Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2023, 08:58   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!

My Volvo required new tyres in april. Unfortunately could not get Michelins nor Vredesteins in 225/50/17. Only options were pirelli and good year. Ended up putting Pirellis and they are utter rubbish. Noisy, hard and absolutely not fun. They are a massive downgrade over PS4.

Please stay clear of Pirelli P6/P7.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 14:29   #137
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
My Volvo required new tyres in april. Unfortunately could not get Michelins nor Vredesteins in 225/50/17. Only options were pirelli and good year. Ended up putting Pirellis and they are utter rubbish. Noisy, hard and absolutely not fun. They are a massive downgrade over PS4.

Please stay clear of Pirelli P6/P7.
How sad it is that such an once-mighty brand like Pirelli seems to have fallen so low.
Is it because the compounds used in these brands’ Made in India tyres is somehow harder and less pliant?
And is this (if true) because it has to last longer here because it is used in harsh operating conditions all the time?
Old 10th August 2023, 11:36   #138
BHPian

So I went and had my tyres checked and 22,000km in the PS4s had developed cracks and needed to urgently be changed. Decided to go with Continental ContiSport Contact 5s, since they seemed to be the closest to PS4s in most tyre tests. Initial impression is that the ride feels very good in the city (also probably because I'm going from a fully worn set to brand new tyres). Have Bombay-Goa-Bangalore drive coming up. Will update after that, with comparisons to the PS4s
Old 13th August 2023, 23:00   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Stay absolutely away from anything that mentions "Earth" from yokohama! They are tyres that have only 1 good thing in them. They are exceptionally silent tyres when new! Once the top layer is gone, they are super noisy. Also, they do not have any lateral wet grip (at least on the roads down south). Forget PS4 they are not even close to Apollo Alanac 4g's. I had installed them on my stock ohc vtec, took them off in 2 days and switched to S-drive's!
So a little update to what happened,
I put the Vredestein ultrac Vorti ( 205/55/R16 ) and I have to say they’re quite good. The comfort over the Earth-1’s are immediately noticeable, they grip well on dry roads, braking time seems better. I did face an issue of them slipping initially on semi wet roads but that seems to have stopped after driving about 60km. The tyres seem quieter than the Yokos.

The strange thing I found out was that my yokos still had about 5mm and 4mm of tread left of them but were still slipping. Maybe the tyres may have gotten harder given that they were 4 years old or maybe the quality wasn’t up to mark. Either ways, those yokos now are done and dusted.
Ghost131100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 21:49   #140
dmv
BHPian

I'm replacing continental SC5 on my A4.
How's the road noise and ride comfort with the PS4 ? Some online reviews mentioned the ride is a bit stiff. Other option I'm considering is the Vredestein ultrac vorti, but very few reviews in India. Does anyone know if the vredestein's are better than the PS4 for comfort/noise ? Thanks !
Old 25th December 2023, 07:36   #141
BANNED

As a snippet of information, I hear from my local Tyre Empire folks that Michelin Tyres Supply (across Sizes and Aspect Ratios and sub brands) are likely to resume by Jan 2024.
Let us wait and watch.
Old 22nd February 2024, 08:12   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked up a Pilot Sport 4 in 225/50/17 for a very reasonable 13.3K last week.
Manufacturing was 3423 and the usual Thailand origin.

One thing about Michelin is that they consistently excel in the looks department too. That sidewall finish with mixed graphics and logo etc. looks fabulous.
Attached Thumbnails
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-img_0716.jpeg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 22nd February 2024 at 08:18.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 08:32   #143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
One thing about Michelin is that they consistently excel in the looks department too. That sidewall finish with mixed graphics and logo etc. looks fabulous.
Indeed Michelin tyres sidewalls are superbly attractive. Their designers are tops!
Attached Thumbnails
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-img_4786.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 12:14   #144
BHPian

Upgraded to 17"s and after a lot of contemplation and research I decided to go with 205/50 R17 Michelin PS4s. They are 0322 manufactured, so I got the set at a discounted price of 9k/tyre. Initial impressions are amazing as always with brand new tyres, feels like I've changed my suspension as a lot of noise has disappeared. I just hope they last long.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-img_5091.jpg

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-img_5090.jpg

Last edited by graaja : 3rd April 2024 at 06:35. Reason: Removing the line about having CCP. What is CCP?
RunSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 07:44   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunSam View Post
They are 0322 manufactured, so I got the set at a discounted price of 9k/tyre.
You may have your own reasons but why pick up Jan’22 tyres in Apr’24? Hope they were properly stored and still ‘supple’ to the touch?
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 14:24   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
You may have your own reasons but why pick up Jan’22 tyres in Apr’24? Hope they were properly stored and still ‘supple’ to the touch?
All the Michelin stock available was from '22, also I read on the Michelin website and other forums that if the tyres are stored properly, they should be fine, and not cross the 5 year mark. '23 Continental's were available, but I read a lot of reviews on how loud they sound when they get hard. My old Michelins were pretty quiet despite having cracks and were nearing the 7 year mark

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks