Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2021, 18:18   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Why do the valves need replacement?
I have a first hand experience. Valves have a life as well after which their chances of failure increase.

Replacing the valves proactively during tire change is very cheap compared to replacement later on when they start failing one by one.

I have a 2010 Fiat Punto that came with GoodYear GT3 tyres. Stock set lasted 45k Kms and 2.5 years after which I put another set of GT3. I did not replace the valves at this point. At 90k kms (2016), I replaced tyres with GoodYear Assurance but made the mistake of not replacing the valves (Assuming if it aint broke dont fix it).

Two valves gave up in the next 2-3k Km one after the other and then I started replacing valves during every tyre change based on that experience.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 8th August 2021 at 18:18. Reason: Typo
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 18:59   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Forgive me for asking a very basic question.

Why do the valves need replacement?
The rubber around the base starts cracking after a few years in many. And more than cost, it is at worst a reliability threat and at the best, an inconvenience. So, in my opinion, if your valves are old, best to change when you change the tires.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 16:44   #63
BHPian

Hi All,
Previous generation Creta SX+ petrol MT. (OEM tyre Goodyear 205/65R 16). Looking to replace all 4. 90% city usage. I have two questions.

1. Does the new tyre have to be of the same spec ? I mean 205/65R 16.
2. Any recommendation? Is it worth going for Goodyear again?

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th August 2021, 17:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Hi All,
Previous generation Creta SX+ petrol MT. (OEM tyre Goodyear 205/65R 16). Looking to replace all 4. 90% city usage. I have two questions.

1. Does the new tire have to be of the same spec ? I mean 205/65R 16.
2. Any recommendations? Is it worth going for Goodyear again?

Thanks in advance.
My 2 cents based upon the experience I had with them:-

Pros:-
->Unconditional 2-year warranty( Retail Purchase). No questions asked replacement. Don't think any other manufacturer gives that. I have got 2 of my tires replaced(Tyre Bulge, Puncture on the edge where the sidewall meets the flat surface), and both times I got it replaced without much hassle.
->Relatively rugged than the premium ones, as in rubber is harder than others so can take more abuse. I have done 7200 Km (Bangalore to Punjab) which included good and bad roads and they performed well. Dint face any issues
->Relatively cheaper than premium brands.
->Availability is not an issue as against other brands.

Cons
->Tyre Noise is more compared to premium ones.
->1 of my tires went kaput in a span of 1.5 years of ownership. It was a Tyre Bulge( a known issue)
->My cousin has a tire shop and deals in all the brands and according to him, Goodyears are not known for longer shelf life. They are good for roughly 40K Kms after which you will feel like changing them so as compared to others they might run less.

My suggestion
->Since your usage is mostly in the city so definitely you can go for Goodyears UNLESS you are very particular about noise and comfort. For the price you pay for Goodyears, I would consider them a VFM.
->16 inches offer the best comfort and don't put undue stress on the suspension so I would recommend sticking to the 16 inches.
->Unless you are looking for the visual enhancement you can upsize it to 17 inches which looks cool but again that will be at the expense of stiffer ride quality and lesser side wall area.However, you get a better grip which in your case is not a deciding factor as it will be driven in the city
->If looks are the reason to upgrade better go for a new set of alloys while keeping the same profile tires.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 17:37   #65
BHPian

I am getting a new car MG Astor delivered today with Nov 2022 manufactured stock tyres of GY Triplemax in them? It is 8 months old tyre. Reading the reviews in the forum looks like they are good tyres. Should I use them or replace them with another set of tyres?
Old 28th September 2023, 22:32   #66
BHPian

My City came with stock 185/60 R15 GY Assurance triplemax3. In only 8000 kms, my front right tyre faced two punctures cause of tiny glass pieces. Very tiny. My rear right tyre got one due to a one inch nail and today morning, my rear left sidewall went bust because of driving in a slightly pebbled road. Never going with these noisy delicate snowflake tyres again. The breaking, wet grip and dry grip are amazing. Just the quality is awful. Bought the city for reliability. Buying the continentals now for the same.
Old 4th October 2023, 18:49   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghulsudheesh View Post
Our Distinguished BHPian, saket77's post gave me the confidence to go for the GY Assurance Triplemax and the pricing was very competitive. While most of the tyres I was looking for where priced between 4500-5500, the GY Assurance Triplemax was offered by Global Tyres, Palarivattom, Kochi
Hi Sudheesh, hows your experience with GoodYear TripleMax. Hows the economy and durability of the tyres? Any opinion of the dealer in Palarivattom?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 4th October 2023 at 19:11. Reason: Trimming quoted post; kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.

Most Viewed