Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2018, 19:38   #46
BHPian

Re: MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Got the tyres of my 2010 Polo 1.6 Petrol changed to MRF Perfinza 195/60-R15 over this weekend. Price paid Rs 5200/tyre. .
Hi, I got myself a set too. Very similar observations. Because I have B6s, I feel there is a bit of sidewall flex during extreme cornering. Otherwise, extremely nice set of tyres. I too heard a rattle from my tool kit for the first time!

Last edited by Sheel : 19th January 2020 at 17:10. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
Old 28th January 2019, 13:16   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

I had been to MRF T & S for WA and WB of my Baleno. I got to see MRF Perfinza in stock size of S-Cross : 205/60 R16. It's priced very competitively at just 7k. I was confused between Bluearth and P4ST. Not anymore, Perfinza it is !! I would be getting them next month .
Attached Thumbnails
MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190128_125735.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 01:17   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

MRF Perfinza in S-Cross 1.6 !!

Why Perfinza ?

I wanted new tires in OE size itself and the budget was 7-8k per tyre. I was using Continental MC5 before. There were no issues and I liked them. The noise did increase with age and sidewall used to flex under hard cornering.

I wanted to try something new and the contenders were Yokohama Bluearth and Michelin P4ST. Michelin P3ST is the favorite tyre in our S-Cross group and people vouch for comfort, low noise and long life. Personally I found the grip and steering feel to be slightly lesser than my MC5. P4ST is new launch and successor of P3ST. I thought it might be better.

Yokohama Bluearth tires are very decent. I am using them in my Baleno. They are extremely VFM and I could have got the tires for just Rs. 5500 during Amazon sale. It was very tempting, these tires are something like "jack of all trades, master of none ". I couldn't decide and amazon sale was over lol. The price is back to Rs.6400 now.

MRF Perfinza was not even considered because I was under the impression that it was not available in stock size. MRF had actually launched this size couple of months back and when I got to know about this...I immediately made up my mind to get them. Reason ? Nikhil and few other BHPians have posted very positive reviews and I am always up for trying something good from Indian brand.

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190226_184815.jpg

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190226_184724.jpg

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190226_184735.jpg

These were installed at Madhus Bangalore.

Impressions :

I look mainly for grip, braking, steering feel and high speed stability. Road noise and comfort are secondary. After installing the tires, immediate difference I could notice was with road noise and comfort . Yes, they felt better than my MC5. I don't know how ride was better because MC5 has softer sidewall.

I am big fan of steering feel in MC5. I just missed them in Perfinza. The steering felt much lighter. Thankfully this lasted only for initial few hundred kms..it became much better with more kms on odo , tires have running in period. It's almost on par with MC5 now. Objectively speaking, I would say MC5 wins by narrow margin.

GRIP : I am a huge fan of Perfinzas now. Really impressed !! This has exceeded my expectations. Sidewall too doesn't flex like MC5 under hard cornering. I have driven couple of S-Cross with tires from different brands (not high end performance tires ). I can confidently say none of them felt as surefooted like my car with Perfinzas. Well done MRF !!

Braking & High speed stability : Perfinzas do a good job, similar to MC5. MC5 had a peculiar sound at very high speeds, this is missing in Perfinza. Car stops without any drama and ABS interference is minimal.

Overall, I am very happy with these tires. Tread depth is around 8 mm. My car would be doing close to 200 HP after Stage 3 map. I would be extremely satisfied if these tires last at least 30k kms. Remember JK Elanzos ( considered as rocks ) went bald in just 19k kms in my car

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 2nd March 2019 at 01:29.
Dr.Naren is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 17:41   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

I have driven more than 3000 Kms with Perfinzas now. These tyres never let me down and perform very well on ghat sections. Braking is also superb now at higher speeds.

Ride comfort and noise levels are also good, but I would rate them slightly lower than P3ST / P4ST. But, it's definitely better than Continental MC5. MC5's used to get very noisy at higher speeds, Perfinza's are much more silent .
Dr.Naren is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 04:17   #50
BHPian

Thanks to my carelessness ripped a good one on my factory fitted tyre.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4575010 (I bought an Audi A3 35 TFSI Premium Plus)

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-20190414_1129231.jpg

Unfortunately imported Goodyear Efficient Grip tyres are hard to find. Audi asked for a month or two to import them and it would cost around 11000/- I had no other choice than to look for an alternative, this meant I now had to replace two tyres and not one.
Hopped on the MRF Perfinza bandwagon! Drove only 2kms on these tyres so absolutely no clue how they will handle. Thankfully have a long drive today and will find out how these perform.

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-20190417_155214.jpg

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-20190417_155253.jpg

In case anyone wants 3 used for 9500kms imported Goodyears let me know
The first thing that I noticed when the old tyres were removed was just how soft and supple it was, agreed these are used tyres and will be more malleable to the touch but I haven't seen a softer tyre than these before.
deepfreak15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 14:51   #51
BHPian

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4578107 (I bought an Audi A3 35 TFSI Premium Plus)

To summarize:
Done only 250kms on the highway with the Perfinzas up front, which is way too little time to judge a tyre, but at least if the tyre was really a step down Im sure I would have felt it. Im happy to state I did not feel any difference in the steering feel, cushioning, grip or tyre noise.

My recent learning that, when changing a pair of tyres instead of all 4 tyres, the newest go back (something to do with: its easier to manage understeer when hydroplaning than oversteer) has forced me to move the Perfinzas to the rear wheel. So I guess I will never figure out how good/bad these tyres really are. I did tell MRF they could have 3 "German" imported Goodyears for R&D if they gave me another pair of Perfinzas but I guess they didn't take me seriously

Last edited by deepfreak15 : 21st April 2019 at 14:54.
deepfreak15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 08:02   #52
BHPian

Finally upgraded my lousy Goodyear OEs for Perfinzas in the same size for my Fiat Linea Tjet. OE size: 205/55 R16

The OE tyres had done just 25K in 6 years - my running has been quite low. But the tyres were hard as a result of continuously being parked for long periods and their age in general. The final straw was a bad puncture that just couldn't be fixed.

After dilly dallying over MC5 and P3ST, almost choosing MC5 and then coming across that detailed review on the Perfinza from Nikhil and also others including Dr.Naren, I kinda made up my mind on the Perfinza itself.

Did some research, found out contacts and managed to wring a deal that was pretty good. I ended up paying for the tyres just marginally above the dealer cost price.

Right now there is no comparison of a brand new tyre to a knackered old oe tyres to a brand new replacement, but I am finally happy that I can hear my engine purr and roar.

A point to be noted at low speeds I am getting a similar ride to the old tyres - maybe its over inflation need to check it, but as the speeds go up the car just seems to gobble up the road like it used to do.

The tyres show the date 0819 - guessing Feb 2019 manufactured?

Overall I am happy for now, will keep updating here.

Have added some pics - including the old tyres. Once fitted came home washed the car - and sprayed some Mothers Back to Black tyre renew, added the valve caps and took a small drive to capture some lovely sunset skies.

The Old tyres
MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190608_150054.jpg
MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190608_153855.jpg

The new tyres waiting for fitment
MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190608_143926.jpg
MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190608_143928.jpg

Getting them Balanced
MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190608_151648.jpg

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190608_152014.jpg

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190609_181057.jpg

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190609_181103.jpg

The tyre looks marginally smaller than before - need to check air.
MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190609_181113.jpg

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190609_181125.jpg

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190609_183234.jpg

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190609_183240.jpg

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190609_183246.jpg

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190609_181831.jpg

Bonus Pic - That beautiful sunset I was talking about.
MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190609_185448.jpg
sai_ace is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 18:17   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

I have driven around 6000 Kms. Fully happy with the performance of these tires.

I was unlucky that a tyre suffered external damage. There was minor leak from sidewall ( inner side ). It was fixed by using cold patch.

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-img_20190620_181213.jpg

There's no pressure drop after the fix. But, I will get a new tyre soon.

Also, we have 3 S-Cross 1.6 modified to 200 HP in our group and all of them are running on MRF Perfinza's .
Dr.Naren is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 19:19   #54
BANNED

Are these better than Apollo Alnac 4G?
simeonovitch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 19:29   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
Are these better than Apollo Alnac 4G?
Alnac 4G tires are very decent. MRF Perfinza should be better in terms of grip, comfort and noise.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 20:33   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It was fixed by using cold patch.
Do you have an image how it looks like?

Never heard about it. Its either thread or mushroom patch for tubeless tyre repair.
Old 20th June 2019, 20:41   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Do you have an image how it looks like?

Never heard about it. Its either thread or mushroom patch for tubeless tyre repair.
Sorry, I don't have a pic. You can search on Youtube for videos .
Old 1st July 2019, 09:59   #58
BHPian

For those who are on the fence, the Perfinzas are excellent in torrential rain - it's really wet in Mumbai today and there's fantastic grip and hardly any aquaplaning - even at unmentionable speeds.

The only tyre which gave me maybe slightly better confidence was CPC2s. Michelin Primacy 3STs are a notch below - not sure about 4ST.
d_himan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 18:12   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
For those who are on the fence, the Perfinzas are excellent in torrential rain - it's really wet in Mumbai today and there's fantastic grip and hardly any aquaplaning - even at unmentionable speeds.
I second that. Wet grip is extremely good. Perfinza offers maximum performance at VFM price .
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 16:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Installed the Perfinzas on our Vento and have covered 5k kms already! It was an upsize to 195/60R15

Very little did I know that I'll actually try out these tyres after posting the very first tyre scoop on Team-BHP!

To be short, these tyres perform beyond the limits of the car. You'll feel very confident cruising at illegal speeds ( even by T-BHP standards) and are all the tires you need. Brakes well even at very high speeds

The highlight is the steering feedback which is immensely confidence inspiring and gives a nice weighted feel. Even if you go a bit too fast into a corner, you don't need to give more steering feedback in order to maintain the line.

Road noise is well contained as of now. I can hear the engine more now. The Michelin Primacy 4st maybe more silent but it's pointless with this noisy engine. May make more sense if it's a petrol powered car or if the engine is quite silent!

At ₹5400 per tyre, it's all that I need and I'm not sure how much better the Michelin primacy will be at ₹6300 per tyre.

Extremely happy!
Turbohead is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks