Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2020, 15:00   #61
BHPian

Re: BluEarth AE-50 tyres listed on Yokohama's website

Second BluEarth R 16" issue. Probably not even an Earth 1 would have been spared by this nail. Quite happy with the BluEarth overall with cushion like muted performance. Will be taking this puncture to a known guy who repairs it from inside.
Attached Thumbnails
BluEarth AE-50 tyres listed on Yokohama's website-img20200809wa0015.jpeg  

Last edited by VWAllstar : 9th August 2020 at 15:01.
Old 1st September 2020, 06:36   #62
BHPian

Hi All,

Any longer-term reviews on the BluEarth tyres? Have there really been many sidewall issues? I am looking to get these for my 2008 Civic, but a bit concerned about these issues. Would folks who have them running recommend it?

Thanks.
Old 1st September 2020, 10:16   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
Hi All,

Any longer-term reviews on the BluEarth tyres? Have there really been many sidewall issues? I am looking to get these for my 2008 Civic, but a bit concerned about these issues. Would folks who have them running recommend it?

Thanks.
I got these in Jan. But, could not do much running unfortunately due to Covid. Have done around 1500 kms on them and i find them good so far. Good grip and fairly silent. I moved to these from Conti CC5, which in itself are pretty good tyres. No sidewall issues so far, but the running has been very less on these to comment on it.
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 12:18   #64
BHPian

I have Blue Earth on my Passat since Dec 2017. I had to upsize a bit; from 215/55/R16 to 225/55/R16.

They are very silent, have great dry & wet grip. Sidewall is definitely not as soft as the Pirelli Cinturato P7's. Driven over 20,000 km with them and wear normal.

Overall, very impressed with Yokohama Blue Earth tyres
Old 5th October 2020, 14:27   #65
Senior - BHPian

Yokohama India launched its latest edition of the BluEarth Series, ‘BluEarth – GT’, in India. Inspired by the Grand Touring concept, GT offers the best of both performance and comfort, the company said in a release.

BluEarth AE-50 tyres listed on Yokohama's website-smartselect_20201005142117_chrome.jpg

The new series will be available in 26 sizes ranging from 14 to 17 inches by the year-end. BluEarth- GT will be suitable for premium hatchback onwards.

According to the tyremaker, BluEarth-GT is a ‘Made In India’ product, manufactured at the company’s Bahadurgarh unit in Haryana.

https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...-cars/78487936
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 21:29   #66
BHPian

I have been trying to shortlist tyres for a replacement of the Hyundai Verna tyres. The dimension is 195/55 R16, and I do not want to go for change of the size.

The stock tyres have run 26000 kms, and I would want replacement on completion of 30K. The vehicle has been on stock Bridgestone Ecopia 195/55 R16 (a size in which Bridgestone does not sell Ecopia through its dealerships!). Although I used Ecopias on my previous car and drove around 24000 kms and although they turned out to be good, here the story in Verna is very different. This set of Ecopias are noisy and feel uneven on ride, as it makes such sound.

I have been in search of some information regarding new tyres. Is Yoko S-Drive there, and is it better than Earth 1? Both are listed on Yokohama website in India. How does S-Drive compare with Yoko Earth 1, when it comes to ride, handling, grip, etc? Anyone having information here...? Also, how will it compare with the Continentals (MC5?).

I am aware of Michelin and its strengths well. But I am not considering Michelin XM2 this time; I did use them once and drove my car happily for a long 67000 kms. But that car is the old Ford Fiesta.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 11th October 2020 at 21:33.
Old 26th November 2020, 07:12   #67
BHPian

Hi guys! What’s the word on Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51? Is anyone using this tyre? How does it compare to the earlier BluEarth AE50 model and the competition? I have to get my Jazz’s five year old Bridgestone B250 tyres replaced ASAP as they have developed sidewall cracks, have become very hard and one of the tyres has trouble holding pressure due to a bad puncture, which cannot be repaired properly (got the same puncture repaired twice from two different shops, but no improvement). I got a quote of Rs. 19,000 for a set of four 175/65 R15 tyres, i.e. Rs. 4,750 per tyre from Star Wheels, Gurugram. Is that fine? Your feedback would be highly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 26th November 2020, 23:11   #68
BHPian

I could not wait, so I went ahead and purchased a set of four Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 tyres of size 175/65 R15, for my Honda Jazz. I purchased them from Ashok Motors, Sector 16, Noida. I decided on Ashok Motors after researching them on Google. They have good customer reviews and use a Hunter alignment machine. But most importantly in my case, since I had already decided on Yokohama tyres, I wanted to buy them from a Yokohama Club Network or a YCN outlet, to get the best possible rates and the most recent manufacturing dates. I got a rate of Rs. 4,650 per tyre, which is Rs. 100 cheaper per tyre than what was quoted by Star Wheels in Gurugram. This brought the cost of four tyres to Rs. 18,600 inclusive of all taxes, wheel alignment as well as wheel balancing.

There are some caveats though to the above price. I was given an option of two valves to choose from - one local and one of a brand called 'Triton', which they claim is a foreign brand that is used for luxury cars like Mercedes, BMW, Audi, etc. As per them, the local valve will last as long as it can, but the Triton valve has a minimum life of 5 years. They charged me Rs. 99 per valve, i.e. a total of Rs. 396 for a set of four valves, for four tyres. Next, I was asked which type of weight I would like to go for; Hammar weights or sticker weights. Hammar weights were complementary with balancing but the sticker weights that I opted for, as my Jazz has alloy wheels, cost my Rs. Rs. 210 for 105 gms of weight for the four wheels. In total, I had to pay an additional Rs. 606 for all the above.

Lastly, I was offered Rs. 600 to buy back my old Bridgestone B250 tyres, but when I told them about Star Wheels, Gurugram's offer to pay me Rs. 1,000, they quickly agreed to match the price. So finally, I forked out Rs. 18,206 for a brand spanking new set of Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 tyres but I am 'Lovin' It!' If you ask me, it was worth every Rupee! The ride has become so silent and comfortable! I will post my thoughts on these tyres after I used them a bit more. Thank you for reading!

Oh and one more thing! For people who didn’t already know; Yokohama gives 5 years warranty and 18 months unconditional warranty on it’s tyres.

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th November 2020 at 07:54. Reason: Back to back posts.
RedPhobos is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 00:45   #69
BHPian

Thanks for your valuable inputs regarding the new tyres. Much appreciated.
My i20 is also due for a tyre change. It has run 50k and one of the tyres has a sidewall cracked. These stock tyres were Apollo Alnacs, which were quite okay i think. Punctured quite a few times but I'd blame that on the tracks i travel through rather than the tyre.
I am inclined a little towards earth 1 though, as I am not able to gather much first hand information regarding blue earth series. The earth 1 is said to be a tough(er) tyre so I'm guessing it would hold up for the next few years on our 'roads'.
Vitruvius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 18:29   #70
BHPian

Some dealers in Kerala are charging me 5250 for the BlueEarths and others are charging me 4300. It's never in stock though.
Old 25th December 2020, 08:57   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
Some dealers in Kerala are charging me 5250 for the BlueEarths and others are charging me 4300. It's never in stock though.
I swapped all 4 of my Apollos for the earth 1 195/55r16
Blue earth wasn't available at my tire dealer either, which is probably why he was advising me against it citing random issues.
I got these at 6600 a piece. Check price online to get a rough estimate for your size of tire.
The earth 1 is better than the Apollos. But its not luxury grade. Blue earth is more comfort oriented.
If you go blue earth, get the ae51 that was released recently. I don't know much about the tire though as I haven't yet seen long term reviews, or seen the tire in person.
Old 28th December 2020, 13:24   #72
BHPian

I got set of 4 BluEarth GT AE51 for my Nexon in 205 / 60 R16 size.
Older tyre were Goodyears and have lost their shape, causing car to wobble.
But after changing the tyre, car now feels very stable and road noise has gone down too.
Yet to do a highway run with these new shoes, will share experience after I do that.
I got them for Rs 6950 each in Pune.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 02:01   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitruvius View Post
I am inclined a little towards earth 1 though, as I am not able to gather much first hand information regarding blue earth series. The earth 1 is said to be a tough(er) tyre so I'm guessing it would hold up for the next few years on our 'roads'.
Yes, you are correct; Earth1 is a harder/tougher tyre than the BlueEarth GT AE51. However, the BluEarth GT tyre provides a more comfortable ride thanks to its softer composition and is also very quiet. You will need to prioritise - do you want toughness and longevity (Earth1) or do you prefer a comfortable and a quiet ride (BluEarth GT), but rest assured, you can’t go wrong with either.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th December 2020 at 13:52. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
RedPhobos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 07:37   #74
BHPian

I’m using the Yokohama BluEarth A tyres (the version before BluEarth GT) and it’s been a great experience so far. Before this I’d been using the stock MRF ZVTV tyres and those were uncomfortable + had a lot of road noise.

BluEarth has reduced road noise a lot and the ride is much more comfortable. I’m not a “spirited driver” so I can’t comment on grip levels in extreme conditions, but I have used the tyre on over 5,000km across multiple highway runs and they’ve held up well (touch wood).

The first trip on these tyres was a 2,000-km round trip to Rajasthan. Along the way I got excellent performance on great roads, and the tyres held up well on pothole-ridden roads on the way to Kumbhalgarh Fort, and on even worse roads from their to Jodhpur. Following that we’ve done multiple Mumbai-Nasik and Mumbai-Bhopal runs with no issues.

I bought these because my local tyre shop didn’t have Earth-1 in stock, and it was a great decision.
Crow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 18:47   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhobos View Post
I could not wait, so I went ahead and purchased a set of four Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 tyres of size 175/65 R15, for my Honda Jazz.
==========
Oh and one more thing! For people who didn’t already know; Yokohama gives 5 years warranty and 18 months unconditional warranty on it’s tyres.
Thanks for this info. I also got recommendation from tyre dealer for Blue earth AE51. My primary criteria is noise and comfort as my 2013 model swift dzire's windows glass are wafer thin and the noise is very annoying. I got quote for 5100 per tyre with wheel alignment and balancing. It's 185/65/R15. Initially i thought for CC5 but its not available anywhere and this dealer informed that cc5 doesn't have unconditional warranty like yokohama tyre. Decided to go for ae51.
amitshippie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks