Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2006, 11:09   #1
BHPian

Baleno Upsizing - Offset details - Urgent

I am buying a Baleno LXi today and need advice on the following.

I am switching to 14" Alloys (Aura) and GoodYear NCT 185/65 Tubeless (thanks to all the help from Nitrous and Samurai).

I need some details on Offset.

1. What is the Offset for Steel Rims (LXi). I have not been able to check out the same.

2. I checked the Offset for Stock Alloys in VXi (Aura - 14"). The Offset if 40mm Positive.

3. Can I assume it will be same for LXi also (steel rims) ?. Would Maruti have tuned suspension differently for LXi and VXi ?. I think not and hence assume the offset be the same for LXi (Steel Rims) and VXi (Alloys).

4. The Alloys I have decided to purchase has an Offset of 44mm Positive (as per Aura Website). I still have'nt check the stamping in the alloy to confirm. WOuld this difference of 4 mm make a big difference.

Can anyone help clarify ?. I am taking delivery of the vehicle this evening and changing the tyres / rims immediately.

Thanks.
Old 30th November 2006, 11:28   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbu View Post
4. The Alloys I have decided to purchase has an Offset of 44mm Positive (as per Aura Website). I still have'nt check the stamping in the alloy to confirm. WOuld this difference of 4 mm make a big difference.
That can't be right, I checked the Aura website and none of the wheels recommended for Baleno have 44 offset. What is the model number of the wheel?

EDIT: make sure it is 5.5J and not 5J
Old 30th November 2006, 11:37   #3
BHPian

Samurai... Aura site does not list any 14" for Baleno. They still show only 13". If you take any 14" alloys listed (by selecting any other vehicle), the Offset is more than 40mm.
Old 30th November 2006, 11:50   #4
Team-BHP Support

Ah! Now I remember why I kept away from Aura. Check out model D1455. That might work out.
Old 30th November 2006, 12:00   #5
JRD
BHPian

hey subbu the wheel details for the baleno is
p.c.d. 4 x 100
offset 35..38
c/bore 54

so any rim any size just make sure pcd is 4x100 and offset between 35..38

hope this helps
Later
JRD

[COLOR=#006666][/COLOR]

oh forgot to add .. doesnt matter if its 14x6 or 14x5.5.. its the width of the rim. so if the pcd and offset are the ones i gave you . they will fit..

so my suggestion is 185/60 wheels on 14x6 rims

Last edited by Samurai : 30th November 2006 at 12:14.
Old 30th November 2006, 13:23   #6
BHPian

Samurai / JRD...

D1455 is the Stock Alloys for Baleno VXi and its Offset is 40mm.

I am sure the Offset of the Steel Rims (LXi) is different. I am sure Baleno has kept the same suspension setting for both the cars.

I am looking at Aura EO1455 (not listed in their site) and the offset is 38mm.

Final advice pls.
Old 4th December 2006, 13:44   #7
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbu View Post
Samurai / JRD...

D1455 is the Stock Alloys for Baleno VXi and its Offset is 40mm.

I am sure the Offset of the Steel Rims (LXi) is different. I am sure Baleno has kept the same suspension setting for both the cars.

I am looking at Aura EO1455 (not listed in their site) and the offset is 38mm.

Final advice pls.

hey subbu..

sorry couldnt get back sooner.. but yeah if the rims on the vxi (newone)with 14s has 40 offset and looks fine then it will fit on your lxi. there is no technical change between the lxi and vxi expect for the wheel size..

the offset determines how much the wheel sticks out.. so the lower the positive offset, the wheel will stick out that much more.. hope you get it?

so anyway. if the vxi's wheel is 14x6 with 40mm offset, and the rim you are looking at is 14x6 with 38mm offset, your wheel will stick out 2mm more than the vxi's wheel.. as simple as that..

so my advice dont worry about it.. the rim with 38 mm offset will look just fine..

hope this clears things out.
Later
JRD.
Old 4th December 2006, 18:48   #8
BHPian

JRD... I checked the Alloys physically (D1455 - stock for VXi) and the offset is 45mm. I know it is different from what I posted earlier but that was based on Dealer info.
I have fixed Alloys with 45mm Offset. I have not experienced any issues so far ( I have driven 450 kms with new alloys). While the Tire Dealer has offered to exchange if required, I have not felt the need so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks