Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2020, 11:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Final update :

Changed MRF perfinza tyres after 30000 km
I usually change tyre a little bit early; so usable life is approximately 30-35k in my opinion

My final impressions regarding MRF Perfinza 205/55/R16

1. Excellent grip

2. wet road performance is good

3. Good ride quality

4. tyre noise [ especially during last 10000 km] is relatively on the higher side

5. Only two punctures during entire 30000 km of ownership [ both of them during last 2000 km]

6. Durability is good/side wall is strong . I travel a lot on bad roads with large potholes.

Overall a very good alternative to Michelin Primacy series considering the price advantage [ they are 20% cheaper]

Note: I have changed back to stock size [195/55/R16] and Michelin XM2 tyres now. Very happy with Michelins after 14000 km
DrANTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 22:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
My daily drive is a Hyundai Elite i20 CRDI Asta (option). I bought my car in March 2017 and covered 38000 km during last 15 months. Elite i20 is a good car which strikes a good balance betweenquality,style,comfort,features,power and reliability.
Hello, thanks for your review. There are a couple of things that I want your help with.
1. How do you address the Tyre wear on the inside grip.(perfinza being asymmetric) which tends to occur due to poor road conditions and once the inside wear sets in there is no stopping it.
2. I m thinking of going for perfinza for my rapid and spoke to a MRF Tyre shop alignment guy (he is highly skilled and a honest guy and he has developed a huge loyal customer base) and in our conversation he said his customers like to have Tyre life over performance and he prefers symmetric grip over asymmetric as he can properly rotate them during regular alignment. So how do you go about choosing the asymmetric perfinza over symmetric tyres

Last edited by bblost : 13th February 2020 at 22:07. Reason: Reduced the size of quoted post.
Laidbackakki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 00:13   #33
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laidbackakki View Post
So how do you go about choosing the asymmetric perfinza over symmetric tyres
Hi - welcome to the forum.

I haven't thought too much about the pattern, I think it is asymmetric but not directional. All symmetric tyres also have an inside and and outside clearly marked, which is not wise to flip too.

I'd also think if tyres have uneven wear on the inside, it should have very little to do with road quality but mostly alignment.

In the last 2 decades, I've only found 1 shop for alignment which actually aligns that too only because of equipment.
SLK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2020, 03:34   #34
BHPian

How would you compare the perfinzas to the XM2s in terms of comfort, noise and performance?
Im looking for a good set of shoes for my '13 EcoSport which has the stiffest suspension out of all its model years. TIA

Last edited by Taha Mir : 9th May 2020 at 03:36. Reason: Error quoting
Old 9th May 2020, 06:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
How would you compare the perfinzas to the XM2s in terms of comfort, noise and performance?
Im looking for a good set of shoes for my '13 EcoSport which has the stiffest suspension out of all its model years. TIA
Hey,

I too have faced this dilemma. Deciding between the two was really a tough choice for me. After going through many reviews, personal interactions, and dealer discussions (6 if I remember properly), I made a choice to go for the XM2s. Trust me, these soak in the roads like nothing I'd ever experienced before. My Elite i20, after the replacement of front suspensions and both the dead axle bushes, feels like riding on Aladdin's carpet on wheels. The XM2s are great shoes if one can afford to pay a premium on purchase and maintenance both.

Last edited by Dinesh_Malhotra : 9th May 2020 at 06:27.
Dinesh_Malhotra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2020, 09:19   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Having used both personally, here is my opinion -

XM2s have a little better ride than perfinza but have soft sidewalls and really prone to puncture. They were a real headache because of the puncture issue and finally a sidewall damage in one of the tyre made me change them.

Perfinzas are best balance of everything(ride, noise, grip, strength and comfort) and I would highly recommend them.
ank.nsit is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 10:25   #37
BHPian

Request opinion on how these tyre fare in comparison to Continental ContiMaxContact MC5?
Old 29th June 2020, 19:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

I have shortlisted these in 195/65 R15 size for my Altis in a few months time. It was between this and Yokohama BluEarth AE-50. But having read the reviews here, I am inclined towards the Perfinza's. Their pricing too seems rather reasonable, I have been quoted INR 5.5K per tire at my local MRF store.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 23:35   #39
BHPian

I am looking to change the tyres on my 2012 honda city which are currently running on yoko c drives (195/60/R15) bought new along with the car.

I have been reading up on the perfinzas and they seem to generally have good reviews. But the tyre dealer where I normally purchase tyres for both the family cars does not have stock of perfinzas. This guy is generally very keen on selling yokohamas and is insisting me to go for the blueearths @ 5400. I checked with a local mef dealer near my house who is quoting 5800 for the perfinzas and is not willing to negotiate at all. I think the rates seem to be on the higher side. I tried some other shops as well but nobody seems to be stocking perfinzas (apparently due to supply side issues from Chennai).

I primarily have 2 questions.
- should i choose the perfinza over the blueearths by paying 1600 extra? I already have the yokos installed on the jazz in the same size and satisfied with the tyres.
- is the price quoted by the mrf dealer fair?
Old 7th August 2020, 13:48   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
I primarily have 2 questions.
- should i choose the perfinza over the blueearths by paying 1600 extra? I already have the yokos installed on the jazz in the same size and satisfied with the tyres.
In my opinion, the Perfinzas are superior. They felt they were on par with my Advan Sport(which I used immediately after the Perfinza).

The price, the MRP is some 6000 or something I guess. So, the price seems to be fair.

You may be able to get it cheaper elsewhere but given the on-ground difficulties everyone is facing, it may be difficult. At the end of the day, if you want a tyre and it's only available in one place, you may not have much of a choice.

Whether the Perfinzas are worth Rs400 (or less than 10%) more than the Yokohamas, it's difficult to say as everyone's use is different and everyone's opinion and experience is different. Personally, I would go for it.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 08:12   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
I am looking to change the tyres on my 2012 honda city which are currently running on yoko c drives (195/60/R15) bought new along with the car.

This guy is generally very keen on selling yokohamas and is insisting me to go for the blueearths @ 5400. I checked with a local mef dealer near my house who is quoting 5800 for the perfinzas and is not willing to negotiate at all. I think the rates seem to be on the higher side.

In July 2020, I got the exact sized Perfinza installed on my GT @ 5400 per tyre and that too without any negotiation. So look around more for a better price. I chose these over Primacy mainly due to availability issues. The good part if that I got June mfg tyre in July month. I have never driven Michelin tyres and so cannot compare it with them. However, I feel the noise of MRF is same as the Goodyear stock tyres I had on my Polo. Another issue which I see is that stones get stuck in the grooves of the tyres. Not sure how much does it affect the balancing. But as I said, I don't have much experience with other brands to comment on the goodness of Perfinza. I chose them due to availability and tbhp members review of them.

There is one thing which happened with me post Perfinza which I want to highlight. After driving about 1000 km on highway with the Perfinza, my Polo starting giving strong shudder in steering wheel on hard braking from 60+ speed. I got it checked with local FNG and as expected, the discs required to be skimmed to remove uneven wear. I had got the discs and brake pads replaced just 10 months/7000 km ago from VW service centre and hence I was even more surprised. The mechanic said it might be because of a stone getting stuck between disc and pads. The skimming has cured the issue completely but now I am worried about the root cause. Is it possible that the threads of MRF which seems to be a stone magnet have lead to many stones flying around in the wheel well and one of them got stuck in the brakes? Is this a plausible cause? If yes, then it is sure to repeat. Or am I overthinking?

And then the conversation (VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread) with the workshop executive which lead to MRF calling the dealer and dealer calling me. Tbhp is monitored by everyone

Last edited by manish84 : 25th August 2020 at 08:16. Reason: Added URL
manish84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 09:24   #42
BHPian

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to ask this but I had a question in mind which I wanted some advice with.

If I have stock tyres of 175/60/R15 with alloys and if I want to uograde the tyres to 195/185 profile tyres, will the stock alloys work with them or I have to change them.

This is regards to a new car requiring an instant tyre upgrade just out of the showroom. Thanx in advance.
Old 2nd September 2020, 09:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to ask this but I had a question in mind which I wanted some advice with.

If I have stock tyres of 175/60/R15 with alloys and if I want to uograde the tyres to 195/185 profile tyres, will the stock alloys work with them or I have to change them.

This is regards to a new car requiring an instant tyre upgrade just out of the showroom. Thanx in advance.
Yes, you can upgrade to 185 or 195 on the same rims.

Just see that you get the closest in terms of overall dimensions to the stock 175 size. Which car is this for?

You can use the tyre comparison link to check for differences between sizes.

https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:10   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Yes, you can upgrade to 185 or 195 on the same rims.

Just see that you get the closest in terms of overall dimensions to the stock 175 size. Which car is this for?

You can use the tyre comparison link to check for differences between sizes.

https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/
Thank you very much. The car I'm talking about here is the Tata Tigor XZ+. Even the top trim comes with shoddy 175 mm tyres so thought of upgrading it.
Thanx for your reply. Really appreciate your help.
Old 28th September 2020, 23:15   #45
BHPian

I am thinking of going for the perfinza for my swift zxi and Honda CR-V. Mine is a combination of city and highway driving over bad roads too. My other options are Bridgestone or Yokohama.
I don’t want to spend too much as my running is not that much. Good grip low road noise and fewer punctures are essential.
Should I go for mrf? I have never used them before. I have used mostly Michelin before but in my experience they get punctured quite frequently.

Most Viewed