Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2004, 22:19   #1

My car has done 55K kms and i need to change. Currently it has 175/70/R13 with steel rim. I want broader tyres (185/65/r13). What is recommended. Tubeless or with tube? The delear is insisting to go with tubeless, but i do not want as the rims are not in a very good shape (after doing 55K on India roads, i do not think that any steel rim would be in good shape). I wanted to put goodyear eagle f1 but the dealer advised either goodyear nct3 or ducaro. How about MRF. I do not want to spend a lot of money also as another year or so and car will be out.
Pankaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2004, 00:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Tubeless tyres work best on alloy rims. Steel rims tend to bend when they get hit and this can cause never ending problems if you're on tubeless tyres.

185/65 R 13 is a good upgrade size. Diff between the stock and these will be just -0.78%.

As for the tyre type, NCT3 is good for normal driving and ride comfort is good. The Eagle F1s are more performance oriented. You will have to make a choice between ride quality and handling before to make your decission.

Shan2nu
Old 17th November 2004, 00:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

I havent heard a lot of good reviews about the F1 as yet, theyre working well on larger sizes for skodas and all but donmt know about their performance on smaller cars although ill add they have more road noise as compared to other ones. And id definitely suggest tubeless on alloy rims too if your budget permits. MRf ive heard have improved a lot lately and might turn out good value for money, otherwise bridgestone is always there as an allrounder with decent grip and ride comfort...
Old 17th November 2004, 12:39   #4
Team-BHP Support

I think the best allrounder would be the Michellin Certis. The low-mid priced Bridgestones are terrible, so are MRF's. Haven't tried the NCT's yet though.

Rt
Old 17th November 2004, 13:38   #5
BHPian

yep i agree with rtec, ive got michellin certis 185/70/13 on my palio and its pretty grippy and not too noisey. ive done 30,000 km on my car and the tyres are still going strong and ive had just one puncture. got a nail stuck in the tyre. when i removed it the air began to escape, so promptly put it back and drove to hot tracks (from where i bought my tyres and alloys) and got it fixed. he used my tubless puncture kit. cost me 40 bucks for the puncture repair.
anoop
Old 18th November 2004, 21:22   #6

How abt Goodyears eagle ventura they are a good mix between performance and ride comfort ...looks good to check them out ...

Most Viewed