Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2016, 20:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Upgraded Bridgestone B390 205/65/16 to Michelin Primacy SUV 215/65/16. Diameter variance is 1.93% I want the wheel well to look more filled up and also prefer additional sidewall height for the roads i drive on, thus opted for this size.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20160716_201045.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20160716_201130.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-variance.jpg

http://www.michelin.com.au/AU/en/tir...imacy-SUV.html

Some details reg this tyre, i wasn't able to find anything on Indian sites
http://autobuzz.my/2015/10/michelin-...rt-from-rm440/

Last edited by Sankar : 16th July 2016 at 20:37.
Sankar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 16:57   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Congrats on the upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Upgraded Bridgestone B390 205/65/16 to Michelin Primacy SUV 215/65/16. Diameter variance is 1.93% I want the wheel well to look more filled up and also prefer additional sidewall height for the roads i drive on, thus opted for this size.
Wow, that's a 2.6% higher diameter than even the ZX's 215/55 R17 size. Hows the clearance on full lock?

Never heard of the Primacy SUV before. Grey market? How much was the difference you paid?
Old 18th July 2016, 18:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats on the upgrade.

Wow, that's a 2.6% higher diameter than even the ZX's 215/55 R17 size. Hows the clearance on full lock?
No issues on full lock, it clears everything with gap to spare.

ZX's 215/55/17 tyre diameter is smaller than the stock GX or VX which comes with 205/65/16. Compared to stock tyre in my GX the variance is only 1.93%.

Quote:
Never heard of the Primacy SUV before. Grey market? How much was the difference you paid?
I havent heard about these tyres before, hope they serve well keeping in mind the fact that Michelin developed this for asiapacific region. I bought them from a Michelin dealer. Paid 31k after exchange.

Last edited by Sankar : 18th July 2016 at 18:56.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 20:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

I did a Tvm - Blore - Tvm drive this weekend in the van and the drive was awesome. The tyres are really good and offered great road grip with improved braking performance. I cannot comment on wet performance as the conditions were mostly dry during this trip. The tyre noise was very minimal, not enough to be noticed on Innova.

Last edited by Sankar : 3rd August 2016 at 20:45.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 15:27   #5
BHPian

Hello Sankar,

The upgrade looks nice on the Crysta If possible please do share some more pictures from other angles just to get a feel of how the vehicle looks with the wider tyres!!
Old 31st January 2017, 20:38   #6
BHPian

hi,
Nice upgrade there. What is the rim width of the stock 16 inch alloys?

Just wondering the maximum width of the tyres that can be used.

Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 05:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hello Sankar,

I am swapping tyres on the GX automatic today. I was thinking Michelin latitude.

How are these tyres fairing?

Benny
Old 22nd February 2017, 08:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Hello Sankar,

I am swapping tyres on the GX automatic today. I was thinking Michelin latitude.

How are these tyres fairing?

Benny
My tyres are Primacy SUV, not latitude and are excellent tyres, you will not be disappointed. As on date have driven 14000Km on these tyres and no complaints. Good ride, road holding, braking, no noise (so far), and no damages so far. Happy with them.
Old 13th June 2017, 07:21   #9
BHPian

Quote:
My tyres are Primacy SUV, not latitude and are excellent tyres, you will not be disappointed. As on date have driven 14000Km on these tyres and no complaints. Good ride, road holding, braking, no noise (so far), and no damages so far. Happy with them.
Hi,

How are the tyres doing??
I am planning to go for these tyres on my Endeavour in 265/60/R18. I feel that they will be much better than the stock MRF tyres in every aspect except off-roading as michelin as H/T and MRF wanderer are A/T tyres. I wanted to know how the michelin Primacy SUV tyres are faring on potholes, bad roads..etc.

I have used Michelin P3st and xm2 over last 5 years on different vehicles and completely satisfied with them.
Old 7th July 2017, 10:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Hi,

How are the tyres doing??
I am planning to go for these tyres on my Endeavour in 265/60/R18. I feel that they will be much better than the stock MRF tyres in every aspect except off-roading as michelin as H/T and MRF wanderer are A/T tyres. I wanted to know how the michelin Primacy SUV tyres are faring on potholes, bad roads..etc.

I have used Michelin P3st and xm2 over last 5 years on different vehicles and completely satisfied with them.
Tyres are doing great. Rides the same when they were new and right now completed 22300Kms with these on. Bad roads, potholes, no roads, high speeds, no noise - everything its taking in its stride. I have used XM2 before and now with the Primacy also I am a happy Michelin user. I'm now of the belief that with Michelin one can't go wrong, for the next change I might go for Michelin again
Old 16th July 2017, 20:14   #11
BHPian

Today is the anniversary day for this thread . Thanks Sankar, for valuable information on this thread

Quote:
Tyres are doing great. Rides the same when they were new and right now completed 22300Kms with these on. Bad roads, potholes, no roads, high speeds, no noise - everything its taking in its stride. I have used XM2 before and now with the Primacy also I am a happy Michelin user. I'm now of the belief that with Michelin one can't go wrong, for the next change I might go for Michelin again
Hi Sankar,
In 215/65/R16 size, I found only two varieties in Micheline (Primacy SUV and LXT Force). Is there any particular reason for you choosing Primacy? Why not LXT Force?

I want to upgrade the tyres immediately after the delivery, but have a small doubt whether the warranty of the vehicle may get effected (An error in speedometer may also lead to an error in odometer, over a period of time). Even though the error is negligible, the dealerships have a tendency to void warranty for silly things. Anyways, I am inclined towards up-sizing.

Last edited by vsun : 16th July 2017 at 20:16. Reason: typo error
Old 4th October 2017, 08:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

Upsized to 17" OE Crysta wheels and bought Michelin Primacy 3ST 225/55/17 tyres to suit them. This brings the tyre wheel circumference closer to the OE spec 205/65/16.

Crysta's 17" wheels are Enkei made and the 16" wheels did not have Enkei branding on it. I couldn't find any recognisable branding on it however it carried ICM and AXG, i don't know if this relates to any manufacturer.

Primacy SUV still have almost 50% tread life left in them. Odo now reads 28xxxKM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Today is the anniversary day for this thread . Thanks Sankar, for valuable information on this thread
Too bad i didn't see your post in time, but anyways i saw that you have updated in official review thread after upgrading to Primacy SUV. Good choice of tyres!

Last edited by Sankar : 4th October 2017 at 08:41.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 15:45   #13
BHPian

Quote:

Crysta's 17" wheels are Enkei made and the 16" wheels did not have Enkei branding on it. I couldn't find any recognisable branding on it however it carried ICM and AXG
Sankar, 16" wheels on my 2017 july crysta has enkei branding on inner side of spokes.
Old 4th October 2017, 16:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Sankar, 16" wheels on my 2017 july crysta has enkei branding on inner side of spokes.
In that case let me go home and recheck those 16" alloys. The 17" had Enkei on one of the spokes as you have said.
Old 4th October 2017, 19:40   #15
BHPian

Quote:
In that case let me go home and recheck those 16" alloys. The 17" had Enkei on one of the spokes as you have said.
I have some pics for your reference. Mine is a touring sport
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20171004_193735.jpg  

Vulken Auto is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks