Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2023, 19:34   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!

I'm also seeing similar cracks on my 225/50/17 Michelin PS4 on V40. The tyres have barely done 22-23000 km and have a significant amount of tread left. Looking to get something else this time.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 9th February 2023 at 19:41.
Old 9th February 2023, 22:53   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I'm also seeing similar cracks on my 225/50/17 Michelin PS4 on V40. The tyres have barely done 22-23000 km and have a significant amount of tread left. Looking to get something else this time.
I have had similar experience with PS3.

Try Verdistin Ultrac. They are great tyres too. I am using them on my X1.
Old 9th February 2023, 23:00   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Almost looks like someone has rubbed some acid-type material on your tyre sidewall. There have been complaints about PS3 tread/sidewall edge cracking but that was due to prolonged unuse + sunlight during C-19 times.

This is a new one!
I always use 3M tyre polish. And all my cars are parked, locked on my premises. So, someone cannot rub something on to side wall.
This is purely a manufacturing defect.
Old 10th February 2023, 22:59   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4X4 View Post
Does anyone know what's happening to these Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres?
This is typical problem with Michelin tyres. Facing same issue with Michelin XM2 on my VW Vento TDi.

After 2-3 years, Michelin tyres start to crack and top surface become brittle. Is it due to India's hot weather or not; don't know.

That is why moved over to Yokohama Earth1.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 20:07   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
This is typical problem with Michelin tyres. Facing same issue with Michelin XM2 on my VW Vento TDi.

After 2-3 years, Michelin tyres start to crack and top surface become brittle. Is it due to India's hot weather or not; don't know.

That is why moved over to Yokohama Earth1.
Have you filed a complaint with Michelin?
Old 11th February 2023, 22:57   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4X4 View Post
Have you filed a complaint with Michelin?
No as they are beyond standard warranty period of 3 years.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 15:54   #127
BHPian

I've been running PS4s on my 320d for around 20,000km and loved the ride. They seem to be in short supply right now. No availability for a few months. What would be the next best alternative? I've considered the continentals can't for the life of my remember what the right one is called because their tyre names are so weird. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 8th August 2023, 16:38   #128
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebanaff View Post
I've been running PS4s on my 320d for around 20,000km and loved the ride. They seem to be in short supply right now. No availability for a few months. What would be the next best alternative? I've considered the continentals can't for the life of my remember what the right one is called because their tyre names are so weird. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
You could try Conti UC6 or MRF Perfinza or the new Vredesteins. You can ofherwise consider Yokohamas or Michelins imported from Thailand. But these will cost a lot.
Old 8th August 2023, 16:47   #129
BHPian

Please dont get the primacy's. Please go with the Perfinza's or Vredesteins! I recently got myself a set of P4st's for my x1 Msport, compared to the PS4's on my Jetta and the Vredesteins on my friends Jetta, the P4st's failed to prove their mettle during very wet conditions. The Primacy is no where close to the PS's IMO!

Quote:
Old 8th August 2023, 17:47   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Please dont get the primacy's. Please go with the Perfinza's or Vredesteins! I recently got myself a set of P4st's for my x1 Msport, compared to the PS4's on my Jetta and the Vredesteins on my friends Jetta, the P4st's failed to prove their mettle during very wet conditions. The Primacy is no where close to the PS's IMO!
Yeah Primacys are a definite no-no. I was offered Continental UC6s by one dealer as an alternative, but I think that's a category step down from the PS4s

ContiSport Contact 5 is what I think I'm looking for. Although I've read somrwhere that this was succeeded by Premium Contact 6 (see what I mean about their names being confusing!) Contact 5 is what Continentals website recommends for my car.

Hopefully one of those two is available in India. The PS4s have really spoilt me.
Old 8th August 2023, 17:49   #131
BHPian

Quote:
From the research I’ve done regarding Vredestein ultrac Vorti vs Michellin Pilot sport 4 it says that the Michelins are supposed to have superior wet grip and handling. The michellin pilot sport 4’s on my bmw are excellent but are sadly unavailable for the size I’m looking for (205/55/R16) my verna. The only PS4’s I can find are manufactured in 2021 and I am steering clear from those.
What’s your take on the vredestein’s specifically related to wet handling and braking ? Are they worth it ? Also, what’s your take on the comfort of them ?
I’ve also been told that Continental UC6 is an option but I’m genuinely confused at this point.
Old 8th August 2023, 18:34   #132
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
The PS4s have really spoilt me.
The Michelin PS4 is really top class. I have had them on since 2020. Mine are about reaching their apex. Another year or so I think I will be able to use them. Great tyres, no two ways about it. Sadly the size I need, 205/55/16 is no longer being imported by Michelin India. There is no worthy alternative other than MRF Perfinza and Now Vredestein. But I don’t know enough about Vredestein in our real life daily drive and weather conditions.
Attached Thumbnails
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-img_8367.jpeg  

Old 8th August 2023, 19:02   #133
BHPian

I haven't heard anything negative about the vred's. The Jetta behaved very well with them. Also, the superbike community have been raving about the tyres and recently I rode a cbr650 with vred's and it was amazing.
Chethan Bg has also installed the Ultrac Vorti on his X1 and he had good things to say about it. So I am assuming they should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost131100 View Post
From the research I’ve done regarding Vredestein ultrac Vorti vs Michellin Pilot sport 4 it says that the Michelins are supposed to have superior wet grip and handling. The michellin pilot sport 4’s on my bmw are excellent but are sadly unavailable for the size I’m looking for (205/55/R16) my verna. The only PS4’s I can find are manufactured in 2021 and I am steering clear from those.
What’s your take on the vredestein’s specifically related to wet handling and braking ? Are they worth it ? Also, what’s your take on the comfort of them ?
I’ve also been told that Continental UC6 is an option but I’m genuinely confused at this point.
Old 8th August 2023, 20:15   #134
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't heard anything negative about the vred's. The Jetta behaved very well with them. Also, the superbike community have been raving about the tyres and recently I rode a cbr650 with vred's and it was amazing.
Chethan Bg has also installed the Ultrac Vorti on his X1 and he had good things to say about it. So I am assuming they should be good.
When I called my local tyre shop up, they said that the Yokohama Blue Earth GT were also supposed to be good. I’m not sure about them because I’ve not heard anything great about them. The man said they’re supposed to be at par with PS4’s but I genuinely doubt that claim.
I’ll check out the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti again. Most probably I’ll be putting those given that my options are very limited.
Currently I’m running Earth-1’s. Their grip and durability aren’t bad but they have absolutely no comfort whatsoever.
Old 9th August 2023, 08:45   #135
BHPian

Stay absolutely away from anything that mentions "Earth" from yokohama! They are tyres that have only 1 good thing in them. They are exceptionally silent tyres when new! Once the top layer is gone, they are super noisy. Also, they do not have any lateral wet grip (at least on the roads down south). Forget PS4 they are not even close to Apollo Alanac 4g's. I had installed them on my stock ohc vtec, took them off in 2 days and switched to S-drive's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost131100 View Post
When I called my local tyre shop up, they said that the Yokohama Blue Earth GT were also supposed to be good. I’m not sure about them because I’ve not heard anything great about them. The man said they’re supposed to be at par with PS4’s but I genuinely doubt that claim.
I’ll check out the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti again. Most probably I’ll be putting those given that my options are very limited.
Currently I’m running Earth-1’s. Their grip and durability aren’t bad but they have absolutely no comfort whatsoever.

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 9th August 2023 at 08:46.
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks