Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 10th September 2018, 19:38   #46
BHPian

Default Re: MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Got the tyres of my 2010 Polo 1.6 Petrol changed to MRF Perfinza 195/60-R15 over this weekend. Price paid Rs 5200/tyre.

Ride - Soft and supple. However there is a slight bouncy (but soft) feeling, specially at the rear. I think this is caused by over inflation. The default pressure recommended by VW is around 29/30 PSI, but currently I am running 33 PSI air as recommended by the MRF dealer. Will fill nitrogen and would possibly go down by 2 or 3 PSIs next weekend to see the difference.

Handling - both dry and wet - The grip levels offered seems impressive. I tried to push around the car on an empty stretch on Sunday and there were no tyre squeals - neither at hard corners nor on hard braking. The ABS did not kick in any time during brake testing. At one point the 8 year/1 lakh km old shockers could not keep up and I stopped pushing the car any further.

Noise - These are really silent tyres. I started hearing minor door squeaks and other noises within the car which were inaudible earlier.

Look and feel - Looks premium. The contact patch seems slightly less wide compared to same sized Yoko S drives or even the Potenza. This may be due to the rounded edges but should not matter much. The rubber is soft to touch.

Side wall - Seems stiff enough and could not feel any tyre induced body roll on hard cornering.

Life / tyre wear - This is an area I am a bit worried about. The compound being soft may end up wearing out early. Let's keep figures crosses and see how long these last.
Hi, I got myself a set too. Very similar observations. Because I have B6s, I feel there is a bit of sidewall flex during extreme cornering. Otherwise, extremely nice set of tyres. I too heard a rattle from my tool kit for the first time!
d_himan is offline   Reply With Quote