Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2007, 16:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Well with use this crack will expand mroe until it becomes clearly visible even when there is no load on that side of the tyre. Try claiming the tyre udner warranty otherwise like advsied above get it repaired & use as a spare for occasional use.
Old 9th July 2007, 17:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

I am facing similar issue. I do not want to hijack this thread but didn't want to create separate thread for similar problem.

I recently went for wheel balancing and the guy told me that rear wheel has bulge on side wall and it is weakened. "Andar se maar lagi hai, saab". I was not impressed with the argument that it is case of tyre abuse, since it is rear wheel carrying much less load and relatively less used. There is minor indication of scratch (not deep) on one sidewall, but the bulge is on both sidewalls of the tyre.

I am inclined to take it up with Goodyear as case of manufacturing defect. What is advised? Can it be case of abuse? Do I stand any chance?

I do not want to replace tyres, since my car has already run 26K and the current set of tyres will last till 35K-40K. I don't want to have one new tyre when I am changing whole set.
Old 9th July 2007, 19:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

I had similar issue with Goodyear GT3 in my Innova early this year, they said its external damage and I can throw the tyre. I told them I prefer either throw on them itself or put it as stepney tyre thats what I did but I am worried if tyre pucture happens on highway although so far I faced minor pucture only once thats with goodyear GT3 in Innova.

What dealer told me is any tyre manufacturers won't replace for external damage and in most of the cases its external damage very less manufacturing defects which indicates we have bad roads in India or tyre manufacturer taking it as granted.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 7th October 2008, 12:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

I had a bad flat on rannibennur davengere stretch yesterday, a deep cut - seems to me that it cannot be repaired. The Good year NCT 5 is useless now. Planning to get a new one..Seems its costs 3700 all inclusive from the good year show room.

Also had another small cut on another tyre before a long time which I use as spare. Thay have put some black patch inside the tyre and put a tube inside. As you have discussed it shows a bulge outside. This I had to use from the place where the event occured till bangalore. Rughly 300km done on this tyre yesterday. At speeds above 90 there is a lot of vibration and the car is surely unstable. Seems to work as spare at low speeds.

Thinking of changing both tyres now.

Seems I have a very small hairline crack in the rim near the side. Any issue for tubeless? Should I replace rim? Costs roughly 7500 from Honda dealer.
Old 7th October 2008, 13:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

You mean a crack in an alloy rim? If yes, then please replace immediately.
Old 7th October 2008, 14:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yes, its an alloy wheel, and the outside of the rim i can see a very small hairline crack. I'll take it to the Honda show room / good year shop tomorrow.
Old 7th October 2008, 19:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

Just now replaced both the tyres and did the balancing for them. Costed 3300 Plus taxes for each tyres.

The crack in the rim does not allow the air to stay. Hence reused the tube for the time being. Have to give an order with the dealer for getting a new one - though the Goodyear show room guys say nothing will happen. I'll do that tomorrow.
Old 7th October 2008, 20:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
I was not impressed with the argument that it is case of tyre abuse, since it is rear wheel carrying much less load and relatively less used. There is minor indication of scratch (not deep) on one sidewall, but the bulge is on both sidewalls of the tyre
It's nothing to do with carrying load RX, In all probability you hit a pothole / bad patch and the sidewall construction (read ply turn-up) of the tyre has broken on the inside, hence the bulge. Even if there is a faint hint of damage around the area of the bulge the service engineer will be quick to point it out. For faster service you can call 1800-11-6767 or SMS GY to 56767
Attached Thumbnails
Sidewall cut on Good Year Eagle NCT 5-tirecutaway.jpg  

Old 7th October 2008, 20:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Get a new rim, do not compromise on that no matter what the tyrewala says. If you use the damaged rim regularly, chances of that gap widening & leading to a major failure are going to go up substantially.
Old 7th October 2008, 20:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Get a new rim, do not compromise on that no matter what the tyrewala says. If you use the damaged rim regularly, chances of that gap widening & leading to a major failure are going to go up substantially.
I will. Not in a mood to take any chances.
Old 8th October 2008, 20:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

What is the difference between Good Year Eagle NCT 5 195/65/R15 91H and Good Year Eagle NCT 5 195/65/R15 91V tyres?
Old 8th October 2008, 21:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

Speed Rating. H is rated till 210 kmph while V is till 240 kmph.
Old 8th October 2008, 21:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

the new ones are V and the old ones are H. Guess a mix is of no problem
Old 9th October 2008, 11:10   #29
BHPian

No problem technically and as far as tyre construction and compound is concerned.
Old 9th October 2008, 19:11   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
No problem technically and as far as tyre construction and compound is concerned.
Why the speed rating is diff. when pattern & size are same ?? I guess the manufacturing month or country of origin should be different. plz. clarify

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks