Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2023, 16:39   #181
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

My GX has gracefully reached its third year, covering 61,000 kilometers on Bridgestone 205/65R16 tires. While two tires are still factory originals, I had to replace the other two at 45,000 kms due to unexpected circumstances. Despite the constraints at that time, I'm now contemplating a change and upgrade for two of my tires.

Being content with the stock Bridgestone tires so far, I'm exploring the option of transitioning to either 215/60R16 (readily available across various brands) or the less common 215/65R16 size. The reason behind considering the 65 aspect is to maintain the existing tire height. Given that 225 width would be a mismatch with the current 205 tires, I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

I'm also open to exploring alternatives to Bridgestone. Any recommendations on tire size and brand would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Bravo
Old 27th November 2023, 22:35   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Hello fellow enthusiasts,

My GX has gracefully reached its third year, covering 61,000 kilometers on Bridgestone 205/65R16 tires. While two tires are still factory originals, I had to replace the other two at 45,000 kms due to unexpected circumstances. Despite the constraints at that time, I'm now contemplating a change and upgrade for two of my tires.

Being content with the stock Bridgestone tires so far, I'm exploring the option of transitioning to either 215/60R16 (readily available across various brands) or the less common 215/65R16 size. The reason behind considering the 65 aspect is to maintain the existing tire height. Given that 225 width would be a mismatch with the current 205 tires, I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

I'm also open to exploring alternatives to Bridgestone. Any recommendations on tire size and brand would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Bravo
Try Conti UC6 in 215/60/R16 size or the standard 205/65/R16 size. I am using the 215/60/R16 size and they are very comfortable.
samabhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 07:09   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Try Conti UC6 in 215/60/R16 size or the standard 205/65/R16 size. I am using the 215/60/R16 size and they are very comfortable.
I went with Conti UC6 with standard 205/65R16. Can’t really comment on comfort as I have them in rear. Front is still Bridgestone. They are silent is all I can appreciate for now.

Regards
Bravo
Old 1st April 2024, 11:45   #184
Senior - BHPian

Gave my car for the 20 thousand kilometer service. Has been regularly been driven on the highway because of going to Nashik every 14 days for mom's treatment. Its a 2022 GX Crysta Diesel Auto.

The car came back fine with them still not acknowledging the noise from the steering wheel knuckle when adjusted to anything other than low position of the steering, they said its normal. I made the Millennium guy write in the record of the observation by me though.

One more bummber, one of the alloy wheels they balanced had more than 100 grams weight in it, I know from the fact that earlier balance never came up with such high weights, so I took it to my balancing guy whom I always balance from when I have a doubt and same was done at 10000 km too.

The other tyres had some imbalance of 10-20 grams and were rebalanced and corrected but this one alloy wheel took more than 100 grams and still was coming up with residual weights. It was not the balancing machine as all the other's balanced right after adding weights on the check spin.

We tried with a new tyre, but this too turned out to be the same with residual weights coming up. We checked the runout with the naked eye and it had none, rotating just fine.

Don't know why this is happening, the car is just 20000 km run and immaculately maintained with the right tyre pressures. Should a roadforce balancing fix this? Is it okay to have a brand new tyre on the rear axle with another which has run 20000 km, both are of the same brand and model.

Saifee has road force balancing machine as confirmed by Nikhil.

Most Viewed