Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2012, 18:45   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: What are the best tyres for a Mitsubishi Pajero?

Grey market imports!
Old 27th May 2012, 12:20   #17
BHPian

re: What are the best tyres for a Mitsubishi Pajero?

aha.. thanks Nikhilb.. I had asked the folks to explain from the site to explain but have not heard from them till now..
Old 9th October 2012, 10:54   #18
BHPian

Need experience / advice - Tyres for Mitsubishi Pajero SFX

I am looking to replace my Pajero SFX tyres and did some research for that. The factory fitted MRF ZVRL did well initially. I have done North Bengal, Ladakh, Zanskar and other off road places with these tyres and completed around 30K kms in 10 months. But the front tyres have worn out more than the rear and I have had one tyre cut in 2 places in Ladakh, which I need to discard immediately (its working as my spare now with tube put inside). Side walls are reasonably good for MRF but issues with nails and punctures started after 15K.

My first choice was BF Goodrich A/T, but they are not available. Yoko and Michelin are not in my consideration because of reported weakness of their side walls in Indian mountain conditions. Second choice of Bridgestone Dueler A/T is also not available.
I do not have a lot of choices given the tyre size of 265/70 R15. So now I am kind of inclined to go with MRF ZVRL again (wanderer is not available in my size), when I came across Apollo Hawkz A/T and Continental tyres. All Terrain tyres with size 265/70 R15 is available with both these brands, but I am not considering continental given the lack of reviews and uncertainty with Indian / mountain road conditions.

Can someone help me to provide some concrete facts / experience that will help me choose between MRF ZVRL and Apollo Hawkz A/T.
Old 9th October 2012, 13:13   #19
BHPian

Re: Need experience / advice - Tyres for Mitsubishi Pajero SFX

I have not used MRF/ Apollo ones - so cannot comment on that.

On Michelin; I have replaced MRF stock tyres immediately after purchasing SFX with Michelin LC.

I have used Michelin in my innova for 55k kms before I sold - with another 5 to 10k life in it. In that entire 55k kms - never had side wall cuts and overall had about 8 to 10 punctures.

IMO Michelin's have superior side walls than others. Check out http://www.michelin.in/tyre/patternd.../LatitudeCross

Last edited by maheshramaling : 9th October 2012 at 13:18.
Old 9th October 2012, 16:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
On Michelin; I have replaced MRF stock tyres immediately after purchasing SFX with Michelin LC.

I have used Michelin in my innova for 55k kms before I sold - with another 5 to 10k life in it. In that entire 55k kms - never had side wall cuts and overall had about 8 to 10 punctures.
Thanks for your response "maheshramaling". I will surely check on on Michelin LC once again.
One point is - I need the tyres to hold good when I drive down to the mountains and off roads. Can you please tell if you have used the Michelin LC in those kind of terrains.
Old 10th October 2012, 12:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debarshim View Post
Thanks for your response "maheshramaling". I will surely check on on Michelin LC once again.
One point is - I need the tyres to hold good when I drive down to the mountains and off roads. Can you please tell if you have used the Michelin LC in those kind of terrains.
I haven't yet ventured it to hardcore off roading/ mountain (like ladakh) and if everything falls in place - might take to Bhutan this year end!. But have taken my paj with LC to without any issues to following places;
  • agricultural fields in my village (i mean the fields itself!),
  • beaches of goa (i mean sand),
  • ooty via masinagudi (famous for nasty hair pin bends with less or no tarmac)
  • chennai to bangalore via Gudiyatham - Pernampet (outskirts) - V Kota (Venkatagirikota) - Bangarpet - Kolar. Good strech between V Kota and Bangarpet had almost no roads.
  • Apart from that plenty of regular highways and SH's.
Hope this helps.
maheshramaling is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 17:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't yet ventured it to hardcore off roading/ mountain (like ladakh) and if everything falls in place - might take to Bhutan this year end!. But have taken my paj with LC to without any issues to following places;
  • agricultural fields in my village (i mean the fields itself!),
  • beaches of goa (i mean sand),
  • ooty via masinagudi (famous for nasty hair pin bends with less or no tarmac)
  • chennai to bangalore via Gudiyatham - Pernampet (outskirts) - V Kota (Venkatagirikota) - Bangarpet - Kolar. Good strech between V Kota and Bangarpet had almost no roads.
  • Apart from that plenty of regular highways and SH's.
Hope this helps.
Thanks - That was helpful. I have checked with a couple of Michelin dealers today, they seem to suggest that LC has been stopped since last 4-5 months... not sure if that is true. However, I also checked out the Yoko once again. I liked the tyre like before and no doubts on its capabilities... My only concern remains the soft side (exactly the place where yokohama is written). Its about 1-1.5 inch of space on the side where there is no steel belt and is really soft. However bcoz of lack of options, I might have to go in for the Geolandar AT-S ones. Will keep you posted. Thanks for your feedback.
Old 10th October 2012, 19:07   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debarshim View Post
Thanks - That was helpful. I have checked with a couple of Michelin dealers today, they seem to suggest that LC has been stopped since last 4-5 months... not sure if that is true. However, I also checked out the Yoko once again. I liked the tyre like before and no doubts on its capabilities... My only concern remains the soft side (exactly the place where yokohama is written). Its about 1-1.5 inch of space on the side where there is no steel belt and is really soft. However bcoz of lack of options, I might have to go in for the Geolandar AT-S ones. Will keep you posted. Thanks for your feedback.
I picked up in Feb '12 in Bangalore. When I searched for Pajero SFX tyres in changemytyre.com - following is the result and LC is "Order on Request" http://changemytyre.com/MITSUBISHI/P...28-GLX-SFX/275. See if that helps.
Old 12th October 2012, 16:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I picked up in Feb '12 in Bangalore. When I searched for Pajero SFX tyres in changemytyre.com - following is the result and LC is "Order on Request" http://changemytyre.com/MITSUBISHI/P...28-GLX-SFX/275. See if that helps.
Yes, I saw that in "changemytyre". They are quoting a price of 9000+ though. I wanted to see and feel the tyre before I order them. Luckily a dealer over here has agreed to show them to me on request. Let me see if that works out. Will take a couple of days to work it out with the dealer and the pricing... Will let you know. Thanks for all your help sir.
Old 18th August 2014, 17:07   #25
BHPian

Re: What are the best tyres for a Mitsubishi Pajero?

Bumping a 2 year old thread since I've got to change the tires on my Pajero.

Anyone know of any dealer in the country that can get me a set of Continental Cross AT?
Size: LT 31x10.50 R 15 109S 6PR FR OWL

Changemytyre.com has and are selling CrossContact LX but are using images of the CrossContact AT... Very Naughty!!
Old 19th December 2017, 09:20   #26

EP tyres acceleration from indonesia

I want to change the tyres on my Pajero SFX 2800, while the right size should be 265 70 R15 , we had inadvertently put 235 65 R15 earlier. Now when am changing back, a tyre dealer of repute has suggested Ep 31 inch 10.5 tyres. Which is an Indonesian brand

Would appreciate any advice of this is a good idea pls.:
Old 29th January 2020, 19:31   #27

Re: What are the best tyres for a Mitsubishi Pajero?

Hi all, I have a SWB Mitsubishi Pajero, want some guidance whether I should upsize the tyres. Currently it has 265/70 R15. I also want to upsize the alloys, say 16" or 17", whatever is practical.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks