Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2021, 14:03   #31
BANNED

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno (hatchback) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhav3110 View Post
Does Earth 1s have tougher sidewall vs BluEarth's?
Yes, the Earth-1 has stiffer sidewall than BluEarth AE50/AE51. They are Made in India tyres which are Made for India too IIRC. They are tough and noisy. That's what I have understood after covering 1,000 kms after I switched to Earth-1 on my Creta after using Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport for 90K kms.
Old 12th January 2021, 14:52   #32

Got in Touch with Juneja Tyres (Appeared best rated as per Google in Bhopal). These are the following quotes I got -

Bridgestone B250: Rs7.2k a piece
Continental MC5: Rs7.1k a piece
Yokohama Earth1: Rs6.8k a piece
Yokohama BluEarth AE50: Rs6.9k a piece

So all are pretty closely priced and the dealer said the prices aren't negotiable .

CEAT Securadrive 195/55 R16 is available at Rs5.5k a piece, any thoughts on that. The price discount is substantial, however, I'm skeptical about the performance. Though CEAT is offering 2.5 years unconditional warranty.
Yoko appears the best solution amidst these.
anubhav3110 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 13:04   #33
BANNED

I’m not sure if you have made the purchase already. Anyway thought of sharing my feedback. I have been using 185/65R15 SecuraDrive on my Swift for couple of years now and the performance is satisfactory. Even I had similar doubts when I was buying new set of tyres but there have been no complaints so far. Ride quality and comfort has been great.

I think they are also the stock fitment for the new i20.

Quote:
Got in Touch with Juneja Tyres (Appeared best rated as per Google in Bhopal). These are the following quotes I got -

Bridgestone B250: Rs7.2k a piece
Continental MC5: Rs7.1k a piece
Yokohama Earth1: Rs6.8k a piece
Yokohama BluEarth AE50: Rs6.9k a piece

So all are pretty closely priced and the dealer said the prices aren't negotiable .

CEAT Securadrive 195/55 R16 is available at Rs5.5k a piece, any thoughts on that. The price discount is substantial, however, I'm skeptical about the performance. Though CEAT is offering 2.5 years unconditional warranty.
Yoko appears the best solution amidst these.

I’m not sure if you have made the purchase already. Anyway thought of sharing my feedback. I have been using 185/65R15 SecuraDrive on my Swift for couple of years now and the performance is satisfactory. Even I had similar doubts when I was buying new set of tyres but there have been no complaints so far. Ride quality and comfort has been great.

I think they are also the stock fitment for the new i20.

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th January 2021 at 13:27. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the EDIT / Multi-QUOTE function within 30 minutes of posting.
DriveSpy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 18:11   #34

Hi DriveSpy - Thanks for the feedback.
Couldn't change the tyres yet. I was caught up in come personal work and tyres slipped my mind. I should be able to get them replaced by March hopefully. I had made up my mind for BluEarth earlier, but am keeping an eye out for constructive feedback on SecuraDrive, Perfinza (if size is available) as well.
Old 30th July 2021, 14:56   #35
BHPian

Quote:
I should be able to get them replaced by March hopefully. I had made up my mind for BluEarth earlier, but am keeping an eye out for constructive feedback on SecuraDrive, Perfinza (if size is available) as well.
I am looking to replace my stock tyre's which has done 50k Kms. Can you provide feedback on BluEarth , if incase you have changed with price details?

Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 22:24   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigneshMC View Post
I am looking to replace my stock tyre's which has done 50k Kms. Can you provide feedback on BluEarth , if incase you have changed with price details?

Thanks
Hi Vignesh, haven't got then replaced yet. Have been caught up in web of personal stuff - second wave, job scene etc.
Now I'm back in Mumbai. Need to scout for options there once the dust settles.
anubhav3110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 22:19   #37
BHPian

Hi

I have 2019 baleno delta variant, it comes with 185/65/r15 mrf rubber. Tyres have done 35k and still have enough rubber. I want to switch to alloys. Please recommend what width of alloys i can go for, keeping the stock tyres.
Old 18th January 2023, 11:42   #38

Hello all,

I’m looking to replace the tires of my Feb 2016 Baleno CVT delta petrol. Currently. It has MRF ZVT tires. which were replaced in Feb 2019; the tyre seems to have good rubber on them. Since the car has run only 26k till now.

My main criterion is a comfortable ride. Considering that I live in Mumbai, which has lot of potholes, since I travel from Aarey forest and the stiff suspension of Baleno . My second criterion is mileage and 3rd criterion is silence.
I also need to add that whenever I am driving long distances. The car is fully loaded with 5 people; Yet the majority of the usage is daily commute to office. I am not sure what car tyre fits the above bill and I really don’t want the dealer to push me for something which helps him make more margin.

Last edited by vb-saan : 18th January 2023 at 12:15. Reason: Maximum of 2 smileys per post please. Thank you!
Old 19th January 2023, 12:18   #39

An update,

I had shortlisted MRF perfinza but it seems MRF Perfinza is only available in 195/65 R15 91V where as i needed 185/65 R15 So I have no choice but to go with Yokohama Earth one.

Are there any other tyre choices????
Old 19th January 2023, 12:59   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainsunil View Post
My main criterion is a comfortable ride. Considering that I live in Mumbai, which has lot of potholes, since I travel from Aarey forest and the stiff suspension of Baleno . My second criterion is mileage and 3rd criterion is silence.
I also need to add that whenever I am driving long distances. The car is fully loaded with 5 people; Yet the majority of the usage is daily commute to office. I am not sure what car tyre fits the above bill and I really don’t want the dealer to push me for something which helps him make more margin.
Hey.

If you feel that the suspension is stiff and want to improve the comfort, I would suggest you upsize to 195/65R15 from your current 185/65R15s (it’s a 2% increase in diameter- well within acceptable limits - but importantly the taller sidewall would give better cushioning, especially in the rear seats.

Go for one of Conti UC6, Yoko BluEarth or Vredestein Ultrac on this size
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 09:49   #41

Replaced with Yokohama earth one- some improvement in mileage observed- lemme check the mileage at the end of 300 km. Slight improvement in suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainsunil View Post
Hello all,

I’m looking to replace the tires of my Feb 2016 Baleno CVT delta petrol. Currently. It has MRF ZVT tires. which were replaced in Feb 2019; the tyre seems to have good rubber on them. Since the car has run only 26k till now.

Old 5th July 2023, 21:32   #42

Tyre upgrade options for my 2017 Baleno

Hi guys,I'm looking for a set of tyres for my 2017 Baleno alpha 1.3 ddis.The vehicle has been running on a set of aftermarket Momo hyperstar evo's 16 inches and the tyres are upsized to 205/55/r16 .
The vehicle has currently done 1.2 lakh kms on the odo
with a mix of both city and highway runs.It is currently on the second set of tyres: Continental Max contact 205/55/r16.Its nearing the end of its life,So planning to upgrade to a new set of tyres which will serve me both for city and highway runs.Options considered:
1.Yokohama Blu Earth 205/55/16:Heard these are abuse friendly and suitable for Indian roads with a decent mix of road grip and comfort but I'm not sure about the noise levels
2.Conti 205/55/16:Not interested ,as I've experienced a lot of tyre noise from these.The wet and dry grip are just phenomenal but it's a way bit too noisy and it didn't last long in my vehicle (worn out at 42k kms)
3.Michelin primacy 205/55/16:Again the best mix of comfort and performance,but not willing to spend as it is way more expensive and I will be selling the car within a year
Bridgestone: Heard they are similar to yokhos
MRF:Best suited for Indian roads but way too hard
So Finally bit confused with all these options
I am a bit inclined towards Yokohamas
So Kindly suggest me which one to be considered
Old 31st October 2023, 11:27   #43
BHPian

Planning for a tyre replacement for my Baleno Zeta CVT 2017 model.
Just Crossed the 6 years mark with 53K kms in Odo.
Still running on Apollo Alamanac 4G ( Had to change one tyre due to a side wall puncture when it was around 10K in Odo). The apollos are very noisy tyres
The tires still have some thread left to run for another 1.5-2 kms.

Recently was having a grinding noise creeping inside the cabin when the RPM increases.
Checked with MASS and they are saying the both the front Hub and Bearing has to be replacement costing around 4K each.

Any recommendations to change the tyres as well along with Hub and Bearing and also recommendations for less noisy tyres would be helpful.
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 12:43   #44
BHPian

Got these 15 inch GTR pro hyper silver alloys on stock MRF 185/65 tyres for my stage 2 baleno.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Baleno (hatchback) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-b612_20230517_215739_535.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Baleno (hatchback) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-b612_20231112_223831_243.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks