Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2019, 00:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hello All,

One of my friend is planning tyre upgrade on his S-Cross 1.3. He plans to upgrade to 215/60 -R16.
The stock size is 205/60 -R16. Are there any recommendations for or against the upgrade and if for, then which tyres would be best suited? He is currently planning for Michelin Primacy 4ST.

Last edited by vickyP : 16th November 2019 at 00:09. Reason: Incomplete Sentence left
Old 19th August 2021, 09:08   #17
BHPian

Hi guys,

2020 scross has 215 section tires. So if one considers upgrading mag wheels of a 2015-17 model to 2020 would it be a direct fit.

Thanking in anticipation
Old 24th August 2022, 00:36   #18
BHPian

My 2017 facelifted S-Cross has run in 40K and the stock tyres are screaming. One of the tyre always lose air and I have to fill every 4-5 days despite never finding a puncture. Then the other one had got a huge cut on the sidewall recently. I am running it with a big cold patch but it doesn't give confidence esp. on long highway runs.

So I started looking for replacement and shortlisted Michelin P4ST and MRF Perfinza, thanks to Dr. Naren's posts on his S-Cross 1.6. However I then realized that MRF Perfinza isn't available in stock size (215/60 R16) and Michelin P4ST is too costly. So what do you guys suggest - my priority is low noise, comfort and grip in that order and would like to spend 8-9K per tyre (Michelin is in 12K range).
Old 24th August 2022, 10:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
my priority is low noise, comfort and grip in that order and would like to spend 8-9K per tyre
Continental UC6. Many owners are on it. The cost in June 2021 was 8400 apiece (I got it for 8000 apiece since I knew the owner )

Quote:
(Michelin is in 12K range).
Really? A year back (June 2021) P4ST 215s were retailing at 10400.

Looking at the prices, you may want to enquire in KL and possibly make a trip for the tire swap

At the time I purchased in Madras, P4ST was 9400 and UC6 was 7500 in KL.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 10:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
My 2017 facelifted S-Cross has run in 40K and the stock tyres are screaming. One of the tyre always lose air and I have to fill every 4-5 days despite never finding a puncture. Then the other one had got a huge cut on the sidewall recently. I am running it with a big cold patch but it doesn't give confidence esp. on long highway runs.

So I started looking for replacement and shortlisted Michelin P4ST and MRF Perfinza, thanks to Dr. Naren's posts on his S-Cross 1.6. However I then realized that MRF Perfinza isn't available in stock size (215/60 R16) and Michelin P4ST is too costly. So what do you guys suggest - my priority is low noise, comfort and grip in that order and would like to spend 8-9K per tyre (Michelin is in 12K range).
Hello, in the 8k to 9k range would suggest the following options (prices taken from tyremarket.com) :-

Vredestein Ultrac - 8300~
Continental UC6 - 8800~
Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 - 9000~

There are many recommendations in the forum for Conti UC6 but I've heard good things about the Vredesteins as well - the USPs being low noise and good comfort, Madhu's will be able to source it for you in Bengaluru.
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 11:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
There are many recommendations in the forum for Conti UC6 but I've heard good things about the Vredesteins as well - the USPs being low noise and good comfort, Madhu's will be able to source it for you in Bengaluru.
Thanks RubberGuru. I will visit and finalize Conti UC6 or Vredesteins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Looking at the prices, you may want to enquire in KL and possibly make a trip for the tire swap
Great suggestion I wouldn't mind it if the difference is indeed that much. Any suggestion on where to source it in northern Kerala (Bekal or Palakkad)
satishchugh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 14:02   #22
BHPian

I've been using Michelin P4ST for last 6 months and I have completed nearly 8k kms. One word, they're absolutely worth the money spent. Since I was coming from Jk UX Royale, i could see the day night difference between these two. Nothing comes to close what Michelin offers (purely my experience). Try once and you'll never regret it.
Jebs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 10:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaster View Post
My current tyres Continental UC6, particularly rear tyres are wearing at alarming rate. Not sure its because of faulty rear axle in my S-Cross or UC6 has softer compounds.
You may want to get your rear suspension checked first before tire swap. I had used the UC6 for 27K on my S-Cross before selling it. I did not experience uneven wear during my UC6 usage, even though I had rear suspension work pending. I however get alignment done every 5K and rotation every 10K.

About the Apollo question, it is not going to be as silent as the UC6. That is what you'll lose moving from soft to hard compound. However switching compound will not solve your uneven wear problem.
Old 1st December 2022, 15:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
You may want to get your rear suspension checked first before tire swap.
Thanks Narayan, will definitely check rear suspension, recently replaced rear shock absorbers. I'm suspecting rear axle issue which was reported earlier by Dr.Naren. It's better to check before adding all new tyres.
Old 28th July 2023, 11:54   #25

My Collegue who drives a Suzuki - S-Cross wants to upgrade his JK Tyres of 205/60/16 to Apollo Apterra 205/65/R16. Is it advisable, the effective difference is 3%.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks