Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 14:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Gaurav, 185/60 R14 would be ideal. Anything more and it will foul with wheel well/suspension. I once tried 195s and had to go back to 185s. You have a wide variety to choose from. For handling/acceptable tyre noise, Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs are a good option. Goodyear F1s look good and perform well, but can be a bit noisy. Yokohama for ultimate performance.
Old 27th September 2007, 00:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Gaurav, 185/60 R14 would be ideal. Anything more and it will foul with wheel well/suspension. I once tried 195s and had to go back to 185s. You have a wide variety to choose from. For handling/acceptable tyre noise, Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs are a good option. Goodyear F1s look good and perform well, but can be a bit noisy. Yokohama for ultimate performance.
Thanks!!!!! Perfect......so now I know what tyres my beast is gona have in the next tyre change.....a good 185/60 Yokohama.....thanks for sharing this!!!!
Old 27th September 2007, 01:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

GIII's are rather noisy & the Goodyear Eagle series is absolute crap. There are much better options available in the sizes you want at similar prices.
Old 27th September 2007, 10:16   #19
BHPian

Met a Ford Sales guy today and discussed the same with him. He says upsizing would breach insurance policy.....I tried to convince him by saying would it affect my insurance if I get an MP3 instead of the CD Player..........but in convincing him I am myself getting scared now.......any suggestions!
Old 27th September 2007, 10:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_diavolo View Post
Met a Ford Sales guy today and discussed the same with him. He says upsizing would breach insurance policy.....I tried to convince him by saying would it affect my insurance if I get an MP3 instead of the CD Player..........but in convincing him I am myself getting scared now.......any suggestions!
Purre, unadulterated Bull ****! That's what this guy is talking about. Don't worry about the upgrade on my last 3 cars & have taken Insurance claims many times with absolutely no problems anywhere.
Old 27th September 2007, 14:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

I cosign Iraghava's statement.
Old 5th October 2007, 20:25   #22
BHPian

Guys !! So i go for 185/60? or 185/65? They have to be 14 inchers.
And what brand?
Can anyone tell me where to find Yokohamas in Hyderabad?
And alloys?? i like the Plati M6 replicas in black machined.

Lol !! i ve been waiting and waiting...and when i finally get my car done..this post would be more relieved than me.
By the way..am going for a K&N filter and Remus exhaust this month. i d still park the alloy/tyre combo coz i d need your expert advise.So HELP !!

Last edited by young_icon : 5th October 2007 at 20:32. Reason: forgot to add some details
Old 8th October 2007, 10:41   #23
BHPian

Hi Young Icon,

I am sure your Ikon comes with stock 13" and upsizing would hit on your warranty which may be till aug 2008 in your case.

Check out the alloys which come with exact PCD settings Plati, league are good but they have multi pcd's and wheel guy has to do some trials to set it.

Ikon has 108 PCD unlike most in its segments are on 100 PCD.

I have got my Ikon Neo 12 spoke wheels check my gallery under my label.

Deal with Ashoka wheels on Minister road the guy here Ritesh is genuine and have good knowledge of WHEELS AND TYRES.

He is the main dealer for Neo, League, Plati too in Hyd.( you can fit them and try out here...

On the tyres front, I suggest F1's are cool but noise is somthing a part of it and so is the case with most perfromance tyres.

Check out Michelin XM1 energy they are very good and practical for indian cars, less noise, good grip. Ashoka wheels is a dealer for Bridgstone, Michelines too..
Old 8th October 2007, 10:44   #24
BHPian

Young Icon,

let me know the cost for K & N and exhaust, there fitting charges...

Let me know where you are purchasing your k & n, there is an authorised k & n delaer in hyd as listed on KN website.

Cheers!!!
Old 8th October 2007, 18:34   #25
BHPian

Do you know of a shop called "racing unlimited"?
he is the one who deals with performance mods in hyd(you can check his ads in auto mags).Dunno of anyone else who has good knowledge here.
K&ns,Pipercross, Konis, superchargers and aftermarket exhausts.
I had a talk with the guy a month back.
He also has a website address but the site is non existent.
Would get in touch with him in a couple of days and then would let u know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
Young Icon,

let me know the cost for K & N and exhaust, there fitting charges...

Let me know where you are purchasing your k & n, there is an authorised k & n delaer in hyd as listed on KN website.

Cheers!!!
Old 9th October 2007, 09:16   #26
BHPian

Sounds good Ansh,

Where is this racing unlimited, looks heard of this name.? by the way have you got ur Ikon from Mody or Fortune?

My Ikon is from Mody.

Moderator's Note: Thread closed. Please post your queries in this thread - Ford Ikon : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th June 2015 at 08:53.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed