Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2007, 12:11   #46
BHPian

Thanks vikram. I knew i saw 205/55R15 rubber in your car. And you also mentioned that it doesnt touch the sidewalls. But now a novice question in query to vidyut's statement.

If i am jumping to 195 from 165, there would be a minor diff. in FE which i am ready to live up with, but what about acceleration, would it get affected? I also plan on K&N and FFE later, so can i get 205/55?

I meant to say that if there is a drop in acceleration, it would also be present in 195/60. And i dont think there would be too much diff in acceleration between 195/60 and 205/55? Am i right?

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 4th May 2007 at 12:12.
Old 4th May 2007, 12:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

Upsized tyres will not hamper acceleration much. The drop will be so small that you will not even notice it. Yes you are right when you say that it will not be much difference between 195/60 and 205/55. You can comfortably go ahead for 205/55.
Old 9th March 2008, 22:59   #48

Hello Guys

Been a long time since i posted in Team BHP, as usual i have a query or feel like putting something extra in my car and as always, will never do it without a suggestion from this site.

I have a swift Vxi ( azure grey ) , and I feel really pity on her as well as myself that i cant even provide her decent alloy wheels, I must say those wheel caps look pathetic and not to forget those downsized tyres.

Since I am under budget ( again as always ), I am thinking of the most economical way out. Planning to give her the least i can, i.e some second hand OE Swift alloys or aftermarket 14" alloy ( but again i thought OE's will be cheaper) . So, would want an idea on how much that would cost and any place in Bangalore where it would be available.
Old 16th March 2008, 22:39   #49

Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I have noticed a lot of people giving valuable advice to each other relating to their cars. Well, I guess i am in the right place for some good advice.

I have just bought a new swift Lxi and would like to up size to 16" wheels(lenso's preferably) with a good set of tires( 205's). How much would such an upgrade cost? My budget for tires and wheels( set of 5 ) is 50,000( can be extended to 60,000). Will this upsize affect my ride quality drastically(I am ready to compromise moderately on the ride) ? Or will it prove harmful to my car? Also do recommend a good tyre brand( looking for tyres that can last long and give good grip).One last question guys, does anyone know how much a set of 15" or 16" o.z's would cost?(regardless of my budget).....
Old 16th March 2008, 22:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephil007 View Post
Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I have noticed a lot of people giving valuable advice to each other relating to their cars. Well, I guess i am in the right place for some good advice.

I have just bought a new swift Lxi and would like to up size to 16" wheels(lenso's preferably) with a good set of tires( 205's). How much would such an upgrade cost? My budget for tires and wheels( set of 5 ) is 50,000( can be extended to 60,000). Will this upsize affect my ride quality drastically(I am ready to compromise moderately on the ride) ? Or will it prove harmful to my car? Also do recommend a good tyre brand( looking for tyres that can last long and give good grip).One last question guys, does anyone know how much a set of 15" or 16" o.z's would cost?(regardless of my budget).....
16" would be the best compromise between looks and ride quality.It will upset your ride quality a bit,but if you go slow over potholes and speedbrakers,you shouldn't feel a thing.

Last edited by theMAG : 16th March 2008 at 22:57. Reason: Post Edited. No presales/sales activities on open forums
Old 16th March 2008, 23:00   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Can anyone list the mainstream manufacturers (no Chinese/Apollo makes) that offer 195/60 15 tyres that are easily available in India? Thanks.
Old 16th March 2008, 23:02   #52

Hey thanks a lot, any idea on how much those o.z's would cost?
Old 16th March 2008, 23:10   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Can anyone list the mainstream manufacturers (no Chinese/Apollo makes) that offer 195/60 15 tyres that are easily available in India? Thanks.
Thats the stock corolla size,everybrand should be having a tire in that size.
Old 16th March 2008, 23:28   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Thats the stock corolla size,everybrand should be having a tire in that size.
Only potenza RE88 which the corolla has. Very poor tyres. Other choice is michelin pilot primacy but not officially sold here. Available as grey. MC Mayank is running these on his swift.

Yoko AFAIK does not have any in that size.
Old 16th March 2008, 23:34   #55
BHPian

Quote:

I'm guessing 15" or 16" o.z.'s would start somewhere around 80,000 to 90,000 (as available in India.. they're cheaper elsewhere). O.z.s are nice, but I dont think they're quite appropriate for a Swift. It would be be similar to installing marble flooring in a tent or wearing a rolex with shorts and hawaii chappals. And any of the performance advantages of those wheels would not be felt in a sub 100 bhp car so you'd just be buying them for the name and (though this is subjective) design.

Lenso, Prestige, HR are all good wheels to put on a Swift. Do let me know if you find something nice. I too am looking to replace the stock alloys on my Swift with 16" wheels. 205/50/R16 is a good upsize I believe.
Old 16th March 2008, 23:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Only potenza RE88 which the corolla has. Very poor tyres. Other choice is michelin pilot primacy but not officially sold here. Available as grey. MC Mayank is running these on his swift.

Yoko AFAIK does not have any in that size.
Oh,I really never knew that.Would expect tire companies to offer aftermarket options for such cars ..
Old 16th March 2008, 23:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Michelin Energy MXV8
Yokohama ES100
Apollo Aceleres
Bridgestone Potenza RE88
Old 17th March 2008, 09:05   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
I'm guessing 15" or 16" o.z.'s would start somewhere around 80,000 to 90,000 (as available in India.. they're cheaper elsewhere). O.z.s are nice, but I dont think they're quite appropriate for a Swift. It would be be similar to installing marble flooring in a tent or wearing a rolex with shorts and hawaii chappals. And any of the performance advantages of those wheels would not be felt in a sub 100 bhp car so you'd just be buying them for the name and (though this is subjective) design.

Lenso, Prestige, HR are all good wheels to put on a Swift. Do let me know if you find something nice. I too am looking to replace the stock alloys on my Swift with 16" wheels. 205/50/R16 is a good upsize I believe.
Hey thanks for those price lists.....Yes I agree, a set of o.z would be pretty inappropriate for a swift.

Definately will let you know if i get a hold of some good wheels.
Old 17th March 2008, 13:32   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Hey thanks a lot, any idea on how much those o.z's would cost?
MP - A set of 4 15" OZ's costs around 50k in India through their authorised dealers "Methods". 16" would cost a little more. Given your budget I don't think it'll work as the tyres are also going to cost you at least around 16-20k if not more.

Best upsize options in 15"s are 195/60 R15 or 205/55 R15. In 16" the best option is 205/55 R16.

MAG - 195/60 is available in various brands as KP has pointed out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks