Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 27th January 2020, 12:00   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Based on some other threads on this forum, I was under the impression that it is advisable to change tires every 6 years irrespective of the tread/usage. This 10 years seems new to me - is it really safe to use Michelin Tires for 10 years?
Well, I too recall reading 7 years on the Michelin India website when I purchased my car tyres (P3ST). But obviously something has changed possibly the raw materials and design that lead to a longer service life. So, IMHO the answer for new or current production batches is 10 years. For older batches say >2 years old manufactured in 2017 or earlier stick to the 7 year cycle because we are not sure when Michelin changed their advisory.

DBHPian nikhilb2008 may be able to weigh in with his thoughts on this from an tyre industry professional's point of view.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 14:10   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

I have the Michelin Primacy 4 ST on the Linea in 205/55 R16 size. It has clocked about 14000 odd kms and looks absolutely fine. Have crashed into innumerable potholes and luckily the sidewall has not given up the ghost. One thing I noticed is that 4ST is slightly noisier than the 3ST.
Old 30th January 2020, 07:36   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Michelin recommends replacing the tyres when the tread wear indicator is visible or every 10 years whichever is earlier. How long does a tyre last?
That is unusual to be honest. Most tyre companies just want to promote more sales, so I was expecting them to revise it downwards!

I think like mentioned above, maybe there have been some changes and improvements in the materials used in manufacture of rubber, so Michelin is confident.

Personally, that is out of my comfort zone. If I see a 6 year old tyre on a friend's car, I will suggest a change.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 07:00   #139
BHPian

Hi, I’m getting an innova crysta 2.8 ZX with Bridgestone turanza. 215/55/r17, wondering if I should change to Michelin primacy 4st, would like to stick to stock size.
Old 12th February 2020, 22:15   #140

Default Re: Michelin Primacy 4 ST Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
Hi,
[...]I am changing the tires on my verna fluidic soon. Will go for 195/55/16 size. [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
[...] Unfortunately you won't get this in 195/55 R16. [...]

Just wanted to update that I spotted 195/55 R16 (91V) as an available size for Primacy 4 ST at the Michelin India website.

(https://www.michelin.in/auto/tyres/m...n-primacy-4-st)

This feels as good news for the i20 Asta, top-variant Verna, Baleno and Polo (and maybe more models, I'm not sure).
AravindJose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 18:40   #141
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I recently upgraded to the Michelin Primacy 4ST and extremely happy with switch to Primacy.
Hello sir,

Any update on the tires? I am looking for tire change and considering these tires but i am concerned about the sidewall damage considering soft compound tire.

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd July 2020, 21:00   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav96 View Post
Any update on the tires? I am looking for tire change and considering these tires but i am concerned about the sidewall damage considering soft compound tire.
It has been smooth sailing with the tires since purchase and very happy with the performance of these. My usage is primarily on good roads with tarmac and dont see a problem with the sidewall. Not much driving post April due to the current Covid scenario though.

Most Viewed