Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2022, 17:57   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Michelin LTX Force SUV tyres launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
Is the extra 10mm upsize alright?
that should be fine. 10mm over stock 265 is only a 3% increase in width.
Old 21st February 2022, 23:07   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
Folks, what’s the difference between Michelin LTX Force and LTX Trail?
According to my research, the LTX trail is a tyre which has been released for the south east asian market. It's been marketed as a 60% On road and 40% off road tyre, reminiscent of the Michelin Latitude Cross. IMHO, being a fellow fortuner owner, go for the LTX trail in the stock size. I've always been against upsizing plus the LTX force is an old product now. You can't go wrong with the LTX trail.
Old 27th August 2022, 20:09   #33
BHPian

In 2020, I had fitted 215/65 R16 Michelin LTX Force on my Innova crysta. Then this size was available freely. Due to pandemic, india stopped importing tyres and especially Michelin became unavailable anywhere in india. Now that pandemic is more or less gone, imports have come back. But yet I am unable to find Michelin LTX force or Michelin LTX trail in the size 215/65 R16 these days. Dealers that I know are selling bigger size LTX tyres . Any idea of any (bangalore) dealer selling this size ?
Old 29th August 2022, 23:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK2001 View Post
According to my research, the LTX trail is a tyre which has been released for the south east asian market. It's been marketed as a 60% On road and 40% off road tyre, reminiscent of the Michelin Latitude Cross. IMHO, being a fellow fortuner owner, go for the LTX trail in the stock size. I've always been against upsizing plus the LTX force is an old product now. You can't go wrong with the LTX trail.
anyone got real world experience and usage differences between LTX Force (upsize 275/65/17) and LTX Trail (stock 265/65/17) for Fortuner?
btw, the few reviews on Michelin India website speaks of high noise of LTX Trail.
Yday I had a quick glance at Trail in a shop - they looked awesome.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th August 2022 at 17:47. Reason: Edited
Old 29th August 2022, 23:59   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
In 2020, I had fitted 215/65 R16 Michelin LTX Force on my Innova crysta. Then this size was available freely. Due to pandemic, india stopped importing tyres and especially Michelin became unavailable anywhere in india. Now that pandemic is more or less gone, imports have come back. But yet I am unable to find Michelin LTX force or Michelin LTX trail in the size 215/65 R16 these days. Dealers that I know are selling bigger size LTX tyres . Any idea of any (bangalore) dealer selling this size ?
Tyre Empire, HSR had LTX in this size 4 months ago when I went to change my tyres. Michelin and Conti CC LX2 were costing almost the same for 215/65 r16 size.

Most Viewed