Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2006, 00:13   #1
BHPian

16" for Civic... in Goa?

Hi,

I'm looking to upsize a Civic to 16" wheels. How does 215/55R16 sound?

Problem is I need them for a car thats in Goa and doesnt plan to go to a large city anytime soon. Are there any good alloy wheel dealers in Goa? Will any dealer in Mumbai deliver to Goa? Also, what would be a good tyre at that size, particularly for Goa's very wet monsoons and hot summers?

Side Question: Would it be acceptable to fit the Civic's OE wheels and tyres (195/65R15's I think) on either a Ford Ikon or a Ford Fiesta? (the Ikon currently has 185/70R14's). Does the OD match? How about the bolt pattern etc?

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd September 2006, 21:44   #2
BHPian

There are plenty of dealers in Goa for alloys. I can pm you some numbers if interested.
As for OD questions, read the sticky in this forum.
Old 23rd September 2006, 09:35   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd
Hi,

I'm looking to upsize a Civic to 16" wheels. How does 215/55R16 sound?

Problem is I need them for a car thats in Goa and doesnt plan to go to a large city anytime soon. Are there any good alloy wheel dealers in Goa? Will any dealer in Mumbai deliver to Goa? Also, what would be a good tyre at that size, particularly for Goa's very wet monsoons and hot summers?

Side Question: Would it be acceptable to fit the Civic's OE wheels and tyres (195/65R15's I think) on either a Ford Ikon or a Ford Fiesta? (the Ikon currently has 185/70R14's). Does the OD match? How about the bolt pattern etc?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Almost all dealers in Mumbai wil deliver anywhere in India. Delivery charges etc. Pm me if you want a ref. I dont think the rims will fit the Ford as pcd may be different. Will need to ask around.

Viper
Old 23rd September 2006, 12:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd

Ikon n Fiesta has 4 bolts n CIVIC has 5 bolts
Old 23rd September 2006, 18:56   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Filcord, can you please PM me those numbers. If the Goa dealers have good stuff might as well avoid the delay and shipping charges involved in having them sent from Mumbai.

Another question, the Honda dealer said he wont do the wheel change himself, saying that "Honda does not reccomend an upsize". So that got me wondering, will the warranty be voided if the wheels are upsized?
Old 27th September 2006, 00:57   #6
BHPian

I know that OD is supposed to be within 2%.

So if i pick 215/50/R16, which has an OD that's exactly 2% less than the stock wheels and tyres, is that acceptable? I like that one cuz its wide, decently low profile but still a 16 incher so probably not too uncomfortable. Also the ride height gets lowered by almost a centimeter, which would look much better.

And what are the best tyres out there? Bridgestone Potenza GIII? Any good alternatives?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks