Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2022, 12:22   #196
BHPian

Re: The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India

Michelin Primacy 4ST is available at multiple dealers in bangalore. If anyone is looking for, sharing this information.
tirumalavoleti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 18:40   #197
BHPian

Just FYI,

Primacy 4 ST in most sizes is available at N Mehta Tyres in Pune. They have 3 shops here -He generally stocks almost all Michelin Products - Primacy SUV,etc.

Less Parking Space - So better to call him before going. You can find the number on Google Maps.
MartinVirage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 18:28   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinVirage View Post
Just FYI,

Primacy 4 ST in most sizes is available at N Mehta Tyres in Pune. They have 3 shops here -He generally stocks almost all Michelin Products - Primacy SUV,etc.

Less Parking Space - So better to call him before going. You can find the number on Google Maps.
Thanks for this! They're out of stock at Lokmanya Tyres and Darshan Tyres as well.

N Mehta had ready stock at a great price - 195/55/16s for my Polo at Rs.8250 each. Got them changed at their Kasarwadi outlet today with complimentary balancing and alignment thrown in.

Do note that the address and phone number on Google maps for the Kasarwadi branch is wrong. I had to call the Swargate branch and arrange for a call back from the Kasarwadi store.
Old 21st January 2022, 19:09   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechinmay View Post
Thanks for this! They're out of stock at Lokmanya Tyres and Darshan Tyres as well.

N Mehta had ready stock at a great price - 195/55/16s for my Polo at Rs.8250 each. Got them changed at their Kasarwadi outlet today with complimentary balancing and alignment thrown in.

Do note that the address and phone number on Google maps for the Kasarwadi branch is wrong. I had to call the Swargate branch and arrange for a call back from the Kasarwadi store.
Glad the post helped! All his shops are at tricky locations. I too had to call the Swargate one. Nice chap though! He arranges the tyres as per the customers requirements.

Enjoy the smooth ride
MartinVirage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 13:38   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Michelin Pilot Sport 5, Primacy 4+ officially introduced in Europe.

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-0.jpg

Following the unofficial introduction of the new Michelin Pilot Sport 5 last week, the French tyre maker has now formally unveiled the fifth generation of its popular Pilot Sport series. That’s not the only tyre to make its global debut, as Michelin has also launched the new Primacy 4+.

Currently available in Europe in 50 dimensions from 17 to 21 inches since January 1, 2022 the Pilot Sport 5 will make its way to other markets worldwide from March 1.

The new model succeeds the well-known Pilot Sport 4 and features the brand’s “Dynamic Response Technology,” where a hybrid belt made of aramid and nylon provides structural reinforcement to the tyre and maintain contact patch stability.

Quote:
Meanwhile, the company’s “MaxTouch Construction Technology” evenly distributes the forces of acceleration, braking and cornering, offering a longer tread life. Michelin also promises “maximum control thanks to extremely good grip and braking performance on dry and wet ground” thanks to the Pilot Sport 5’s Dual Sport Tread Design.
The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-1.jpg

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-2.jpg

This sees an outer tread with rigid blocks to optimise dry grip, while the inner tread is specially design to provide wet grip. Michelin also highlighted “Groove Clear,” which refers to the large, longitudinal grooves on the that directs water into wide transversal channels and away from the tyre for safety and handling in the rain.

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-3.jpg

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-4.jpg

Quote:
Referring to Michelin’s Japanese website, the Pilot Sport 5’s best lap time on a wet lap of the company’s test track is 1.7% seconds faster than the Pilot Sport 4 and 1.5% faster on average.

As for the new Primacy 4+, it is an improvement over the existing Primacy 4 and is summer tyre catered to most vehicle types, including sedans and SUVs. The unique selling point of the tyre is still its ability to provide better braking performance on wet ground even when worn.
Quote:
The company says this results in “even greater safety from the first mile to the last,” owing the tyre’s performance to its EverGrip technology, which combines two layers of rubber in order to offset the loss of tread depth and thus continue to better evacuate water when worn

As with the Pilot Sport 5, the Primacy 4+ is currently available in Europe as of January 1 this year and will be offered in 82 dimensions from 16 to 19 inches by March. The range will grow to reach 121 dimensions from 16 to 21 inches by the end of 2022.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st January 2022 at 13:50.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 17:55   #201
BHPian

Primacy 4 ST in dimension 195/55/R16 is available here in Lucknow for Rs 8500 per unit. I have been looking for Michelins for changing my Verna's tyres.

However, I am getting three units of 26/21 and one unit of 27/21. Generally, I insist on units of the same batch. Are these units not too old? And, can I actually get more recent units?
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 19:37   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Primacy 4 ST in dimension 195/55/R16 is available here in Lucknow for Rs 8500 per unit. I have been looking for Michelins for changing my Verna's tyres.

However, I am getting three units of 26/21 and one unit of 27/21. Generally, I insist on units of the same batch. Are these units not too old? And, can I actually get more recent units?
The price quoted for the said tyres are good to attract you because those P4ST are old.
I had put such P3ST tyres which were manufactured 10 months back at the time of purchase and I had to replace them in 4 years as they developed cracks and began to give hard shocks when run over a bump, and the tread left was good for another 15000kms but i couldn't use them anymore because the rubber had gone hard within 46000kms of use.

Therefore always go for tyres which are manufactured within the past three months of purchase, and you are good to use them for 5 years or 60,000kms.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 20:10   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
The price quoted for the said tyres are good to attract you because those P4ST are old.

Therefore always go for tyres which are manufactured within the past three months of purchase, and you are good to use them for 5 years or 60,000kms.
I will ask them if they can get me units recently manufactured. I too have been apprehensive of the age of these units. Can I really get new ones that easily, on prior orders or so? That is one question.

I had used Michelin Energy XM2s in my earlier vehicle for 67000 kms before replacing them.

If more recent units are unavailable, my options are Continental UC6 and Yoko. But I have to try my best for P4STs.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 20:56   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I will ask them if they can get me units recently manufactured. I too have been apprehensive of the age of these units. Can I really get new ones that easily, on prior orders or so? That is one question.

I had used Michelin Energy XM2s in my earlier vehicle for 67000 kms before replacing them.

If more recent units are unavailable, my options are Continental UC6 and Yoko. But I have to try my best for P4STs.
Keep the P4ST as your top priority, then UC6. Yoko are hard compound, they don't grip well on roads where gravel Or sand is scattered and they start giving road-noise after 10000kms. I would advise you to go for Bridgestone Turanza as your third option.

Search the official website of Michelin for dealers in your city and in cities nearby. Then give them a call at the phone numbers mentioned on official website, this way you can have information about which dealer can give you the most recent stock. You need not pay in advance, tell them to call you when they receive the latest stock. If you are lucky you can get most recent michelin stock. Conti UC6 can be available manufactured in Feb-2022, same for Bridgestone tyres.

Michelin tyres are the best and they last a minimum 60000kms with full comfort and grip.
Old 26th February 2022, 21:07   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
Keep the P4ST as your top priority, then UC6. Yoko are hard compound, they don't grip well on roads where gravel Or sand is scattered and they start giving road-noise after 10000kms. I would advise you to go for Bridgestone Turanza as your third option.

Search the official website of Michelin for dealers in your city and in cities nearby. Then give them a call at the phone numbers mentioned on official website, this way you can have information about which dealer can give you the most recent stock.
My priority is P4STs only. I have been planning to do the same, to ask them to call me whenever they receive fresh stock of Michelins. The stock Bridgestone Ecopias in my car have run 52000 kms now. Still, there is no hurry as such. They can be used for running in the city. I need the replacement actually before the next highway run only.

Thanks!
Old 5th March 2022, 19:00   #206

I have a ecosport with the tyre size 205/60 R16 and had Goodyear Triplemax Assurance fitted as its OE tyres, but soon after uneven tread wear because of whatsoever reason, i could complete only 36000Kms. These goodyear tyres have been the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
As per their official release statement, the main improvement of this tyre over previous version (3ST) is improved performance when worn out. So i guess it will behave similar to 3ST when new and will degrade more gracefully than its older brother.
Shall I go for P4STs compared to Conti. MC5 for my ecosport, my use is mainly on highway like, 8k kms on very high speeds, rest it is only 2k kms in city or poor roads. Pls advise.

I want a balance between the two keeping in mind its life, performance, silent, yet strong(hard) enough to tackle potholes in indian roads keeping in mind the less use of my car.

If possible kindly mention approx prices.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 5th March 2022 at 19:54. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts
Old 5th March 2022, 22:27   #207
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhairya_16 View Post
Shall I go for P4STs compared to Conti. MC5 for my ecosport, my use is mainly on highway like, 8k kms on very high speeds, rest it is only 2k kms in city or poor roads. Pls advise.
I had Conti MC5s in my Polo GT TSi. They became very noisy after 10K kilometers. So when time came to replace, I went for P4ST and these have the perfect balance between comfort and grip and no noise as well.

But the P4STs are still comfort oriented tires. If you are looking for more performance then you should consider the PS4's
graaja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 22:30   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I had Conti MC5s in my Polo GT TSi. They became very noisy after 10K kilometers. So when time came to replace, I went for P4ST and these have the perfect balance between comfort and grip and no noise as well.

But the P4STs are still comfort oriented tires. If you are looking for more performance then you should consider the PS4's
Thanks for advise. can you pls quote approx price for PS4 and P4ST? Tyre size 205/60 R16 on Ecosport

Quote:

What about Bridgestone Turanza T001 vs Michelin Primacy 4st?

Last edited by Sheel : 6th March 2022 at 05:42. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 6th March 2022, 05:10   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for advise. can you pls quote approx price for PS4 and P4ST? Tyre size 205/60 R16 on Ecosport
Quote:
What about Bridgestone Turanza T001 vs Michelin Primacy 4st?
As graaja has mentioned, go for Primacy 4 ST. It's ideally suited to your requirements. I'd avoid Bridgestone altogether.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 05:33   #210
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I changed this about 3 years back. So don’t remember the exact price I paid. I think it was some 6.x K per tire. Not sure what the latest price is.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed