Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2018, 17:56   #1
BHPian

Tata Nexon : Tyre & Wheel upgrade thread

Hello All,

I am a soon to be owner of the Tata Nexon, XZA+ (R16, 215/60) and couldn't find any thread on the Tyre / Wheel upgrade, hence creating one for the benefit of all owners.

Quote from Official Review Thread.

"Snazzy 16” black and silver machine cut alloy wheels shod with 215/60 Goodyear Excellence tyres fill up the wheel wells. It's so nice to see a well-tyred car. 4 lugnut wheels versus the Vitara Brezza's 5. Lower variants also get 16" rims, but in the 195/60 size".

"Flared wheel arches stick out a long way. Thankfully, the wheel-tyre combination does a fair job in filling them up:"

"The 215/60 R16 Goodyear Excellence tyres provide fair grip levels. The Nexon holds onto its line well and doesn't understeer easily."

Pic from the official review thread.
Tata Nexon : Tyre & Wheel upgrade thread-2017tatanexon30.jpg

Also relevant threads I could find on R16, 215/60 Goodyear excellence tyres.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-feedback.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...de-thread.html

As noted in official review, the car does not seem under tired. However above threads have given neutral to negative feedback about Goodyear Excellence. Looking for Tyres upgrade options. My usage is mixed between good and bad roads, paved , unpaved, city and village roads. No chance of off-roading however our roads are pretty challenging courses themselves

@Mods, Please feel to add /edit / move as appropriate.
charanreddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 18:22   #2
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon : Tyre & Wheel upgrade thread

Update :

Based on what I read through in a couple of other threads, primacy 3 ST seemed to be a good alternative to the Good Year Excellence Stock tyres.. However, I called up a famous Tyre Dealer and he quoted Rs 9.5K per tyre and only Rs 3K Exchange for the Good Year Excellence.. So almost 6.5K extra per tyre.

Experts, please let me know if its worth it.. Am I better off running stock tires for 30K Kms and then changing with close to Zero buy back or exchanging right now ?

Last edited by charanreddy : 16th June 2018 at 18:24.
charanreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 18:54   #3
Team-BHP Support

re: Tata Nexon : Tyre & Wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
please let me know if its worth it.. Am I better off running stock tires for 30K Kms and then changing with close to Zero buy back or exchanging right now ?
Try other shops, the buy back value isn't worth. In case you have not taken delivery, ask the dealership to take away the tires and compensate you in some form which should be win win. Big ASC's usually stock tires and they charge a premium for OE [brand] from customers [case in point Toyota ASC's for the Dunlop tires for Fortuner]

I will recommend the Yokohama Geolanders/Michelin Primacy SUV or Continental Cross Contact AT's.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th June 2018 at 18:57.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 10:07   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Nexon : Tyre & Wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Based on what I read through in a couple of other threads, primacy 3 ST seemed to be a good alternative to the Good Year Excellence Stock tyres.. However, I called up a famous Tyre Dealer and he quoted Rs 9.5K per tyre and only Rs 3K Exchange for the Good Year Excellence.. So almost 6.5K extra per tyre.
The Primacy 3 ST tyres are far better, but is the upgrade worth 25 grand more? I don't think so.

Try shopping around and see if you get a better exchange for your old tyres. If yes, swap. If not, use them till 30,000 - 35,000 km and then upgrade.

One reason for you getting such a low price is there aren't many cars which have a 215/60 R16 size. So it will be slow moving inventory at the dealer level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I will recommend the Yokohama Geolanders/Michelin Primacy SUV or Continental Cross Contact AT's.
I wouldn't. Why give all-terrain tyres to a car which is in effect a raised hatchback meant primarily for on-road driving?
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 13:00   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

One reason for you getting such a low price is there aren't many cars which have a 215/60 R16 size. So it will be slow moving inventory at the dealer level.

I wouldn't. Why give all-terrain tyres to a car which is in effect a raised hatchback meant primarily for on-road driving?
Precisely why I was recommending AT's as there are few HT tires in that size, while Yokohama and Continental might be a bit too hardcore, Primacy SUV is a very good compromise IMHO.

And if anyone asks, I recommend AT or heck, MT's. Jeep genes you see

Though yeah, something from Michelin is good if one gets a good buy back.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 13:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi.

Nexon stock tyres are 215/60/R16. Are there negatives of using 215/65/R16 ? I love the tread pattern of conti cross contact AT and good year wrangler AT.

Thoughts please
Old 31st July 2021, 19:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Hi.

Nexon stock tyres are 215/60/R16. Are there negatives of using 215/65/R16 ? I love the tread pattern of conti cross contact AT and good year wrangler AT.

Thoughts please
Difference in rolling radius is around 3%. Also the Nexon wheel arches are commodious enough to take this slightly higher aspect ratio. The speedometer will under read a bit, if the Vehicle Speed Sensor is not recalibrated, ditto the odo readings.
Actually the stock Nexon tyres are below average, specially the Goodyears. With its good ground clearance and for the diesel Nexon, the pleasing torque levels, a good set of AT tyres may make take the Nexon pretty further off road before giving up.
Old 12th March 2022, 00:12   #8
BHPian

Quick update: after 3 years and 9 months , 47K KMS changed all 4 tires to continental UC R16 215/60 today. Initial impressions are good. On my way back from the shop, found tires to have good grip, less noise , however a long drive is pending.

Had almost finalised Michelin Primacy 4 ST but backed off as these are imports and their continued supply is not guaranteed.

Costed 8900 per tire + alignment and balancing expenses. Paid a bit on the higher side but traded a little more money for saving some time.
charanreddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 22:29   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Quick update: after 3 years and 9 months , 47K KMS changed all 4 tires to continental UC R16 215/60 today. Initial impressions are good. On my way back from the shop, found tires to have good grip, less noise , however a long drive is pending.
How is it holding up? I had suggested continental UC6 to one of my friends. I am keen on the braking improvements offered by UC6.
Old 24th February 2023, 13:11   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
How is it holding up? I had suggested continental UC6 to one of my friends. I am keen on the braking improvements offered by UC6.
Very well so far. Highly recommended.

The tyre spin which I faced when starting has completely gone and the car feels more planted around bends. Have not faced any issue in rains as well.

Braking is also very good.
charanreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 22:12   #11

How is the noise level post running? My Nexon has stock Goodyear tyres, having clocked ~55k km and currently has high road noise. There is still ~2mm tread life left as per wear indicator.
Apart from the noise, the tyre has aged well with no issues faced whatsoever.
My usage is 60% good roads + 40% bad roads.

Current dilema :
1. Bridgestone vs Continental UC 6
Has the noise level in conti increased after usage?
How they hold up with indian roads.

2. How prone are they to damage? Avoiding Michelin for their infamous side cuts and tyre failure on bad roads

3. Warranty support
Bridgestone gives unconditional warranty vs Continental has regular warranty
Old 31st July 2023, 01:41   #12
BANNED

hello, Can someone please share the Offset(?) and PCD(?) for Nexon EV Max? The currect available specs in manual are as below:

6.5J X 16, 5H (can be seen visually on the wheels).

Thanks.
Old 31st July 2023, 17:58   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmonkey View Post
Can someone please share the Offset(?) and PCD(?) for Nexon EV Max?
Nexon has a 108x4 PCD.
Old 31st July 2023, 18:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA-driver View Post
Nexon has a 108x4 PCD.
Doesn't Nexon EV Max have 5 lug nuts?
The rear wheel stub axle and hub carrier is different as it has rear disc brakes.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 18:58   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Doesn't Nexon EV Max have 5 lug nuts?
Hello,

Thanks for pointing it out, I got confused between the regular EV & EV Max.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks