Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2020, 14:27   #61
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
Found a Crysta 2.8Z with 235/65 R17 tyres.It actually looked oversized.I also suspect the tyres may be rubbing against the wheel wells.Attachment 1960737
Who ever upgraded the tyres was wrong. See the attached pics. How can any one fit 235 tyre on 6.5j rim
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot_20200125141809_samsung-internet.jpg  

Old 25th January 2020, 15:26   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Who ever upgraded the tyres was wrong. See the attached pics. How can any one fit 235 tyre on 6.5j rim
Maybe he was so fed up of bust rims and tyres that he went to the shop and told them to fit the biggest tyre they had resulting in this
If any brand new Innova owner with 16 inch rims wants to swap it with 17 then I might give it a shot. The Crysta is meant for parents and I don't want them to be bothered with such issues. Can give up that bit of handling for peace of mind.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 15:43   #63
BHPian

235/55/r17 would be a better upgrade than this. I have upgraded to 255/45/r18 and very happy with the setup. The tyres grip like a leech and no tyre bursts.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20190415wa0005.jpeg  

Vulken Auto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 21:07   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
It really stood out from a far distance.I was just walking around in the morning and noticed a really thick sidewall on this car.Later in the day got to properly check the size.Honestly it looked ugly.
Old 12th February 2020, 07:02   #65
BHPian

I’m getting an innova crysta 2.8 ZX with Bridgestone turanza. 215/55/r17, wondering if I should change to Michelin primacy 4st soon after delivery, would like to stick to stock size. Pls advise.
Old 10th March 2020, 00:42   #66
BHPian

Hi All,

Posting this again in the proper thread.

I have recently acquired the 2.8Z 2016 variant and the car comes with 215 55 R17 tires and all four tires are still in stock condition with one tire having small cut and other three are without any issues. But since these tires are prone to a sidewall cut and I am worried before taking it for any long rides. Now I have the following options and would request the experts to suggest the best option
a) Upgrade the tire to 225 55 R17 but looks to be expensive option as each tire cost upwards of 18k+
b) Upgrade the tire to 215 60 R17
c) Swap it with 16 Inches ( Will it compromise the ride quality) looks to be the logical option.
d) Since there is no/minimal damage and tires have 40% life left, should I just increase the PSI to 35 and live for another 10k Kms and change it when tires are gone with one of the above options. ( Financially no impact )
Old 10th March 2020, 08:37   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
Hi All,

c) Swap it with 16 Inches ( Will it compromise the ride quality) looks to be the logical option.
If you've read the official review of Crysta and gone through this (Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review) post, you'll see that this option seems to be the best one. Also read this (Toyota Innova Crysta ZX dumps 17" wheels for 16". UPDATE: Back to 17") thread.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 16:30   #68
Senior - BHPian

Any pointers to a website to purchase Michelin in India?
Old 24th March 2020, 18:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
Hi All,

Posting this again in the proper thread.

I have recently acquired the 2.8Z 2016 variant and the car comes with 215 55 R17 tires and all four tires are still in stock condition with one tire having small cut and other three are without any issues. But since these tires are prone to a sidewall cut and I am worried before taking it for any long rides. Now I have the following options and would request the experts to suggest the best option
a) Upgrade the tire to 225 55 R17 but looks to be expensive option as each tire cost upwards of 18k+
b) Upgrade the tire to 215 60 R17
d) Since there is no/minimal damage and tires have 40% life left, should I just increase the PSI to 35 and live for another 10k Kms and change it when tires are gone with one of the above options. ( Financially no impact )
If you using car mainly in tarmac, stick to stock 17 inchers. 16 inchers are good if you frequently load the car to brim and use bad roads. I personally like ride quality of 17 inchers as they are little more stiff and engaging to drive.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 21:30   #70
BANNED

Tyre change dilemma!

Previoulsy used tyres:
1) Michelin Primacy SUV 215/65R16 102H
Feedback - Good comfortable tyres, decent road holding, abuse friendly (hammered over potholes at triple digit speeds), great quality from michelin and decent roadholding. One of the few negatives is that due to the sidewall height alongwith typical michelin sidewall flex there is some roll more so than with stock tyres. But 215 section easy to spin the rears, that is a minor drawback in my case.

2) Michelin Primacy 3ST 225/55R17 101W
This change was before the Primacy SUV's wore out. With this change the Crysta was more surefooted, braking was excellent, dry grip is awesome, wet handling is confidence inspiring. 225 improved the rear grip a lot. I can't find fault with these tyres except the one tyre that I had to permanently mark as a spare due to kerbing hard with a damage that looks exactly like this (no cords exposed).
Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-2qb7q5l1184x708.jpg
Src: Google search

Now I am looking at another tyre change expense as both the rear tyres have worn down with less than 2mm remaining. The fronts have around 5mm remaining and are damage free and so should be good for another 10,000Km minimum. In this scenario a tyre rotation will extend the service life and can push this expense to a later date. Unfortunately one of the rear tyres have a 1.5 year old external string puncture repair and I am not comfortable putting that in the front. At that time I could not find a tyre shop in my town who would do fix the puncture from inside and I let it be and forgot about it.

This time for a change I considered going back to OE 16 inch wheel 215/65R16 and choosing a road biased AT tyre with like the GY Wrangler Silentrac for the stiffer sidewall and durable construction. I fell in love with it when I saw it at the shop, the tread design and strong stiff sidewall. But unfortunately the idea of going back to 16 inch was scrapped mainly because >> 16 does look small on the Crysta and it is slightly inset into the wheel well (ET is different between 16" & 17" wheel) as well lesser rim width << this and that I can use the current fronts for longer helped me decide to stick with 17" wheel. Now I am considering putting wider tyres at the rear 235/55R17 and retain 225/55R17 at the fronts aka a staggered setup till the fronts wear out. My thinking a wider rear tyre should last longer and grip better. I am aware of the difference in rolling diameter between these two sizes, but when they wear out will replace them with 235/55R17.

Brands considered are Yokohama RV02 Bluearth 235/55R17 with load rating of 103 and similarly rated and same size Michelin Primacy 4ST. I can guess the Primacy would be good, but anyone have anything to say regarding Yoko Bluearth RV02 about its durability, tread wear, grip on dry and wet etc? Are there any other tyres worth considering in this size?

Last edited by Sankar : 19th August 2020 at 21:33.
Old 27th August 2020, 00:57   #71
BANNED

if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Changed the rear tyres to Michelin Primacy 4ST 225/55 R17. I was happy with the performance of Michelin Primacy 3ST and after looking up a lot of tyre reviews I decided to stay with the brand. I cannot see what is the difference between Primacy 3 or Primacy 4 both look the same to me. Hopefully with better right foot control this set of rear tyres should last longer.

Primacy 4 at shop
Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20200826_150740.jpg

Tread depth of newly fitted Primacy 4
Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20200826_213138.jpg

Tread remaining on the front set of Primacy 3
Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20200826_213257.jpg

I had restricted the tyre options available to me due to the inclusion of two non negotiable requirements - 1) the load index rating should be minimum 101 and 2) the speed rating should be minimum V. I would not consider a tyre in 55 profile for Innova which did not meet this and that chucked out a few other options like the Falken ZE912, Goodyear Efficientgrip etc

I did look up Yokohama Bluearth RV02 (did not consider Earth1 or AE50) but could not find any detailed review on this and one Russian video I saw put me off from RV02. Another choice I came across was Momo ALusion M9 (in 235/55 R17) but I didn't know much about this tyre and couldn't find any reviews either. It was probably good that the dealer couldn't source it on the promised date and I decided not to wait for it (although the price was very very attractive).
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 11:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

Hi All - My Cryzta is up for a tyre change. It has run 46K km on the stock Apollo Apterra 205/65/R16 size.

I would like to retain the same size, given how comfortable the rides were thus far.

Any recommendations please? I was asked by the Dealer to go for the Yokohama that they had, but I was in a hurry and had not done enough research prior. I have a long drive coming up in a week and would want to get the tyre change done this week. I am leaning towards a Bridgestone, given how well it was on my previous Innova.

The other question - I see a lot of happy customers with Madhu's enterprises at Bangalore. Do they have just one branch at Wilson Garden ?

Thank you.
Old 25th October 2020, 12:20   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Hi All - My Cryzta is up for a tyre change. It has run 46K

The other question - I see a lot of happy customers with Madhu's enterprises at Bangalore. Do they have just one branch at Wilson Garden ?

Thank you.
Nope. They have a branch in Langford road-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...galore-22.html (Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore))
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 16:12   #74
BHPian

Hi,
Will Pirelli 225/60/R17 profile suit the innova crysta? Suggestions are welcome. Looking forward to prompt replies.
Thanks everyone
Old 25th November 2020, 00:13   #75

Hi, Need guidance for Innova Crysta ZX tyre upgrade from fresh OE tires (with buyback and swap)

Since Michelins seem to be very very difficult to source due to the import related issues, getting options of Yokohama BlueEarth 225/55/R17.

Any feedbacks if anyone used this brand and profile on ZX and feedback regards ride, side profile height increase benefits.

Also, does it make sense to go to Yokohama BlueEarth from Bridgestone Turanza for Innova Crysta ZX as YOKOs will be little soft as compared to Bridgestone (and Michelins), hence lesser side profile benefits (?) and may be more prone to punctures?

From previous experience on other cars YOKO Earth1 tyres are slightly more prone to punctures as compared to Michelin ST3 or ST4s

Thanks you for the help

Most Viewed