Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Best set of tyres? - In India.
Goodyear 72 9.13%
Pirelli 35 4.44%
Michelin 256 32.45%
Bridgestone 232 29.40%
Falkens 7 0.89%
BF Goodrich 12 1.52%
Mrf 35 4.44%
Ceat 3 0.38%
Yokohama 111 14.07%
Dunlop 5 0.63%
JK Tyre 5 0.63%
Apollo Tyres 16 2.03%
Voters: 789. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2005, 00:47   #46
BHPian

Yokos... anyday. If you can afford them, that is. Otherwise I think I'd get a set of Potenza GIIIs... which is what I ahve on my OHC, and am very happy with them.

However, it is like an unsaid fact that Yoko's are THE BEST tyres around. They look fabulous, and perform to extreme limits. All in all, nothing to beat a set of Yoko tyres in any category. Its like having an Aston Martin along with Suzukis and VolksWagon. They are all great cars, but youd want an Aston any day, if you could afford it. Great Styling, combined with insane performance... you get the gist...
Old 26th August 2005, 01:43   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

I have Michellin Certis 205/60 on my accord which has clocked 25k now and the tyres r like new! literally no sign of wear. I think they are perfect for indian roads as sports tyres tend to get punctures easily but tyres like certis dont fall prey to nails,etc easily. Ride quality and grip is excellent too.
Have the Goodyear NCT 5 on my mercedes, these were the ones that came with the car and at 30K they were totally bald! Handling and comfort were excellent with them but i guess the cars features like ESP is that mkaes the handling good and the suspension rocks as it is.
Old 26th August 2005, 02:25   #48
BHPian

According to me Goodyear NCT 5 or F1 GSD3 have a better grip and ride quality than Bridgestone any day .. Somehow i have never had good experience with Bridgestone ..

Sahil,
The NCT 5 on the Merc are ECO friendly tyres and are made of very soft compound ... so they only have a life of 30000 km .. Secondly the car is really heavy so stopping the car requires lot of wear and tear ...
Old 26th August 2005, 07:08   #49
Team-BHP Support

Although I have voted for Bridgestone, off late I have started hating them... the tyres just dont suit the Zen and quite recently getting over pot holes they have started developing bulbs on the side wall and when checked from the inside I can clearly see a deep cut through the metal and rubber which I should say is poor quality, as I dont misuse the car in anyways and am a careful driver.
Old 26th August 2005, 09:04   #50
BHPian

Well although you have said the best overall tyre its really hard to state coz each have very different areas of strength.
As far as i'm concerned, when it comes to Tyres, the look is absolutely the last thing i go for, although i would love to have tyres as good looking as the Eagle F1s, when it comes to tyres esp, Look is last. there are many other places in the car where i would trade form over function, or compromise, but not tyres

I wont go for the Goodyears , their rise and sound is too much,
Not much experience with the imported brands, so cant say
Have had bridgestones, thought they were very competent, but havent driven on G3's though.

My well known choice is the Michelin Certis, Give you great balance as far as Performance, Handling & comfort go. A touch higher side on the price but that is offset by the aboce qualities as well as excellent durability (which is a bit surprising!!), the biggest clincher for me is the ride comfort though. You can go lower profile and the certis compensates for the the harsher ride with ease, giving you your original ride on lower profiles

a great overall performer
Old 26th August 2005, 11:02   #51
BHPian

I own a Scorpio and have put Hankook's 275/R15/65, they have clocked 24Thousand and are still look as good as new.
Old 26th August 2005, 11:10   #52
Senior - BHPian

used a lot of the brands above and will swear by yokohamas any day. when it comes to performance nothing like the yokohamas in india...of course if abroad there are better tire options
Old 26th August 2005, 12:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

I run on rather unglamorous Goodyear Ducaros, and they're passable in the dry, but absolutely amazing in the wet. I actually prefer driving in the wet, just because of the rubber factor.

Yokohama...I guess you are referring to the ES 100? Driven a friend's Vtec a lot, with these. Amazing set of tyres. But I felt they were slightly unsettled by dust, as is found on the edge of roads. Maybe it was the car itself, because there were no such issues on Iceman's SuperBaleno.

Hate Bridgestones. After seeing stock Indian S248 and S322 tyres, with bubbles galore, on brand new tyres, hate them.

Michelin (Certis)... again driven a lot with these... they're amazing, especially in the wet. Also, aren't they the only asymmetrical treads around?

Still don't know what to vote for, though...
Old 26th August 2005, 15:05   #54
BANNED

Curious - why don't we have MRF / JK / Apollo / CEAT etc. in this poll?
Old 26th August 2005, 15:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

This the first time Iam hearing about performance and looks for a tyre.

Is the good performance means the slower they wear off.

Also in this thread someone mentioning effective braking. It's a news for me that braking efficiency differs on different models of tyres ( Iam not talking about the size).

Can someone post me the snaps of two different tyres to understand the way it looks.

Anyway, pls let me know the best performer tyre so that I would recommend to others
Old 26th August 2005, 19:51   #56
BHPian

Goodyear

Using Goodyear Eagle GT and plus Tubless for more than 30,000 KM. No issues so far and yes compared to stock bridstone the ride and grip is far better
Old 26th August 2005, 20:39   #57
BANNED

Not gonna vote here but this link might help people before they vote
http://www.tirerack.com
Old 27th August 2005, 03:50   #58
Senior - BHPian

Bridgestone Potenza GIII for thier sheer grip,braking and cornering.They are almost perfect in all the aspects.
Toyo Tires come a close second,as ive driven on them for a long time too.They are just excellent.

X
Old 27th August 2005, 04:07   #59
BHPian

well i use bridgestone potenza G3's 195/50/R15 on my accent....and when there's need for performance and stability these tyres have no competition at all !!!
Old 27th August 2005, 05:51   #60
BHPian

Just to add I would have voted for Brstone Potenza G3's as I have them on my Opel Astra and they have clocked 60Thousaond and can go 10 more....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks