Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2022, 18:05   #76
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta: Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I have been in this dilemma for a while now and listing down my observations on my tyre options for reference of other members. My car is a Hyundai Creta Petrol 1st Gen running 205/65/R16 tyres:

Figo (diesel): I was never a Bridgestone user due to the high price and then eventually tried Michelin XM1+ which kept me very happy and got discarded only after 70k kms. Loved them to bits, but when they got worn out, downgraded to Yoko Earth1 since I was planning to upgrade to a larger car. After running the Figo for 1 lakh kms, moved onto a slightly used Creta.

Options
1. Yokohama Earth 1 - Having used these before, these were the first option that sprung to mind. Advantages were that this is a made in India tyres and have a hard sidewall.
2. Yokohama BluEarth AE51 - recommended over the Earth 1 as they are more performance oriented and made in Philippines. Multiple members in Team Bhp are using them and are happy with the results
3. Pirelli P4ST - comparable to the Michelins and are soft compound.
4. Conti UC6 - highly recommended by dealers - Manu Pitstop, SLNP Pit stop and Tyre Empire (Brookefields). Had heard that most dealers are pushing for Conti but this turned out to be fairly unanimous in terms of recommendations.

For now, the final choice is between UC6 and AE51. not considering Michelins and Conti LX2 due to their pricing. Will mostly go for the UC6 as there are multiple threads praising these tyres and recommending the same. My only worry is with regards to the sidewall of the UC6, compared to the Yoko's. UC6 seems to better in every other regard, comapred to the AE51s.

Any inputs/recommendations from the members are welcome.
mail.jaiswal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 11:53   #77

Hey BHPians

Need help with tyre selection for my Creta 2016 (Pre Facelift Model)

I had upgraded the wheels and the tyres on the day of car delivery to Pirelli Cinturato P1 tyres and HR REDS Wheels( 225/55 R17)

While I am satisfied with the car grip, road feedback, braking aspects post the upgrade, it was when I had been in a Facelifted Creta 2018, that I realised the tyre sound that creeps in into My Creta is lot more

The facelifted one (running on stock R16 tyres) felt lot more silent inside.

Not sure if Hyundai has upgraded the noise insulation with the facelift, but post that drive in the facelifted one, a drive past 80-100 in my Creta seems unbearable and not right, both from wind and tyre noise, but majorly from tyre noise

Has anyone else observed this difference between the pre and post facelift Cretas?

Or is it due to my tyres?

In my tyre updgrade which is due soon (though the current tyres have run for only 35k kms in last five years, I see that the rubber has become hard) I want to be extra cautious and bring that cabin sound isolation back.

While I had been driving our Seltos GT everyday, I thought earlier that it is due to the genration change, the noise insulation would have been improved. But now that I had been in another facelifted creta of same gen, I badly want that noise insulation back

Please help
reddyboi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 13:59   #78
BHPian

Anybody upgraded their Creta 2020 tyres? Looking for recommendations to replace my stock JKs.
Old 2nd May 2023, 11:59   #79
BHPian

Looking to change my tires on my 2016 creta. This will be the third set and I'm planning to stick to the stock spec : 215/60/R17 by Bridgestone(Dueler). Is this still the best tires for the 2016 creta, or is there something better now?
Old 7th May 2023, 12:44   #80

try the Yokohama's, I shifted to 225/55/R17, impressive performance from a Japanese brand and a good competitor to Bridgestone.
Paul63 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 00:14   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I upgraded my Creta tyres from the stock Goodyear to AE51 GT and happy with it. The sound has reduced and the car is much more planted. Its only 2 months so hoping they stay the same for a long time.
Hi, how are the AE51 GT holding on? Please share your experience of the rides.
Old 5th June 2023, 10:40   #82

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2019 Creta with Goodyear stock tires of 215/60 R17 96H and have done 40K on Odo. I am looking for a change of them and my options are narrowed on Yoko Earth1, Blue Earth AE 50/51, and RV02's.

Any other options are also welcome.

Should I upgrade? Will it be worth the value?

I am looking for comfort, long life, good handling both on dry and wet, Braking, and less road noise as most (60 %) of the km on the Odo has been on the highways and will increase in future.

Your recommendations are solicited to come to a final decision. Please advice and suggest.

Thankyou.
Old 5th June 2023, 13:42   #83
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbee70 View Post
Hi, how are the AE51 GT holding on? Please share your experience of the rides.
They are doing good after 20K kms. I am fan of Yokos for that balance in cost and function. I feel Michelins are overpriced.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 06:37   #84
BHPian

I am looking to replace mine too - mine is a 2018 creta and I have done about 50k. My specs are similar to yours - I have shortlisted the Yoko blue earth and the Bridgestone dueler HP. Will choose one of these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbee70 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2019 Creta with Goodyear stock tires of 215/60 R17 96H and have done 40K on Odo. I am looking for a change of them and my options are narrowed on Yoko Earth1, Blue Earth AE 50/51, and RV02's.

Any other options are also welcome.

Should I upgrade? Will it be worth the value?

I am looking for comfort, long life, good handling both on dry and wet, Braking, and less road noise as most (60 %) of the km on the Odo has been on the highways and will increase in future.

Your recommendations are solicited to come to a final decision. Please advice and suggest.

Thankyou.
raghuveerk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 14:14   #85
BHPian

Want to replace Creta stock 16" steel rims with Alloys. Dealer says 17" alloys and R17 tyres. Or 18" with R18 lower profile tyres.

What's the advantage of bigger alloys when the overall wheel Dia will remain same?

Can't I replace with 16" alloys and keep the same tyres ?

Unless one wants tyre replacemtn anyway like for eg u want slightly wider tyres.
Old 30th July 2023, 13:19   #86
BHPian

Any review for Continental tyres on the Creta 2020 ?
Old 16th September 2023, 12:22   #87

Has anyone tried 215/70 R16 On their Creta?

I have a 2019 Creta CRDi with 16 Inch Steel Rims which is due for an upgrade.

I have ready most of the posts here where they prefer 215/65 or 225/ 60 Or 65.

However, I am wondering if 215/70 R16 will be a good fit and Idea on a steel rim to look for?

https://www.industrybuying.com/tyres...xoCkIwQAvD_BwE

Kindly Advice.
Old 5th December 2023, 07:39   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's what happened few days back. Too early to comment I guess so I will be updating my ownership thread by the end of the month. But road noise is considerably less when compared to Bridgestone Dueller HP.

Hyundai Creta: Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20231202_145959061.jpg

Hyundai Creta: Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20231202_150025309.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 16:57   #89
BHPian

Bumping up this thread to thank fellow bhpians who have generously shared tyre upgrade insights

Even before taking delivery of my Creta SXO IVT 1.5 AT yesterday, I communicated to the Sales Advisor and Accessories person to replace all stock JK tyres with Yokohoma Earth 1 225/60 r17 size tyres (3723 lot) at the dealership before delivery

I received an exchange value of Rs 3500 per tyre for the JK stock wheels

Next in line was to immediately ditch the steel rim spare with the r17 hyundai alloy wheel fitted with Yokohoma Earth 1

As I take my first ride home on a beautifully cushioned stable Creta, i can only thank our fellow bhpians on this thread again for their kind help
Old 18th March 2024, 22:12   #90
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting.. Need help from fellow members for tyre issue for my Creta (Apollo Alnac 4G)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5739531 (Hyundai Creta : Official Review)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks