Team-BHP - Maxxis Tyres opens its first factory in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maxxis Tyres opens its first factory in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/196703-maxxis-tyres-opens-its-first-factory-india.html)

Maxxis Rubber India - a Maxxis Group company, has launched its first manufacturing facility in Sanand, Gujarat. The plant was inaugurated by Mr. Vijaybhai Rupani, Chief Minister, Gujarat in the presence of Maxxis Group Chairman Mr. Tsai-Jen Lo, President of India Operations Mr. Cheng-Yao Liao and Spokesperson Mr. Jia-Ciao Liou.

Maxxis Tyres opens its first factory in India-maxxis-rubber-india.jpg

The company has invested Rs. 2,640 crore in the new facility that is spread across 106 acres. It currently employs 600 people but the workforce is expected to grow to 2,000 within 5 years. The plant will churn out tyres and tubes for 2-wheelers and has a capacity to produce 20,000 tyres and 40,000 tubes per day. With this, the company aims to increase its market share in India to 15% within the next 5 years.

Maxxis is the OEM tyre supplier for Honda 2-wheelers, Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra, Tata and Jeep in India. The company will initially also export to South Africa, with other countries in the Middle East and Africa to follow.

Link to Team-BHP News

About Maxxis:

Maxxis Tyres opens its first factory in India-maxxis.jpg

Website URL: https://maxxistyres.in/

I've never seen a car come from the showroom with Maxxis tyres. Which cars from the above brands come shod with Maxxis tyres from the factory?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalsa777 (Post 4368247)
I've never seen a car come from the showroom with Maxxis tyres. Which cars from the above brands come shod with Maxxis tyres from the factory?

Nissan Micra came with Maxxis tires as OE fitment sometimes back. I couldn't recall the other brands / models but remember seeing them on some TATA vehicle.

Always happy to see more & more companies investing in India :thumbs up. Want to sell it here? Build it here.

Hope they also launch a range for 4x4s. Some of the Maxxis models are very popular in the offroading community.

For passenger cars, I expect them to target the lower end of the food chain (in price & performance). Not a brand I'd consider for any of my regular cars, but I might for the Jeep.

Quote:

I've never seen a car come from the showroom with Maxxis tyres.

Have seen a Bolero with OEM Maxxis tyres.

Four wheeler tyres will still be imported I guess. This is a two wheeler tyre factory.

Quote:

My Bolero DI came with Maxxis 751’s from the factory

There are no more 4x4 Maxxis tyres imported. I was hoping it will be made in India.

Anyhow, Maxxis ruled the 4x4 segment, and better players are yet to dominate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcat (Post 4368388)
Four wheeler tyres will still be imported I guess. This is a two wheeler tyre factory.

With the larger ticket sizes, I'm sure that 4-wheeler tyres will follow soon. There's no reason for Maxxis not to, considering their global range and that Maxxis 4-wheeler tyres are already available in the market.

Maxxis rolls out first shipment of 2-wheeler tyres for Honda

Maxxis India inaugurated its first production facility at Sanand, Gujarat in March 2018. Now, the first shipment of 2-wheeler tyres has rolled out of the factory, which will be supplied to Honda.

Maxxis Tyres opens its first factory in India-ed-hmsirolloutpicture.png

The Gujarat plant produces 2-wheeler tyres for the Honda Activa 5G, Activa i and Dio. It has a production capacity of around 20,000 tyres and 40,000 tubes per day. The first tyre model (90/100-10 M6000) is manufactured locally using raw materials sourced from the local market.

Maxxis aims to supply 1 million tyres to OEM partners by 2023 and is targeting to capture at least 15% market share in India's 2-wheeler segment by this time. The company is also planning to export locally manufactured tyres to South Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Further, it aims to setup 5 more plants in India and produce 4-wheeler tyre as well.

Link to Team-BHP News

Maxxis is doing very well in the 4x4 vehicles, typically MT tyres. Hope they bring competetive good quality AT tyres for 4 wheelers as well as AT tyres are more in demand.