Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2017, 23:14   #1
BHPian

Maxxis Tyres: Mahindra Bolero

Hi everyone, need some help

My Mahindra Bolero DI came shod with Maxxis Bravo 751 tyres out of the factory. The specifictions are 215/75/R15. I initially wasn't very impressed by a relatively unknown brand such as Maxxis but what a set of tyres they have been

Currently at 51000 kilometres and not even a single puncture till date (touch wood). It has even survived a 5000 kilometre jaunt to UP when it was stolen by thieves. The thieves managed to topple the Bolero on its roof, and the car thereafter took a big heave to straighten out with all its weight landing on the wheels. A week later I drove it back to Ahmedabad without a front windscreen, operational front doors and some other odds and ends

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...covered-5.html

Back to the problem at hand- I am really tempted to go for the same tyres again but I can't find a retailer for Maxxis in Ahmedabad. I am not sure whether I should speak to someone in Mumbai at their Kandivali factory to maybe save a set of those tyres for me which I can drive over and buy. I am also open to any other alternate suggestions for sourcing these same specifications of tyres by Maxxis. Please help!

Last edited by rahul4321 : 2nd April 2017 at 23:20.
Old 3rd April 2017, 00:41   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maxxis Tyres: Mahindra Bolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Hi everyone, need some help

My Mahindra Bolero DI came shod with Maxxis Bravo 751 tyres out of the factory. The specifictions are 215/75/R15. I initially wasn't very impressed by a relatively unknown brand such as Maxxis but what a set of tyres they have been

Currently at 51000 kilometres and not even a single puncture till date (touch wood). It has even survived a 5000 kilometre jaunt to UP when it was stolen by thieves. The thieves managed to topple the Bolero on its roof, and the car thereafter took a big heave to straighten out with all its weight landing on the wheels. A week later I drove it back to Ahmedabad without a front windscreen, operational front doors and some other odds and ends

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...covered-5.html

Back to the problem at hand- I am really tempted to go for the same tyres again but I can't find a retailer for Maxxis in Ahmedabad. I am not sure whether I should speak to someone in Mumbai at their Kandivali factory to maybe save a set of those tyres for me which I can drive over and buy. I am also open to any other alternate suggestions for sourcing these same specifications of tyres by Maxxis. Please help!
Even I was quite happy with Maxxis tyres that came with my Bolero. They lasted 45000 Kms and they were used on all kinds of terrains from Kashmir to Kerala. But whe the need came to change the tyres I opted for another brand due to several reasons -
1. Maxxis dealer was not available in Kolkata
2. I wanted to go for wider and higher profile tyresto increase the diameter as the ground clearance of the stock Bolero at 180 mm felt quite less.
3. Michelin LTX AT had great feedback from people, much better than Maxxis Bravo 751

So I opted for the LTX AT 235/75/R15 and they are simply superb tyres. Even after 36000 kilometers there is more than 50 percent tread left. I would suggest to go for Michelins. Bhpian PointZero has fitted fitted Michelin LTX AT2 235/70/R16 in his Bolero and is very happy with them. But for that you will have to change the rims to 16 inches.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 3rd April 2017 at 00:43.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 07:37   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Hi am also open to any other alternate suggestions for sourcing these same specifications of tyres by Maxxis. Please help!
Try 255x70x15 cross contact AT from continental. Very aggressive pattern and broad tyres. I just fitted the same in my Thar CRDe.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd April 2017 at 11:17. Reason: Poorly typed post
Rajith is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd April 2017, 08:53   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Back to the problem at hand- I am really tempted to go for the same tyres again but I can't find a retailer for Maxxis in Ahmedabad....
If you really want those tyres, PM me, I'll put you through.

Alternatively you can try the Yoko Geolander AT's too. Great tyres.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:25   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
So I opted for the LTX AT 235/75/R15 and they are simply superb tyres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Alternatively you can try the Yoko Geolander AT's too. Great tyres.
to both these recommendations. The last tyres on my Jeep were Michelin LTX's, while the current is Geolandar. Equally happy with both.

Quote:
If you really want those tyres, PM me, I'll put you through.
Please share details here on the thread itself; a PM helps one person, but a public post helps thousands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Try 255x70x15 cross contact AT from continental.
Overkill for a Bolero DI. They are too fat for the limited power on tap. Will cost a lot more, slow the vehicle down & affect fuel efficiency. Only advantage will be in the aesthetics department.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 15:55   #6
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure whether I should speak to someone in Mumbai at their Kandivali factory
Maxxis has a factory here ? Maybe you could drop a line at info@maxxisindia.com and someone could put you through the nearest dealer. Alternatively you could even pick it up on snapdeal .
I don't think shiping to Ahmedabad would be an issue.
Old 4th April 2017, 16:14   #7
BHPian

The 215/75/R15 Apollo Amazers which came with my Bolero SLE lasted 70k. But i'm a sedate driver. Now i'm on MRF Wanderers. 38k done now. Stuck to the original size.
Old 5th January 2018, 12:14   #8
BHPian

Hello,

I require a set of Maxxis MA-1 tyres; size P185/80R13 90S. These have a thin white wall. I sent an e-mail to Maxxis India some weeks back but got no reply.

If anyone can point me out to a shop where these tyres may be available please let me know.

Many thanks,

Prithvi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks