Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 21:50   #16
BHPian

Re: 3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread

Hello all,

I have changed the tyres from mrf to michelin primacy SUV in stock size at 70,000 kms. As of today I have done approximately 30,000 km on the new tyres and i am extremely happy with the same. The ride is marginally better than the MRF's. However the major difference is in the road noise, Michelins are much more silent. I would advise anyone who is taking a new endeavour to change the tyres to michelin immediately as they are definitely superior compared to MRF.

PS: I haven't off-roaded with neither michelins nor MRF.
harsha.muvva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 15:25   #17
BHPian

hi, i have a query.
i plan to Upgrade 2019 Endeavour's tyres to 285/60 R18, most probably to Geolanders. Does anyone here have any experience with that size?
i wish to know if they will touch the fender/ sidewall or tie rod under any duress? Thanks in Advance.
Old 13th June 2019, 17:51   #18
BHPian

Hi all! I took delivery of a 3.2 4x4 Endeavour yesterday. Right after leaving the showroom i went and changed the tyres to Falken Wildpeak AT3WA. They have good reviews online.

I kept the size stock so not to change the ride and handling characteristics of the vehicle. I may upgrade the size to 275 once this set is done with.

The cost quoted was INR 11,000 each per tyre and the MRF was taken at INR 7,250 each.

In all it cost me 15,000/- for a set of 4.

I will update the results of this change when some decent miles have been munched.
Attached Thumbnails
3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-screenshot_20190613174952_gallery.jpg  

3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-screenshot_20190613174855_gallery.jpg  

3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-screenshot_20190613174818_gallery.jpg  

3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-screenshot_20190613174934_gallery.jpg  

3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-screenshot_20190613174913_gallery.jpg  

Last edited by Manuuj : 13th June 2019 at 17:55.
Manuuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 10:09   #19

I am taking delivery of an Endeavour next week. There have been conflicting views on OEM MRF tyres regarding its performance and durability. The test drive car felt “ okay” to me as far as dry and wet road grip was concerned, but since I am not familiar with the capability of Endeavour would love to hear from experienced users.

I would like know how they fare on our potholed monsoon roads regarding side wall failures and grip on dirty Tarmac

My use will be 95% road and the off road will be limited mainly mud roads, suggestions of suitable tyres are also requested.
Old 24th September 2019, 18:46   #20
BHPian

My 2016 Endy's OEM MRF got a sidewall damage beyond patch yesterday.

3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-2whatsapp-image-20190924-11.21.53-am.jpeg

3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-1whatsapp-image-20190924-11.21.53-am.jpeg

Now looking for a replacement.

Options based on my shortlist and availability in Chennai were,

1) Yokohama Geolander 275/60/R18 - abt Rs 17000 (Anand Tyres, Chennai)

2) Michelin Primacy SUV 265/60/R18 - abt Rs 16,500 (Sources in Coimbatore)

3) Continental ContiCrossContact™ LX 2 265/60/R18 - abt 14,500 (MRL Tyres, Chennai)

My usage would be primarily City + highway use. Once in a while there could a dip in the slush/off road.

Conti seems a good deal at 14.5K.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks,
Old 24th September 2019, 19:25   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
1) Yokohama Geolander 275/60/R18 - abt Rs 17000 (Anand Tyres, Chennai)

2) Michelin Primacy SUV 265/60/R18 - abt Rs 16,500 (Sources in Coimbatore)

3) Continental ContiCrossContact™ LX 2 265/60/R18 - abt 14,500 (MRL Tyres, Chennai)

My usage would be primarily City + highway use. Once in a while there could a dip in the slush/off road.

Conti seems a good deal at 14.5K.

What are your suggestions?
I am only going to comment on the prices. I recently bought 4 new Yokohama Geolandar G015 tyres for my 3.2 Endeavour. Size 285/60 R18. I paid Rs.16100 per tyre including new valves, wheel balancing, all taxes and proper bill. I bought them from Kochi because they were quoting close to18000 for the same tyres in Coimbatore.

Michelin tyre quote seems fair enough and I also got similar quotes from various shops in Coimbatore and Kochi.

Conti Cross Contact 265/60 is available for 13100 here in Coimbatore.

Prices in Chennai and Coimbatore should be more or less similar.

So please recheck your quotes.

I went with Yokohama because they seemed to be the best VFM AT tyres if you want to upsize. I am quite happy with the new tyres.

Bhpian @krishsreedharan recently bought a set of Pirelli Scorpion ATR in the stock size here in Coimbatore and he too has done some research on the tyres. You can check the Endeavour review thread or PM him for more details.
SCORPION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 12:53   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
My 2016 Endy's OEM MRF got a sidewall damage beyond patch yesterday.
Hi
which tyres have you gone in for? I am changing the oem MRF to Conticross LX2 of same size. Will let you know in a weeks time my initial opinion of them.

Last edited by navin : 1st October 2019 at 16:11. Reason: entire post quoted
Old 8th October 2019, 13:38   #23

Hi,
I have driven the Endeavour with the OEM tyres for about 600km and found them to be bit skittish on wet tarmac. They seems to be having a tendency to aquaplane when you drop the wheels onto water logged sides of the road. So when a opportunity to exchange them came up with my tyre guy decided to part with them. My use being mainly on highways decided to go in for a touring tyre and hence the Continental LX2 of the stock size 265/60R18..

Had a weekend drive to Manipal and back home with them and would like to share the early opinion on them

1. A tourer tyre for sure, good on wet and dry Tarmac. Handled our potholed Kasargod - Mangalore stretch with ease, the side walls are stiff enough to take the beating without much care from the driver. I am careful with sharp edged potholes!
2. Quiet but not as quiet as Michelin. The road markers will wake you up for sure. My experience with Conti MC5 on car is also same and they do get louder when you have reached 2/3 of the wear.
3. Detour of the tarmac onto dirt roads and grass seems to be handled well. Mud over hard surface is also taken care of. But deeper mud will sure get you into trouble, the grooves do get filled up and they do not drop out like better AT tyres, you end up with a slick tyre !
4. Fuel efficiency I cannot say, retuned an overall of 8.7 km/l for the trip.
anilnediyara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 20:10   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Hello All,

Got my 3.2, 4 Wheel drive beast at home yesterday.
Got a huge discount deal (which I am advised not to post on public forum) on on-road price + accessories worth 25K

The beast has 8th Nov 2019 birthdate.
Looking at this thread- 3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread - I called my trusted tyre dealer (Bhushan from) Lokmanya Tyres, Pune for his ever reliable advice. He strongly suggested me not to change the stock tyres as one tend to loose more than gain out of it. He also said the MRF Wanderer stock tyres are strong enough and the reported cases of sidewall damage will happen no matter which tyre lands in that specific condition. He just advised to maintain the optimal pressure and drive carefully (even if it is SUV doesn't mean we should be reckless and ignore road conditions). He said the Michelins are better in ride comfort but thats very little difference, not even worth to make the trade offs. Strength wise they are same with 19-20 difference.

Lastly, asked me not to change stock specifications by upsizing and down sizing.

Hope that helps.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 16:10   #25

Covered 6000km on LX2, pretty good Tarmac tourer that can be used over dry mud or sand roads. Traction is good even on wet grass. It’s biggest limitation is in mud, the mud gets stuck in the pattern and do not fall of like that from an off road bias tyre. In rain they were very sure footed compared to MRF

Preferred 34psi pressure for Tarmac use, at lower pressure the streering was bit vague and handling was on the mushier side. Higher pressure made it sharp and the ride was not compromised at all.
anilnediyara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 14:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Everything else is fine. However I am uncertain about the MRF Wanderer tyres. They were called in for replacement earlier. Maybe its best to change to Bridgestone AT right away. The 693 AT of the OE size. 265 is good enough no need for an oversize 275. Although I would love to drive it with the TOYO OP/DH Dueler I had made but it wont be available in India.
Old 5th June 2020, 15:14   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Everything else is fine. However I am uncertain about the MRF Wanderer tyres.
To be frankly speaking they are not that bad, I am still on stock MRFs and my experience with them is fine. I have clocked 60k kms so far and they have performed quite well with only 2 puncture. They are definitely not the best one in market but by no means they are the worst. Many other group members have the same thought and experience with them. Yoko is the worst out of the lot with weak sidewalls and tyre bulge issues reported.

Will I be replacing them with better brands? Yes, I would like to try Pirelli/Continental/Cooper as my next replacement. Group members gave positive reviews about these brands after personally trying them.
Old 7th June 2020, 14:19   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Will I be replacing them with better brands? Yes, I would like to try Pirelli/Continental/Cooper as my next replacement. Group members gave positive reviews about these brands after personally trying them.
Maybe you can consider Michelin too.

https://www.michelin.in/auto/tyres/ltx-force
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 14:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
Another sidewall cut in the hopeless Wanderers, this is my second sidewall damage. Not going for the tyre upgrade at the time of purchase was my biggest mistake

I am planning to get rid off these tyres soon and believe that the Yokohama Geolandars are the best possible upgrade as they are available in all the sizes and that too in A/T. I am not able to decide on the size though, getting an itch to upsize to 275 or 285 section.

Which of these sizes will be a better fit? Feedback/reviews from the existing users will be really helpful.

Attachment 1845239
Yokohama Geolanders have exactly the same problem. Side wall splitting. From 215/80/R15 to 265/70/R26 for a Prado. LC 90. Two years and the sidewall problems start appearing. In my experience the most suitable tyres in India are Bridgestone AT versions.
Old 15th June 2020, 14:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This wouldn't be my recommendation - 265/60 R18 is already a very fat tyre. 275 would be overdoing it.

+1 - Big Michelin & Yokohama fan here.

@ Harsha: You can't go wrong with either the Primacy or Geolandar (the latter would be a great all-terrain choice).
Just about Ok. But it will be a balloon fit. Increasing the contact area. And it will cause taller gearing. If someone drives 50 % of the time on sand then very good for 18 psi driving. Otherwise stick to 265/60/R18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks