Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2021, 13:02   #121
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShubhamGhute View Post
Gave my Crysta much needed 3rd set of tyres. Earlier I had got 225/60 R16 Michelin Primacy 4 but due to current tyre shortage, switched to 215/65 R16 with Bridgestone Turanza T001 (DOT: last week of 2020). I don’t regret my decision one bit. 215/65 gives maximum side wall which aids better ride quality.

With 225/60 R16, steering was too heavy and cumbersome but with 215/65 R16, it’s bit lighter. Just love the soft cusiony feel over potholes

Bridgestone Turanza T001 costed me 8k per tyre including fitting, alignment, balancing and new valves
Dear Brother,

Very well maintained and loved Innova.
Can you please share your vital experiences with the Turanza T001. how is the driveability on wet corners and over rough broken patches of road ?
I have last week added Turanza T001 tyres to my Honda BRV.

Regards.
Old 1st January 2022, 17:02   #122
BHPian

Given that Michelin 215 65 r16 is unavailable mostly. What is the next best option for comfort and safety? I am not worried about tyre life.

I am from Bangalore. And by the way did Madhus close their shop? Couldnt find them on map.

Would like to know comfort and quality of Conti

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 1st January 2022 at 17:12.
Old 20th January 2022, 08:47   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
And by the way did Madhus close their shop? Couldnt find them on map.
They have moved to a different location, its near Lalbagh.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...bangalore.html (Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore)
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 09:06   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Thanks actually I found them last week and picked up 215 60 r16 4ST. Super happy with the new shoes. Feels slightly softer in slow speeds and grippier on high speeds now. Looks better due to slightly lower profile too. Earlier it looked a bit fatter. Perfect upgrade!
sam_sant2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 11:27   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Primacy 4ST is very comfortable and the ride is soft. It's taking the pothole filled Blore roads very well and on the highways too, it's a been a good experience so far. Had my first puncture with a nail gone in and that makes me believe that 4ST compound is softer when compared to Primacy SUV or 3ST. The same was echoed by Sankar too. Another friend who bought 4ST tyres for his BRV had a puncture in less than a week. I never had any puncture on the primacy SUV tyres in the first 50k kms of usage.
2nd puncture with the 4ST on the same right front tyre

I am maintaining 33 PSI on all the tyres. Anything above, the ride comfort feels harsh. May be I need to maintain 34 PST?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Thanks actually I found them last week and picked up 215 60 r16 4ST. Super happy with the new shoes. Feels slightly softer in slow speeds and grippier on high speeds now. Looks better due to slightly lower profile too. Earlier it looked a bit fatter. Perfect upgrade!
Do let us know about your feedback on the 4ST Tyres. Whats the PSI you are maintaining for your Tyres?
Old 18th May 2022, 01:27   #126
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team,

Going to get an Innova GX AT Diesel in a couple of months. I don't know what the stock tyre it comes with but like most new cars, company tyres are hard compound and I think I should change them as soon as the car is out of the showroom.

I have been using Michelin XM2's on my Swift Diesel all its life and want to buy the same for the Crysta too which comes in 205-65-R16 for my version.

Does anyone have experience of using XM2 + on an Innova Crysta? Is it a safe bet for a heavy car like Innova too?
Old 18th May 2022, 02:27   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Hi Team,

Going to get an Innova GX AT Diesel in a couple of months. I don't know what the stock tyre it comes with but like most new cars, company tyres are hard compound and I think I should change them as soon as the car is out of the showroom.
Our 2021 GX MT came with Apollo Apterras. Decent tyres but on the noisier side, specially on cemented roads.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-00.jpg

A close friend has Michelin XM2s on his old Innova(205/65R15s) since many years now, and they posed absolutely no issue due to weight of the car. Pic of 2 new Michelins he picked couple of years ago(quite an old stock though due to unavailability):

Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20211030wa0016.jpg

Do check out Continental UC6s also, they are very competent tyres and a proper alternative to Michelins I'd say.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 18th May 2022 at 02:30.
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 19:01   #128
BHPian

I drive a 2016 ZX Crysta and the vehicle is now due for a change of tyres. Currently on Bridgestone Turanza.

1. I drive it on my own, with 80% being in the city. Which brand/model is suggested for a more pliant ride especially over all the potholes and speed breakers?

2. One shop here in Hyderabad suggested that I can upsize to 225/60 despite the alloys being 17 inch. Is that ok?

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd May 2022, 00:57   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Our 2021 GX MT came with Apollo Apterras. Decent tyres but on the noisier side, specially on cemented roads.

A close friend has Michelin XM2s on his old Innova(205/65R15s) since many years now, and they posed absolutely no issue due to weight of the car. Pic of 2 new Michelins he picked couple of years ago(quite an old stock though due to unavailability):

Do check out Continental UC6s also, they are very competent tyres and a proper alternative to Michelins I'd say.
Hey, Thank you for the quick revert. Sorry for the late reply.

I want to upgrade but I think I am already stretched with the purchase, so I will after a year or so of using the company tyres.

One more question, is the 5th wheel an alloy that comes with the Diesel G Auto version of the Crysta?
Old 23rd May 2022, 01:26   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

One more question, is the 5th wheel an alloy that comes with the Diesel G Auto version of the Crysta?
Its a full size spare mounted on steel rim(pre facelift used to come with 5 alloy wheels). And price of a new alloy is around 20k as per spares incharge of local workshop.
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 23:46   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Its a full size spare mounted on steel rim(pre facelift used to come with 5 alloy wheels). And price of a new alloy is around 20k as per spares incharge of local workshop.
Thanks Leoshashi. I think I will buy a full size alloy wheel in a couple of months after the car comes.
humyum is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 17:40   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBoy View Post
I drive a 2016 ZX Crysta and the vehicle is now due for a change of tyres. Currently on Bridgestone Turanza.

1. I drive it on my own, with 80% being in the city. Which brand/model is suggested for a more pliant ride especially over all the potholes and speed breakers?

2. One shop here in Hyderabad suggested that I can upsize to 225/60 despite the alloys being 17 inch. Is that ok?

Thanks in advance.
Hello did you upgrade to size 225/60, and how has been your experience? I also am looking at upgrading to this size.
Old 8th July 2022, 16:12   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Hello did you upgrade to size 225/60, and how has been your experience? I also am looking at upgrading to this size.
I went for 215/60, and I am quite happy with this configuration. I went for this configuration only on the basis of the advice given by the owner of the store I bought these from. He said that the 225/60 would lead to a heavier steering. I am quite happy with the new tyres. Ride quality has definitely improved.
Old 8th July 2022, 16:47   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBoy View Post
I went for 215/60, and I am quite happy with this configuration. I went for this configuration only on the basis of the advice given by the owner of the store I bought these from. He said that the 225/60 would lead to a heavier steering. I am quite happy with the new tyres. Ride quality has definitely improved.
Thanks which tyres you chose? Bridgestones or Yokohamas? 60 profile just gives 5mm more of side wall, did it make a big difference in ride? Am worried about side wall cuts.
Old 8th July 2022, 22:22   #135
BHPian

Yes, that extra 5 mm seems to have made good difference. As to the tyres, I went a little bold and switched to Goodyear ATM. These costed ₹8,200 per tyre (₹6,400 net of GST as we get to claim input credit on corporate purchase).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks