Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2020, 19:14   #46
sbm
BHPian

Re: BluEarth AE-50 tyres listed on Yokohama's website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I wanted to get 2 new tyres in my Baleno. Premium performance tyres were not considered and I decided on Yokohama Earth 1. I told the same to Nikhil, but he advised me to go with Yokohama BluEarth AE-50.
Hey Dr.Naren. I in the same situation as you were as one of the tyres on my Baleno Zeta 1.2 suffered a side wall damage and It seems that I have to change atleast two tyres. I have shortlisted Yokohama Earth1 and Blueearth AE50. Being a little fearful of sidewall damage, I am more inclined towards the Earth1s because they apparently have stornger side walls and are 'made for India'. I have a few questions for you

1. Did you considered the sidewall factor while choosing Blueearth over Earth1?

2. Have you changed your front tyres yet? If not then what pattern are you following for tyre rotation?

3. What made you change only two tyres? Was it a damage like mine or did the two of them weared out earlier than the others?
Old 13th January 2020, 13:32   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
1. Did you considered the sidewall factor while choosing Blueearth over Earth1?

2. Have you changed your front tyres yet? If not then what pattern are you following for tyre rotation?

3. What made you change only two tyres? Was it a damage like mine or did the two of them weared out earlier than the others?
1. Sidewall should be slightly more stronger in Earth-1. Bluearth is not too soft or weak. I did not face any issues till date.

2. Alnac 4G has weak sidewall. 2 of them had sidewall tear / burst in my car.

I would suggest Bluearth over Earth-1 any day. The price is similar and you get better grip, braking, ride comfort and low noise.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 20:01   #48
Senior - BHPian

I recently did Gurgaon - Udaipur - Ahmedabad - Statue of Unity - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Nathdwara - Udaipur - Gurgaon, 2340 Kms total.

The BluEarths were very quite and comfortable. Absolutely loved the ride. Will definitely buy them again.
Old 25th January 2020, 20:59   #49
BHPian

Are these tyres better than the newly launched Michelin Energy XM2+ or even the old Michelin Energy XM2? I'm thinking of upsizing the tyres of my Tiago to 15" from the stock 14" and these two models are in consideration. Some people have told me that Michelin are too soft thus more prone to punctures and less life.
Old 26th January 2020, 14:36   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Are these tyres better than the newly launched Michelin Energy XM2+ or even the old Michelin Energy XM2? I'm thinking of upsizing the tyres of my Tiago to 15" from the stock 14" and these two models are in consideration. Some people have told me that Michelin are too soft thus more prone to punctures and less life.
These should be better than Energy XM2(+), as these are in the league of Primacy 3/4, which are placed higher than XM2's.
Old 28th January 2020, 19:49   #51
BHPian

Got the Yoko BluEarth AE50 185/70 R14 for my Ritz today, as a replacement for 46k Kms run Conti CC5. Got it at 4300 a piece with Free Alignment, Balancing and 4 valves, which were costing 100 a piece. Total damage done is 17000 /- plus 200 /- for the weights.
These are made in Japan with 2519 manufacturing week. Will monitor the performance and feel as i drive more and update accordingly.

There was another BluEarth variant, some S32 in the same Tire dimension size costing the same. Not sure which variant is that. Went ahead with AE50 as planned, since it has good reviews here.

Last edited by abhi3284 : 28th January 2020 at 19:56. Reason: Add text
Old 9th February 2020, 17:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

Can I request some more reviews of this tyre ? How is the sidewall strength ?

The dealer was claiming that Yokohama is giving unconditional warranty on this tyre.

I got a quote of Rs 5150 per tyre in 195/60/R15 size. Quote for same size in Michelin Primacy 4 is Rs 6400

My car is currently running on Michelin Primacy 3ST, which haven been rock solid.

Is the Rs 1250 premium per tyre worth it ? This adds up to 5K for a set of 4 tyres.
Old 20th May 2020, 17:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

Im planning to change the tyres of my 2012 BMW X1. Currently on Goodyear NCT5 RunFlats, I'm planning to go the tubeless route as I also have a donut spare. The deal I'm getting on Yokohama Blu Earth AE50 in 225 50 R17 98 W is 10000 per tyre, which I felt was ok for the current time. Ay feedback on the choice for the X1? Planning to change over the weekend.
Old 2nd July 2020, 20:03   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Will monitor the performance and feel as i drive more and update accordingly.
Hi Abhi, any feedback on the BluEarth’s? How’s the performance compared to your earlier set?
Old 4th July 2020, 19:11   #55
BHPian

Hello folks, I just got a call from my tire guy that the BluEarth’s will be going out of production soon; and that the dealers are just liquidating the stock available with then. He now insists to go for Earth-1 instead which is quite a reliable tire since quite sometime now.
Anyone here has a confirm news on this please?
I am looking for an upgrade in the next week for my Creta.
Old 6th July 2020, 18:44   #56
Senior - BHPian

I was enquiring about this tire last week, I too heard similar story from a Yokohama dealer I spoke to in Mumbai. Per him, AE-50 are no longer being produced as Yokohama has received a lot of complaints regarding the sidewall damages. As a result, Earthi-1 is being promoted.
I am not sure how true/accurate this is as the guy I spoke to did not have stock of the AE-50's.
Old 6th July 2020, 21:01   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I was enquiring about this tire last week, I too heard similar story from a Yokohama dealer I spoke to in Mumbai. Per him, AE-50 are no longer being produced as Yokohama has received a lot of complaints regarding the sidewall damages. As a result, Earthi-1 is being promoted.
I am not sure how true/accurate this is as the guy I spoke to did not have stock of the AE-50's.
Oh yes, missed to mention about the sidewall crack issue in my earlier post.

My tire guy though said that he can arrange the AE-50’s, as some of the distributor still have some stock left.

He also mentioned that Yokohama will be coming up with a newer tire as a replacement to the outgoing AE-50. But not sure when.
Old 6th July 2020, 22:44   #58
BHPian

I paid advance for blue earths for my cedia today itself.
The choice was between s-drives and this, and I relied on the feedback on this thread to make the decision.
I believe this is due ban on imports (blue earth was an imported model).
Request experts to provide information
Old 7th July 2020, 17:02   #59
BHPian

I was about to purchase an AE50 to replace my spare tyre (6+ year old Goodyear GT3) for my 2014 Honda City - the other 4 tyres area already changed to XM2 a few months (2k kms) ago. Would it be safe to use an AE50 with other tyres being XM2? I dont mind the softer sidewalls of the XM2 so I think the AE50 should be equally safe for Mumbai roads. Thoughts?
Old 10th July 2020, 17:07   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
I was about to purchase an AE50 to replace my spare tyre (6+ year old Goodyear GT3) for my 2014 Honda City - the other 4 tyres area already changed to XM2 a few months (2k kms) ago. Would it be safe to use an AE50 with other tyres being XM2? I dont mind the softer sidewalls of the XM2 so I think the AE50 should be equally safe for Mumbai roads. Thoughts?
Heres an update - ordered the 175/65 R15 AE50 from Amazon for Rs.4100 and it got delivered today - Made in Japan and week of manufacture is "4219" so some time in Oct 2019.
This will be my spare tire to start with since the City already has fairly new XM2s on all 4 wheels for now. Bought it since I felt it was a good / clearance type price and I expect prices to keep going up!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks