Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 14:48   #91
BHPian

Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Thanks @shankar.balan & @RubberGuru113,

Confirmed MRF does not make 255/40-50/ R18 tyres. As rightly pointed out, the closest they make is 255/35/R18 but the index and speed rating is much lower, only suitable for regular cars(as told by SA at Madhu's). So Perfinza is ruled out.

Spoke to Mohsin of Madhu's and he is of the opinion that it would be risy to increase the sidewall height by switching to 225-255/45/R18 instead of 40 since the space is just enough for the existing set up. Also, uniform sized tyres is ruled out since the rear alloys are wider. So, I have to stick to the current tyre sizes, else downsize to R17 alloys which I would prefer not too, as these alloys look very sporty and I kind of like them. Mohsin is checking the availability of PS4's and should get back to me shortly.

Btw @shankar.balan, I have taken your reference with Mohsin.

Thanks again.
Pkumarblore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 23:12   #92
Senior - BHPian

My dad in law was looking to upgrade his pre owned Honda City which came with Bridgestone tyres. Based on the recommendations here, had asked him to get perfinzas. They have totally transformed the car. Ride quality earlier was marginally worse than my indica with continental cc5, and now it's better than my etios with stock Goodyear dpb1. I'm thinking I'll upgrade my etios to these amazing tyres soon!
Old 10th March 2023, 15:57   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaster View Post
Decided to go with MRF Perfinza so reached out to a popular multi-brand tyre dealer over the phone, and within 5 minutes got the response about availability & price. Got freshly baked - 40/22 tyre for 7100.

The price at which you got seems to be the best deal. Would you mind sharing the dealer details?

Also, what is your long term experience on the Perfinzas?
Old 11th March 2023, 07:58   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jna4cob View Post
The price at which you got seems to be the best deal. Would you mind sharing the dealer details?

Also, what is your long term experience on the Perfinzas?
Due to my personal situations, recently I have to make lot of highway trips.
Crossed 8k with Perfinza in short time, below are my observations
  • Tyre noise still remains muted, no complains on noise.
  • Ride is comfortable, has softer edge to it, not much difference between Conti and Perfinza.
  • Grip and breaking are predictable, haven’t faced any situation warranting more grip.
  • No punctures so far, touchwood.
  • One more bonus point is steering feel. S-Cross 1.6 comes with heavy steering and I felt after Perfinza steering feel is almost perfect. Lighter in city speeds and have good heft on highways. It’s not comparable to Hyundai like feather light its more of Figo/Fiesta heaviness I’m referring to.

Perfinza is one of the underrated tyre in our market. Its an absolute value for the money tyre when compared to other brands. Only question mark remains is about longevity, if I can extract 30-35k mileage on current sets, I’m going back to Perfinza

I bought Tyre from
Parimalam Tyre Agencies (PTA)
167, 2C, Perundurai Rd, opp. to Lee/Wrangler showroom, Erode
Tyre Size : 205/60/R16
Price : 7100 per tyre , inclusive of GST

Reach out to Sanjay - 978697717 owner of the shop. He might remember me, during our discussion he was insisting on Conti and suggesting that it’s a downgrade moving from Conti to Perfinza. Once I explained my reasoning, he immediately arranged for Perfinza.
rainmaster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 14:53   #95
Oxy
BHPian

I got these for my Baleno today (size 195/55 R16) after 49000 kms on the odo with the stock Appolos.

But I think I got ripped off @ Rs.7800. Any idea how much this one is going for?
Oxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 12:32   #96

My Virtus’s one tyre got cut beyond repair and I am unable to find the MRF Ecotred 205/55/R16 anywhere in Raipur. The MRF dealer is recommending me to get the Perfinza with same size. My car is just 8 months old and has only done 7000Kms. Is it worth getting just one different tyre? Or should I look further and get the Ecotred only? Also he’s quoting ₹8500 for a single tyre.
Venkygupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 13:04   #97
BHPian

Got MRF Perfinza 195/60R15 installed on our 2014 Honda City iDTEC last week and already did 500+ Kms post tyre installation.

Felt these tyres are silent and also, at the same time, got impressed with the grip it offers after driving at 100 Kmph and, didn't feel any noise filtering into the cabin. Hope these will last for around 60k Kms just like Yokohama Earth-1 did.

Paid ₹24500 for these tyres including WA and WB.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 00:13   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkygupta View Post
My Virtus’s one tyre got cut beyond repair and I am unable to find the MRF Ecotred 205/55/R16 anywhere in Raipur. The MRF dealer is recommending me to get the Perfinza with same size. My car is just 8 months old and has only done 7000Kms. Is it worth getting just one different tyre? Or should I look further and get the Ecotred only? Also he’s quoting ₹8500 for a single tyre.
Don't just replace a single tyre. At least replace 2 tyres.

Having just 1 out of 4 of a different pattern will have issues while driving.

Best idea would be to rotate 2 of your old tyres to rear, add the 2 new tyres to front and keep the 3rd tyre as spare.
anshuman1117 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 00:17   #99
BHPian

Quote:
It's always recommended to not drive with tyres that have completely distinct treads. You could still do it if you're looking to save on additional expenditure but since it's still a new (sub 1 year) car, get all 4 changed. Also, do try the Continental CC6 instead of going back to MRFs, if in case you do go ahead with changing all fours.
If you do plan on getting only one replaced, do try to go for the Bridgestone B290's as the tread is the best match with Ecotreds where the Perfinza is a uni-directional tread.
Zinger_Winger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 07:38   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am unable to find the MRF Ecotred 205/55/R16 anywhere in Raipur. The MRF dealer is recommending me to get the Perfinza with same size. My car is just 8 months old and has only done 7000Kms. Is it worth getting just one different tyre? .
+1 to anshuman1117. Ideally 2 tires should be of the same tread/compound. Mind you, the Perfinza will be softer than the Ecotreds and you'll realise the difference dynamically depending on where you place the Perfinzas - The braking performance will be much superior when in front but it will go down when the Ecotreds are rotated to the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger_Winger View Post
Also, do try the Continental CC6 instead of going back to MRFs, if in case you do go ahead with changing all fours.
If you do plan on getting only one replaced, do try to go for the Bridgestone B290's as the tread is the best match with Ecotreds where the Perfinza is a uni-directional tread.
Honestly CC6 is the equivalent of Michelin XM2/ Apollo Alnac. Perfinza is slightly above Michelin Primacy 4ST and Continental UC6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Hope these will last for around 60k Kms just like Yokohama Earth-1 did.
They lasted us exactly 40k kms. Time to change. These soft tires are extremely sensitive to wheel alignment because if it goes off, it eats the tire. Learnt it the hard way.
Turbohead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 18:11   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Here's a 15k km update on the Perfinza.

These are the tires to go for if you prioritise grip and handling. Comfort and silence lovers will be better off with the Michelins.
The tires finally lasted 40k kms. Two of them hit the TWI while the other two were quite close to hitting the same. Thanks to the pandemic, these tires were the longest lasting pair in terms of time - 3.5 years and the rubber had started to harden. The sine wave groove on the tread had almost disappeared and the road noise was really high. But grip levels were still respectable and so was comfort to a large extent.

Honestly, the tires could've lasted more since the shock absorber and link rods had failed in between apart from messed up alignment.

Went around the market looking for UC6 since they're supposed to be similar but ended up taking the Perfinzas again due to the following reasons:
1) ₹5300 per tire - that's less than what I paid for in 2019. This honestly sealed the deal while UC6 was still retailing at ₹6200 for what is essentially in the same class.
2) Never had issues with grip till the end. Grip levels exceeded the limits of the car.
3) Sidewalls are robust and could take severe beatings. This was the primary reason I didn't want to try the Contis as they aren't known to be as strong as these MRFs.
4) Sidewall flex is well controlled.
Turbohead is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 17:29   #102
BHPian

It's good to see this thread pick up some steam; the Perfinzas surely deserve more exposure than they get - I am yet to see another car with Perfinzas.

I switched to Perfinzas for my XL6 a little over a year back after my OEM Bridgestones gave me serious heartaches - sidewall rupture, 3 punctures (one of them on an very smooth highway) and related mental stress before every journey... all this before the tyres had clocked 4500km!

I settled in for the Perfinzas thanks to inputs from Shankar.Balan and our common friend in MRF. I got four Perfinza tyres fitted at Grand Tyres, HSR Layout and got literally nothing for the OEM tyres

I have done over 18,000 km with the Perfinzas which includes butter smooth highways, bad ghat road sections (Chorla ghat sections) and some state and municipal roads. These tyres improved the ride quality significantly (I upgraded from 185/65/15 to 195/65/15 too), offers excellent grip even on very wet conditions, and are almost noiseless on road. They also seem built to last, and I believe these can clock 45k quite comfortably if taken care of - I make it a point to go back to Grand Tyres and get the rotation and alignment done every 5500km.

Here are a couple of pictures of the car with the tyres just after installation (the stance has improved also, I believe )
Attached Thumbnails
Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres-20220408_145429.jpeg  

Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres-20220408_145438.jpeg  

Jammy70 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 05:40   #103
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Here is some food for thought.
Well deserved too, I would say.
I am personally proud that an Indian Company like MRF has achieved this. Second only to Michelin! Thats indeed worth talking about.
(I am not connected to MRF, except as a paying consumer.)
Attached Thumbnails
Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres-1b0ce8e557e34853b6e25705c51a35ca.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 11:10   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
I got four Perfinza tyres fitted at Grand Tyres, HSR Layout and got literally nothing for the OEM tyres
I got Perfinzas for my City from the same place and got almost nothing for my tyres which had run only 19k. So, called up a used tyre dealer and asked him to pick it from there (which wasn't much either, but better than nothing :-)). I think no one wants the hassle of dealing with used tyres anymore.

They did the change quickly, but if I have to nitpick - they didn't align the valve with the dot on sidewall. Once I pointed it out, they gladly agreed to fix it though.

Coming to the Perfinzas, I upgraded for the sole purpose of improvement in ride quality and so far I don't notice much. :-(

Cross ref to Honda City Tyre thread (4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

Last edited by Su-47 : 28th June 2023 at 11:13.
Su-47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 23:56   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
I got Perfinzas for my City
Coming to the Perfinzas, I upgraded for the sole purpose of improvement in ride quality and so far I don't notice much. :-(
Update after about 3k kms:
- The car doesn't get unsettled over bad roads as easily it used to -- a bit more composed. I wouldn't call it plush (which is what I was hoping for). Perhaps I had unrealistic expectation that simply changing tyres will do wonders to a below-par suspension.
- I felt that the grip on the earlier tyres was sufficient and wasn't looking for more grip. These are grippier and the difference can be felt when taking a fast curve or in high-cross wind situations. I thought I didn't care about such things anymore, but these tyres managed to add an occasional half-smile.
- I was expecting the fuel efficiency to come down, but that hasn't happened so far.

Overall, I would say that Perfinzas are turning out to be quite good.
Su-47 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks