Team-BHP - Sidewall puncture in tubeless tyre
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Sidewall puncture in tubeless tyre (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/19382-sidewall-puncture-tubeless-tyre.html)

i got a small puncture on the sidewall of my tubeless tyre. the puncture guy told me either to install a tube (effectively making it a tube type tyre) or change the tyre itself.

any idea if something else can be done to fix this puncture?

Dont fix it, it wont last and is dangerous.
Put in a tube and use as spare.
Next option is replacement.

i feel its best to go in for a new tyre if the sidewall's damaged.putting a tube just makes it another tubed tyre

As TSK mentioned either use it as a spare for short-haul journeys or replace it completely. It is not safe enough to be used regularly or for long distances.

the same thing happened to my innova's rear tire
i got a tube put in it
but the damn tyre was jinxed
it got punctured again and my stupid driver ruined the sidewall by driving it for a kilometre or so on a flat
the sidewall got damaged and i had to get the damn thing replaced with a new one, it was a 16" pirelli p7 cost me 5.5K

so do get a tube fitted and i hope nothin of this sort happens to u

Tube it best solution! That's what I did for my Swift - use it as the spare! Why spend so much on a new tyre? I mean you hardly use your spare wheel.

But definitely no repairing!!

Replace it. And then you'll never have to think about it. Don't you love your car.. :)

You could take it to a good tyre repair shop and get them to fix a small radial patch, balance it and fit it on the rear. It could still run as a tubeless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by da MotorHead (Post 333954)
Replace it. And then you'll never have to think about it. Don't you love your car.. :)

I share that sentiment and also extend it to - don't you love yourself ? We fight about the need for safety equipment (ABS, Airbags) and NCAP ratings and yet tend to neglect the basics - like running proper tyres at all times.

I have a sidewall punctured tyre which I got repaired and is in the boot now. Am already talking to tyre dealers to get a new one.

Yesterday, I noticed that two of my tyres had bulges and pretty thick ones. Plus one alloy had a slight bend. I closelooped with Iraghava and bought 2 new potenza GIIIs and a new rim from the showroom. When my alloy rim gets repaired, i'll use it in spare. It was a 25k dent, but my car is happy and i can peacfully drive it with hassles..

Quote:

Originally Posted by da MotorHead (Post 351196)
It was a 25k dent, but my car is happy and i can peacfully drive it with hassles..

Is that for a Skoda ?
Any idea about the cost of 195/60 R14 GIII's ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc (Post 351237)
Is that for a Skoda ?
Any idea about the cost of 195/60 R14 GIII's ?

Yes these were for his RS, upsized to 215/55 R16.
195/60 should cost you in the region of 3100-3200 per tyre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by da MotorHead (Post 351196)
It was a 25k dent, but my car is happy and i can peacfully drive it with hassles..

sorry, typo.. i meant without hassles lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 351243)
Yes these were for his RS, upsized to 215/55 R16.
195/60 should cost you in the region of 3100-3200 per tyre.

OT -
Delhi prices are low or what ? A bridgestone shop here quoted almost 6K per tyre. 5K+ for Goodyear F1's. 195/60R14's.

Checked with another small shop - they quoted 3800 per F1. Haven't check GIII from them.

Btw, the tubeless tyre repair (with a patch inside) cost me 200/-.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc (Post 351262)
OT -
Delhi prices are low or what ? A bridgestone shop here quoted almost 6K per tyre. 5K+ for Goodyear F1's. 195/60R14's.

Are you mad??:Shockked: DMH bought his 215/55 R16 for about 6.5k per tyre (GIII's), I bought my tyres (185/65 R14) for 3.1k per tyre. Max you should be paying is 3.2-3.3k.

PS: I ran F1's before the current set & they costed me 3k per piece in 185/60 R14. You better try some other shops.