/model
2. Alloys - Size and make/model

Please also provide your inputs on approximate price as well, i am looking at comfort and ride quality more than performance.
Old 5th May 2016, 16:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Thanks for that tip. Was going to upgrade my Alpha diesel on Monday to 205's

Guess I will stick to the stock 195/55 R 16 then.

Any other pointers?
Hey Aren't you thinking of changing just the alloys? The Baleno obviously doesn't have the juice to pull on 205's. But the alloy change wouldn't hurt, since anyways the stock alloys look plain rubbish compared to the whole car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Hello everyone, I had booked a delta variant but, now have upgraded to Zeta. I am looking to swap my alloys while retaining the stock tires. Any inputs? How do I go about this? Or do I upgrade my tires as well?
I am facing the same dilemma with my Zeta. The alloys look absolute rubbish and you cant even tell the difference from a distance from a cap. I have done some research on internet and there are few options which would look well with the Baleno, but since its more about a personal choice so i'll leave that to you. Below is the link from other post we have on Team-BHP where you can search for Baleno:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ur-wheels.html

No need for a tire upgrade, as conveyed by many BHPians. Baleno works well with 195's and anything more is just going to ruin the drivability.

If you are facing issues while getting Alloys in your city you can order online from http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/
I've heard pretty good reviews about them, you can also find praises in many forums. Take a look at Momo Revenge and HRS if you are a bit tight on budget.
Happy hunting Do post the pictures!

Last edited by Zappo : 5th May 2016 at 17:36. Reason: Please do not make back to back posts. Use the Multiquote and the Edit buttons to ensure that you respond to all in the same post.
Old 10th August 2016, 16:58   #18
BHPian

Just out of curiosity. Is there a difference in ground clearance for base variant and top variant?
Old 10th August 2016, 17:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Hi everyone. Iam getting a petrol delta Baleno delivered this week. Its a premium silver shade. Please provide your suggestions on
1. Tyre upgrade- Size and make/model
2. Alloys - Size and make/model

Please also provide your inputs on approximate price as well, i am looking at comfort and ride quality more than performance.
1. Tyre upgrade- Size and make/model - as many have previously suggested, 195/60R15 Primacy 3ST 's would be my suggestion.

2. Alloys - Size and make/model - I fell these mags would look killer on the Baleno, especially in your cars color.

http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/prod...35/revenge.htm

or these

http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/prod...35/quantum.htm
Rohit_Quad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 13:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Cooked up a few mockups of the Baleno with some Momo alloy styles. Might help as a general reference to folks looking for alloys for the Baleno. Used an image from the T-BHP official review as a base. Hope that is okay.

All except the Momo Next are available in 100 PCD 4 hole configurations. Not advocating the Momos. It just happened to be a brand I was interested in checking out.

Momo Quantum
Maruti Suzuki Baleno (hatchback) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-2017marutibalenors03_quantum.jpg
Momo Raptor
Maruti Suzuki Baleno (hatchback) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-2017marutibalenors03_raptor.jpg
Momo Scream
Maruti Suzuki Baleno (hatchback) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-2017marutibalenors03_scream_1.jpg
Momo Next
Maruti Suzuki Baleno (hatchback) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-2017marutibalenors03_next.jpg
Momo Revenge
Maruti Suzuki Baleno (hatchback) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-2017marutibalenors03_revenge.jpg
Momo Massimo
Maruti Suzuki Baleno (hatchback) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-2017marutibalenors03_massimi_1.jpg

Drive on,
Shibu

Last edited by shibujp : 22nd April 2017 at 13:39.
shibujp is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 20:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Cooked up a few mockups of the Baleno with some Momo alloy styles. Might help as a general reference to folks looking for alloys for the Baleno. Used an image from the T-BHP official review as a base. Hope that is okay.

Drive on,
Shibu
To add on, Momo Reds: Dark Blade

Maruti Suzuki Baleno (hatchback) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20170414_084354_792.jpg

Ashir is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 16:56   #22
BHPian

Hello Everyone! i am getting the tyres replaced on a petrol baleno delta variant.
I have the following choices,
1.Bridgestone EP150 185/65 R 15 Tubeless 88 T
2.Yokohama E400 185/65 R 15 Tubeless 88 H
3.Bridgestone B290 185/65 R 15 Tubeless 88 T
4.Pirelli P1 CINT VERDE 185/65 R 15 Tubeless 88 T
5.Michelin Energy XM2 185/65 R 15 Tubeless 88 H
6.Bridgestone B250 185/65 R 15 Tubeless 88 H

Can you give me inputs on which will be the best fit, considering i want a silent ride as priority.
Old 16th July 2018, 01:28   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikhav View Post
Hi GTO
Very thanks for the comparison

Not going for 16 inch rims or the 205 for reasons you already mentioned

I was wondering if it will be fine to install 195 65 R15 tyres

I know its not the ideal size but the car would be mainly used in city and would be hardly driven aggressively. The main criteria is to improve comfort

Speedo error is not an issue
Hi rikhav, did you install the tyres? Which size and model did you choose?
I am also thinking of 195/65 R15 when i change my tyres.
Old 16th July 2018, 09:50   #24
BHPian

Hi all, this question is going to come as a surprise to usual tyre upgrade questions, but would you recommend I "downsize" my Baleno Alpha tyres?

I have booking a Baleno Alpha CVT petrol and I am expecting delivery this week. I was having the option to upgrade the space saver to 16", but decided to think out of the box. Instead of the 195/55/16, I was thinking whether it makes sense to downsize all tires to 195/60/15 and get me some good alloys to boot.

I am looking at the Michelin 3ST for low noise and high comfort (considering the stiff ride the car is supposed to have).

What do you folks think? Sensible idea, or not?
Old 18th January 2020, 14:18   #25
BHPian

Hi Everybody! Bumping up this thread. Most of the first batch(2015 end) of Baleno owners should be due for a tyre change this year. Hence looking out for some options, I'm tired of the hardness of the stock Apollos on my Delta, would love to upgrade to 195/60 R15 Continental MC5/ Michellin P4ST for their softness and low noise and better grip.

I have the MC5 on my City and I'm pretty happy with the same. People with the P4ST, can you throw some light on how different/better it will be as compared to the MC5?

Also, 195/60 R15 will lead to a reduced ground clearance as compared to the 185/65. Has anybody faced any/ should I expect any issues with this? Thanks in advance
Old 18th January 2020, 16:59   #26

Any upsize recommendation for Baleno Alpha? Current tyre size is 195/55 r 16
Old 21st June 2020, 23:11   #27
BHPian

Hi team. Any recommendations for tyre upgrade for an alpha diesel baleno. I am only looking at 16”ers only as I have alloys in the same size which I really do not want to discard. The primary criteria for selection is ride comfort. I do not care about aesthetic looks or mileage although road noise could be the second criteria. Thanks in advance.
Old 12th January 2021, 12:19   #28

Hi all, wishing a happy 2021 to you and resurrecting the thread.
I own a 3.5yr old Baleno (Alpha) which has done 29k kms so far on stock Apollo Alnac 4Gs. Recently one of the tire suffered a sidewall blowout on slow speeds on rough road (inside a tiger reserve in MP). While I managed to get the tire repaired from inside but kept it as a spare. Now I'm running my car occasionally (yet 200km a week) under 80kmph on the short 15" spare wheel .

Have a few questions around the tire and potential options -
1. I am not confident on the tire repair jobs done locally but at the same time my stock tires are decent (for 1.2L engine, with higher road noise perhaps) with potentially half life left in them. So, at this juncture should I go for replacement of two tires or all four?

2. The standard size for Baleno Alpha is 195/55 R16, is it advisable to shod 195/60 R16 in order to marginally improve ride comfort (stiff Baleno suspension) and ground clearance.

3. 195/55 (or 60) R16 doesn't seem to be a popular size. So I couldn't find many options for this size (in Bhopal). I am considering Yokohama Earth or Blue earth, Apollo Alnac (not very keen) or maybe Bridgestone B250 or 290. Couldn't find anything from MRF Perfinza, however, the nearby dealer said ZVTV is available, which I think is not good.

Suggestions, Directions (to the preferred tire shops in this part) are need of the hour for me as I might have to drive back to Mumbai in Feb/Mar .
Old 12th January 2021, 12:58   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhav3110 View Post
1. I am not confident on the tire repair jobs done locally but at the same time my stock tires are decent (for 1.2L engine, with higher road noise perhaps) with potentially half life left in them. So, at this juncture should I go for replacement of two tires or all four?
If the time for replacement is near, get all 4 tyres replaced else get two and replace.

Quote:
2. The standard size for Baleno Alpha is 195/55 R16, is it advisable to shod 195/60 R16 in order to marginally improve ride comfort (stiff Baleno suspension) and ground clearance.
That is 3.14% jump, not recommended.

Quote:
3. 195/55 (or 60) R16 doesn't seem to be a popular size. So I couldn't find many options for this size (in Bhopal). I am considering Yokohama Earth or Blue earth, Apollo Alnac (not very keen) or maybe Bridgestone B250 or 290. Couldn't find anything from MRF Perfinza, however, the nearby dealer said ZVTV is available, which I think is not good.
If you stick to stock size of 195/55 R16, options are Yokohama BluEarth-AE50, Earth-1, Bridgestone B250 and B290.

If you upsize to 195/60 R16, then options are Bridgestone Turanza, Yokohama BluEarth-AE50 and Apollo Alnac 4G.

Avoid the MRF ZVTV or ZV2K variants at any cost.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 13:08   #30

Thanks @a4Anurag.
In that case I'll stick with 195/55 R16's and try to get all 4 replaced at once with probably slightly better buyback prices for 3 Apollos at half life.
Does Earth 1s have tougher sidewall vs BluEarth's?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks