Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Preferred Tyre Size in my situation :
165/70 R14 11 84.62%
165/80 R14 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2024, 20:27   #91

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I am still using the original tyres of my 2017 Grand i10 Asta (6 years). Ran 47,500 kms. Usage is 70% highways (mostly good roads) + 30% city (all kinds of roads).

Treads have a good amount of wear. but no other visible issues. A few things I noticed recently is
1. bit more noise in the cabin at relatively high speeds.
2. The car feels unstable while driving on continuous rumble strips even at relatively low speeds.

I am thinking about changing the car in 1-2 years but not very sure. So,
A. So is it safe to continue using the existing tyres? Is there any way to get it evaluated? I enquired in a tyre shop, and they said we have to change every 4 years, even if not run much, which doesn't look convincing to me.
B. Are new tyres considered in car valuation during car resale? especially in online platforms like Spinny. cars24.
sirius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 22:38   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius View Post
I am still using the original tyres of my 2017 Grand i10 Asta (6 years). Ran 47,500 kms. Usage is 70% highways (mostly good roads) + 30% city (all kinds of roads).

Treads have a good amount of wear. but no other visible issues. A few things I noticed recently is
2. The car feels unstable while driving on continuous rumble strips even at relatively low speeds.

A. So is it safe to continue using the existing tyres? Is there any way to get it evaluated? I enquired in a tyre shop, and they said we have to change every 4 years, even if not run much, which doesn't look convincing to me.
B. Are new tyres considered in car valuation during car resale? especially in online platforms like Spinny. cars24.
Are you sure about changing your car after 1-2 years? If so, I would suggest you to retain your factory fitted tyres. They can easily last 8 years, provided your running is not very high. I'm speaking this from personal experience. However, if you're thinking about peace of mind, you can either buy brand new cheap Ceat Milaze X3s/ JK Taximax or search for second hand tyres which are in good condition.
Regarding the second query, I won't be able to answer as I haven't dealt with second hand car selling platforms till now.
TurboKat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 18:44   #93
BHPian

Quote:

Aftermarket tyres are always good for 10 years life after date of manufacturing.

OE tyres that come with a new car is either 10 years or 6 years which is typically stated somewhere in user manual.

My hunch is India Hyundai 2017 Grand i10 Asta OE tyres are good for 10 years, correct me if someone's Hyundai manual says otherwise.
zeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 20:21   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It depends on the overall rubber condition. Tread wear is not always a true indicator, especially if your running is majorly on highways. You have to check for signs of dried up rubber. Generally, tyres tend to lose their soft and supple feel over time. Brittleness and hairline cracks develop over 5 to 6 years in Indian climate. In exceptional cases where the exposure to outside elements is minimal, the tyres can serve a year or two longer without hindering safety. Beyond that, it's like sitting on a ticking time bomb.

Quote:
If you plan to use the car for a couple of years more, I'd suggest getting new tyres. Yes, you'll get a marginally higher price with new tyres. Brand doesn't matter, only tread depth does, so spend accordingly. You can go with a cheaper brand, as recommended in the above post.

Tyres that have entered dry rot state are at an increased risk of blowing up at high speeds. There's no point risking your safety if you frequent the highways.

Last edited by self_driven : 21st January 2024 at 20:23.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 22:14   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKat View Post
Are you sure about changing your car after 1-2 years? If so, I would suggest you to retain your factory fitted tyres. They can easily last 8 years, provided your running is not very high. I'm speaking this from personal experience. However, if you're thinking about peace of mind, you can either buy brand new cheap Ceat Milaze X3s/ JK Taximax or search for second hand tyres which are in good condition.
Regarding the second query, I won't be able to answer as I haven't dealt with second hand car selling platforms till now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeng View Post
Aftermarket tyres are always good for 10 years life after date of manufacturing.

OE tyres that come with a new car is either 10 years or 6 years which is typically stated somewhere in user manual.

My hunch is India Hyundai 2017 Grand i10 Asta OE tyres are good for 10 years, correct me if someone's Hyundai manual says otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
It depends on the overall rubber condition. Tread wear is not always a true indicator, especially if your running is majorly on highways. You have to check for signs of dried up rubber. Generally, tyres tend to lose their soft and supple feel over time. Brittleness and hairline cracks develop over 5 to 6 years in Indian climate. In exceptional cases where the exposure to outside elements is minimal, the tyres can serve a year or two longer without hindering safety. Beyond that, it's like sitting on a ticking time bomb.

If you plan to use the car for a couple of years more, I'd suggest getting new tyres. Yes, you'll get a marginally higher price with new tyres. Brand doesn't matter, only tread depth does, so spend accordingly. You can go with a cheaper brand, as recommended in the above post.

Tyres that have entered dry rot state are at an increased risk of blowing up at high speeds. There's no point risking your safety if you frequent the highways.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Today I bought 4 Ceat 165/65R14 MILAZE X3 TL 79T SW - 106699 Tyres ( as suggested by @TurboKat )from https://tyresnmore.com/, it was quick (within 3 hours of the booking, they brought and replaced the tyres at my home) and the overall experience is excellent.
It cost me 16.4k which includes tyres + wheel balancing + fitting + 4 new valves. They took the old tyres with them.
I got a warranty til 2027 January, where the tyre will be replaced for any kind of damage except punctures.
Then upto 2029 January, the tyre will be replaced in case of bubble/bulging.
Icing on the cake: It seems CEAT is running an offer (https://www.ceat.com/gold-offer) of giving 1 gram gold coin to customers who bought 4 tyres in Telangana and AP in January month. but not sure about all the terms and conditions. Still, Fingers crossed.

Attaching some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20240121-9.38.40-pm-1.jpeg  

Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20240121-9.38.40-pm-2.jpeg  

Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20240121-9.38.40-pm-3.jpeg  

Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20240121-9.38.40-pm.jpeg  

sirius is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 23:41   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestions.
Today I bought 4 Ceat 165/65R14 MILAZE X3 TL 79T SW - 106699 Tyres ( as suggested by @TurboKat )from https://tyresnmore.com/, it was quick (within 3 hours of the booking, they brought and replaced the tyres at my home) and the overall experience is excellent.
It cost me 16.4k which includes tyres + wheel balancing + fitting + 4 new valves. They took the old tyres with them.
I got a warranty til 2027 January, where the tyre will be replaced for any kind of damage except punctures.
Then upto 2029 January, the tyre will be replaced in case of bubble/bulging.
Icing on the cake: It seems CEAT is running an offer (https://www.ceat.com/gold-offer) of giving 1 gram gold coin to customers who bought 4 tyres in Telangana and AP in January month. but not sure about all the terms and conditions. Still, Fingers crossed.

Attaching some pics.
You will find the Ceats inferior than the stock Apollos in terms of tyre noise. The Milaze X3s will start making a racket from 60 kmph onwards. However, they will do the job as you aren't planning to retain the car for long (we all know: fresh rubber of any brand>dry rotten rubber of best brands).
Old 22nd January 2024, 02:12   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKat View Post
You will find the Ceats inferior than the stock Apollos in terms of tyre noise. The Milaze X3s will start making a racket from 60 kmph onwards. However, they will do the job as you aren't planning to retain the car for long (we all know: fresh rubber of any brand>dry rotten rubber of best brands).
Thanks for the info. Yeah I primarily want peace of mind.
Btw need an advice on following- one of the Bridgestone tyre of My father’s Honda Jazz has got damaged due to unattended puncture for a long time. They rarely using and hire a driver when required. We replaced it with Stepney of smaller size at local tyre shop in nearby town as a temporary measure . All the remaining tyres are almost 2 years old and ran around 20k kms. Shall we replace with brand new Bridgestone tyre? Will it cause any issues as other tyres are of different dimensions due to wear?
Old 22nd January 2024, 20:38   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Yeah I primarily want peace of mind.
Btw need an advice on following- one of the Bridgestone tyre of My father’s Honda Jazz has got damaged due to unattended puncture for a long time. They rarely using and hire a driver when required. We replaced it with Stepney of smaller size at local tyre shop in nearby town as a temporary measure . All the remaining tyres are almost 2 years old and ran around 20k kms. Shall we replace with brand new Bridgestone tyre? Will it cause any issues as other tyres are of different dimensions due to wear?
Does the Jazz get a space saver?
I've heard some experts say that both the tyres on one axle should be replaced/ should be of the same age if all the tyres are not changed. But, as the tyres are relatively new, I would suggest you to get one new tyre and use it till all the tyres need replacement. During the next complete replacement, you can shift the fresher tyre to the spare rim.
O.T. - Two of our vehicles are same.
TurboKat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks