Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2017, 18:28   #31
bhp
BHPian

Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolimuttai View Post
Thanks for the advices in this thread. Got my X1 new sets of shoes. PS4 225/50 R17 98Y here at Chennai, BM lal.

Just drove 30kms. Silent for sure, but road feel is less than the RFTs - Goodyear.

I am running 33 psi front and 36 psi rear.

is this ok?
I would recommend 30psi all around.
Old 5th October 2017, 18:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
I would recommend 30psi all around.
But the recommended is 2.2 front and 2.6 rear kpa. Worked well for good speeds on good roads on the RFT.
Old 5th October 2017, 18:55   #33
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolimuttai View Post
But the recommended is 2.2 front and 2.6 rear kpa. Worked well for good speeds on good roads on the RFT.
It is the recommended pressure by BMW but i feel its very high for not so good road conditions.
Been using 30psi on the X1 and the 320D since last 5 years on all kinds of roads without an issue.
bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 21:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
It is the recommended pressure by BMW but i feel its very high for not so good road conditions.
Been using 30psi on the X1 and the 320D since last 5 years on all kinds of roads without an issue.
30 psi on RFTs or Tubeless?
Old 12th February 2018, 21:50   #35
BHPian

An update. I went with PS4s.

First of all absolutely silent. Great grips. I found on long distance drives and to maintain good corner speeds, I had to set 33 front and 34 rear or all the wheels 34 to match 90% RFT cornering feel.

Good tyre I must say. Oh what a piece of mind.
kolimuttai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 09:39   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Hanging on with a lot of hope that Michelin India will launch the PS4 in 205/55/16 in addition to the current 205/50/16. If they can launch the 'Asian-ized' version in the latter size, then why not the former :-(

Purely commercial call I think as the P3ST is selling well in the 55/16 size, and they don't want to cannibalize that market. But I would like to buy the BEST tyre for my Octavia TSI, and would of course prefer the big daddy PS4 in the OEM size.

Even an upsize is not ideal as the only tyres available is the Pilot Sport 3 in 225/50/R16. These are now mostly 2015 stock, and could be very difficult to source (say for single replacement etc.) a couple of years down the line.

Since PS3 is being phased out, what are the chances of PS4 launching with 225/50/16. Would go for that then!

Last edited by itwasntme : 8th May 2018 at 09:48.
Old 17th May 2018, 14:46   #37
BHPian

My june 2016 fiat avventura emotion has covered 45k km till date .The OEM goodyear 205/55/r16 has recently troubling with multiple punctures and need replacement .Please,suggest suitable replacement as soon as possible
Old 17th May 2018, 15:15   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
My june 2016 fiat avventura emotion has covered 45k km till date .The OEM goodyear 205/55/r16 has recently troubling with multiple punctures and need replacement .Please,suggest suitable replacement as soon as possible
Loads of choice! http://www.changemytyre.com/tyres/ca...pincode=560001

Michelin P3ST
Continental MC5
Continental CPC2
etc etc.

P3ST highly recommended by all!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 16:02   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Loads of choice! http://www.changemytyre.com/tyres/ca...pincode=560001

Michelin P3ST
Continental MC5
Continental CPC2
etc etc.

P3ST highly recommended by all!
Thanx a lot for your suggestion .Would it be advisable to go for upgrade from 205/55/16 to 205/60/16.What changes would unfold post the change in ride ,handling and steering control
regards
praveen
Old 9th June 2018, 20:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
Thanx a lot for your suggestion .Would it be advisable to go for upgrade from 205/55/16 to 205/60/16.What changes would unfold post the change in ride ,handling and steering control
regards
praveen
It's a 3.1% increase. Generally not recommended. Side wall height increases by 10.25 mm. Comfort will increase. Cornering will slightly be less sharper. Steering responsiveness also may slightly reduce.
Old 9th July 2018, 16:43   #41
BHPian

I am considering the Pilot Sport as a replacement for my Ecosport stock rubber. The vehicle was delivered with 205X50 R17 Bridgestone Ecopia. I am planning to upgrade to 215X50 R17 Pilot Sport. Wanted to know how much of a difference would the Michelins make. Also the Ecopia has weak sidewalls which concern me, so would the Pilot Sport be better. I have had two incidents of sidewall damage to the Ecopia and given my driving is largely on highways I don't want to chance my luck!!

Additionally, I have the option for going with 215X55 R17 Michelin Primacy 3ST, however the odo error would be higher. Which would be a better option.Any other brand the experts would suggest.

I used two sets of Michelin XM+ on my earlier vehicle Ritz with a combined 1,00,000kms driven. The experience with the XMs was great and hence I preferably want to go back to Michelin.
Old 15th July 2018, 10:15   #42
BHPian

I am planning to upgrade to 16" alloys for my Vento and am keen on getting 205/50r16 PS 4.
I'm finding it hard to source these in Bangalore. I went to Tyre Empire (HSR layout), he quoted Rs.9.9k for one tyre when the official website quotes it for Rs.8.5k. On showing him the quote on website he mentioned these are PS 4 "ST" , where ST stands for made for India and hence the additional cost. Is this really the case? What is the suffix " ST" since it's not mentioned on their official website.
I called my regular tyre dealer Premji (Mahim, Mumbai) and he quoted exactly the same price mentioned on the website. So I wrote off the Tyre Empire guy for misleading me.
Any help in sourcing them in Bangalore would be appreciated. Thanks.
Blackbolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 16:57   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbolt View Post
I am planning to upgrade to 16" alloys for my Vento and am keen on getting 205/50r16 PS 4.
I'm finding it hard to source these in Bangalore. I went to Tyre Empire (HSR layout), he quoted Rs.9.9k for one tyre when the official website quotes it for Rs.8.5k. On showing him the quote on website he mentioned these are PS 4 "ST" , where ST stands for made for India and hence the additional cost. Is this really the case? What is the suffix " ST" since it's not mentioned on their official website.
I called my regular tyre dealer Premji (Mahim, Mumbai) and he quoted exactly the same price mentioned on the website. So I wrote off the Tyre Empire guy for misleading me.
Any help in sourcing them in Bangalore would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sorry to hear that. That is totally wrong information given to you. Michelin's website is quite well updated. The prices and model information is accurate.

These tyres are easily available actually. Check with other dealers through the Michelin website maybe?
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 10:51   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Time Michelin launched the PS4 in 225/50 & 225/55 in 16s. The former size is not available apart from a few 2015 tyres lying in the factory.

Still holding on from changing my OEM Goodyears now at 34k km.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 22:03   #45
BHPian

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
These tyres are easily available actually. Check with other dealers through the Michelin website maybe?

After confronting Tyre Empire guy about the price and his bull about ST suffix, it took a different turn. In short he mentioned that there are 4 tyres in Karnataka and he is blocked them telling me that others who are offering the Tyre do not have them in stock.

Next steps I call Michelin helpline spoke to the customer service agent who confirmed that the tyres were in stock. Took the number of regional manager for supplies Mr.Rajat and tried to reach out to him but wasn't able to get through. So called a Tyre chain SNLP Pitstop (JP Nagar). Spoke to Manjunath on call. he mentioned that he will find out about the tyres and they are not fast moving hence doesn't have it in stock. Reached his workplace and narrated my story. He was very helpful and transparent, showed me the booking mechanism on the Michelin app kinda interface for all dealers. I could also see that there were only 4 tyres available in stock! So they are not easily available for sure. Checked the DOT 1218 ( March 2018) was super happy. Now to get the tyres out. Manjunath used his connections, he also couldn't get through Rajat but knew his way around. Got the tyres the same day! Also, sourced MOMO Massimo 16" alloys from him.

I finally got what I was looking for! Driving down to Mumbai following weekend! Here is the final result! Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532449890.096950.jpgMichelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532449929.896516.jpg

Last edited by Blackbolt : 24th July 2018 at 22:06.
Blackbolt is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks