Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2022, 08:01   #121
BHPian

Re: BluEarth AE-50 tyres listed on Yokohama's website

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Hi everyone.
Any recommendations between the AE-51 and the UC6. The cars in question are a Polo and an i20. Primary concern soft ride and silence.
Thanks
revvhed
I too was concerned with tyre noise and was stuck between AE-51 and UC6. Dealer had both but suggested AE-51 since he noticed UC6 tyre noise increased sooner with age around 10k km. Went with AE-51.
Arun1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 08:07   #122
BHPian

Hello All.
I am confused between the Yokohama Bluearth GT and the Bridgestone Turanza ER60 for my Honda City 2011 i-vtec.

The tyre size I am going for is 195/60/R15.
Ride comfort is the priority.

Thanks.
Old 9th October 2022, 12:12   #123
BHPian

During the recent amazon sale, i placed an order for Yoko Bluearth AE50 175/60 R15 tyres for my Nissan Micra. Later, i saw that the tyres sent were Yoko Bluearth FE AE30 in the same size. They were made in India and also, manufactured between 28-31 week of 2022. How different are these from the AE 50's? I tried looking up online, but only saw that these are priced higher than AE50's on an online tyre website and a specification review on yoko eu website. Nothing on their Indian website.
Old 26th January 2023, 17:19   #124

Hi All,

Purchased a new set of tyres for my 2018 Baleno Delta CVT. Odo: 27,300
Tyres were making screeching noices when turning and even gentle braking. Also since the 5 year mark had crossed.

Went for BluEarth GT AE51 based on the discussions on this forum. Straight away I could feel the difference from ZVTV - Road noise has drastically reduced. Will update on the performance once I take a long highway run.

Thanks to the discussion on this forum which helped in arriving at decision for BluEarth.

Costed me 5700 each in Pune Nagar Road (Yash Tyres)
Already got an sms from Yokohama India Online warranty system with Warranty Registration number.
DSK0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 20:22   #125

Did a 400 Kms approx trip to Shirdi and back to Pune today.

The BluEarth GT AE51 performed brilliantly. The braking has definately improved. I could feel that I had more control of the car. I was driving atleast 10Kmph faster on the same routes when compared to earlier.

Very happy with this purchase.
DSK0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 10:35   #126
BHPian

Changed my Creta tyres to Blue Earth GT AE51 yesterday (all 4). I had a choice of Earth-1 or Blue Earth, and with the minor price difference, I chose to go with Blue Earth. Total damage for all 4 tyres, alignment, balancing and 4 valve stems came to 43,400. I had checked the prices online already, and found this to be a reasonable price - all inclusive.

The OEM Bridgestones had run approximately 45,000 kms and still had some tread left. However with over 5 years of use, the rubber compound had turned harder which I could definitely feel while driving.

After the change, I can feel an immediate difference in the tyre noise, road grip, as well as comfort levels. Mileage has gone up by a small margin in a day of driving. However will need to monitor over a slightly longer term to be absolutely sure.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see an unconditional 2 year warranty, and a total of 5 years warranty for the tyres. Yoko is betting big on its product quality and the unconditional warranty speaks volumes of their confidence.

If there's anyone in and around OMR - Chennai, please feel free to DM me and I can guide you to the shop I went to.
gvivek75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 16:31   #127
BHPian

Hi all,

I am getting a new Renault Triber soon and wanted to change the Ceat/MRF tyres to BluEarth51 in same size 185/65R15. Tire Shop next door recommended UC6 or Earth1 as he said there have been lot of complaints recently reported on BluEarth related to sidewall bursts. I dont know whether he was trying to sell Continental or whether his statements were true, as I have not heard any sidewall issues in Blu Earth in the limited research I have done.

Has anyone else heard the same or experienced this? Thanks.
Old 14th April 2023, 11:33   #128
BHPian

I see a lot of folks talking about immediate change in tyre noise and braking feedback with AE51. I have the same on my XL6 and I felt the same, after one and half year of highway usage I can safely assume that my tyres at least now after 25000 km have gotten noisy and hard and having frequent punctures as well.

Would love to hear otherwise.

15 years back had gotten Hankooks for my M800 and they lasted for over 45000kms, the tread wore off but the compound still remained soft. Haven't come across a single tyre with the same level of compound.

Last edited by lionell : 14th April 2023 at 11:35. Reason: Addition.
lionell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 21:01   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Just a quick check - Your rating here is for RV02's and not for AE-51 right ? Am in the same situation as you are looking for a tyre replacement for my steed
Yes RV02's. Driven over 20k on these and they still run like a dream. Still highly recommended!
Old 19th May 2023, 10:50   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Yes RV02's. Driven over 20k on these and they still run like a dream. Still highly recommended!
In full agreement with your point sir. RV02's run for 17k on XUV700. Highly recommended from my end as well. Comfort, silence and amazing stability while braking.

Yours were one of the positive review that helped me make by decision on RV02's before i was member here. Please accept my delayed (belayed - piratey version) thank you.
manoj.elan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 12:12   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
after one and half year of highway usage I can safely assume that my tyres at least now after 25000 km have gotten noisy and hard and having frequent punctures as well.
21k on my AE51s in almost 2years and 85% of the odo has been on highways. Tyres are still soft, noise hasn't increased much and haven't had any puncture issues. Do you park your car in the sun? Mine is covered parking at home and work, maybe parking in the sun could result in faster hardening of tyres. Also driving a lot on concrete roads could be another reason IMO.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 22:34   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
Thanks for your review! As of now yours is the only first hand experience of Blue Earth GT on the internet that I could find. I myself am getting a set of four (185/65R15) for my Baleno. Replacing my 5 year old MRF ZVTV. The GT seems to be new tyres and fit quite well within the budget.
The dealer did not have 4 pieces today else my car would have gotten those today itself. But looking forward to them now.
Hi Puneet, how are the Blue Earth holding on? Please share reviews as i am planning to change stock goodyear tyre on Creta (2019).

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2019 Creta with Goodyear stock tires of 215/60 R17 96H and have done 40K on Odo.
I am looking for a change of them and my options are narrowed on Yoko Earth1, Blue Earth AE 50/51, and RV02's.
I am looking for comfort, long life, good handling both on dry and wet, Braking, and less road noise as most (60 %) of the km on the Odo has been on the highways and will increase in future.
Your recommendations are solicited to come to a final decision. Please advice and suggest.

Last edited by bblost : 3rd June 2023 at 23:36. Reason: back to back.
Old 5th June 2023, 00:50   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbee70 View Post
Hi Puneet, how are the Blue Earth holding on? Please share reviews as i am planning to change stock goodyear tyre on Creta (2019).
Hi. So blue earth has been holding on well. I did not drive the car a lot post the change as I went remote so running came down heavily. But one thing that impressed me was that road noise came down a lot as compared to MRF ZVTV that the car came with. Apart from that no diff in ride quality or mileage.
Dry braking was good but I never had a heart in mouth moment with these tyres. But things feel normal.

Overall a satisfactory purchase.
puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:06   #134
BHPian

I see lot of people are now running with GT-AE51 for couple of years.

Any idea if BlueEarth GT AE51 is silent as compared to Earth1?

I am confused between Earth1, Bluearth and UC6. And after reading this thread my confusion has only grown further :(

By the way got following quotes from Dealers in Noida.

Yoko Earth1 - 7700/-
Yoko BlueEarth GT AE 51 - 7950/-
Conti CC6 - 8100

Price on Amazon
Yoko BlueEarth GT AE51 - 8318 (add 5% discount to make it 7900)
Conti UC6 - 8130 (add 5% discount to make it 7723)
Old 7th June 2023, 13:11   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
I see lot of people are now running with GT-AE51 for couple of years.

Any idea if BlueEarth GT AE51 is silent as compared to Earth1?

I am confused between Earth1, Bluearth and UC6. And after reading this thread my confusion has only grown further :(
Yes AE51's are silent and soft compared to Earth1. I was told Yokohama honors warranty better and Continentals are miser about it when I requested UC6 instead of AE51 with my preferred dealer. UC6 is better than AE51 according to the dealer as well sans warranty claiming part per his experience. Would like to know more from any of our honourable members here on the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks