Team-BHP - The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/201146-michelin-primacy-4-now-available-india.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidhu_hs (Post 4351115)
Michelin has revealed the next generation Primacy 4.

Link

Quote:

July 6, 2018

Michelin has just officially launched the Michelin Primacy 4 for the ASEAN region here in Pattaya, Thailand.

All Michelin Primacy 4 tyres are imported from Thailand and carry the “ST” print on the side wall to denote that these tyres are made for the ASEAN region.

Before people start asking....

NO, it is not available in India.

No, there are no reports or rumours or news of it coming anytime soon. Michelin is continuing to focus on the P3 ST and there is no change in that.

Yes, it will definitely come but in it's own sweet time.

Looks like I have to eat humble pie.

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-humble-pie.jpg

The Primacy 4 ST has been launched in only one size: 195/60-15. Priced at the same point as the P3ST. Rs. 6815 per tyre including GST.

This is just on the price list. I haven't seen the tyre yet.

Will try to get you guys an actual picture in a couple of days.

So, the tyre has not yet reached the Michelin warehouses. They expect it to reach in the next few days... Will post when I can get my hands on these tyres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 4455039)
So, the tyre has not yet reached the Michelin warehouses. They expect it to reach in the next few days... Will post when I can get my hands on these tyres.

Hi Nikhil, I'm in the market for 195/60 R15s for my GT TSI.

1. Any idea when these tyres will hit the market from your previous experience of Michelin launches.

2. Any idea how 4 ST would be different from 3 ST?

3. I guess the price would remain at Rs.6.8K for a while. 3 STs are available at 6.2k in Mumbai. I guess the difference would be worth it because newer tyres are almost guaranteed and hopefully, they're a little bit better..

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_himan (Post 4455135)
Hi Nikhil, I'm in the market for 195/60 R15s for my GT TSI.

1. Any idea when these tyres will hit the market from your previous experience of Michelin launches.

2. Any idea how 4 ST would be different from 3 ST?

3. I guess the price would remain at Rs.6.8K for a while. 3 STs are available at 6.2k in Mumbai. I guess the difference would be worth it because newer tyres are almost guaranteed and hopefully, they're a little bit better..

Like I said, no idea. You are asking theoretical questions based on a tyre that is still vapourware.

You need to try them out and review it for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 4455784)
Like I said, no idea. You are asking theoretical questions based on a tyre that is still vapourware.

Will do - very few tire shops claim to have heard of it in Mumbai. May take a few weeks I guess. The Malaysia website has some product features.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 4455784)

So, after all this excitement, went for the Perfinzas and couldn't be happier!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4458581

The Primacy 4 is available, at least in Bangalore. Saw someone getting these installed today:

The Michelin Primacy 4, now available in India-img_20181006_165259.jpg

I casually enquired about the price, and was quoted INR 7,100 per tyre for 195/60 R15

Super ! Was looking to get the 205/60/R16 size 3ST for Ecosport. Hope all 3ST sizes will be there for 4. What are the improvements over the 3ST ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samfromindia (Post 4473815)
Super ! Was looking to get the 205/60/R16 size 3ST for Ecosport. Hope all 3ST sizes will be there for 4. What are the improvements over the 3ST ?

Yes, should be available. Swapped mine a while back.
Manufactured on the week of 16th July 2018.

Any idea if these are out in 215/55 R17?

Quote:

Originally Posted by treadmark (Post 4477432)
Yes, should be available. Swapped mine a while back.
Manufactured on the week of 16th July 2018.

Could you please tell me where did you buy Primacy 4 in Bangalore. I enquired in Pitstop but they don't have it in stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zahir (Post 4477899)
Any idea if these are out in 215/55 R17?

I know 215/55 R17 was available in P3ST, so for sure, these should be available now in P4ST too. If you need I can have it checked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binod049 (Post 4478251)
Could you please tell me where did you buy Primacy 4 in Bangalore. I enquired in Pitstop but they don't have it in stock.

These are available on stock with Madhus Tyre Centre Langford Road and with all Tyre Park - Cherry Agencies franchise.

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by treadmark (Post 4478417)
I know 215/55 R17 was available in P3ST, so for sure, these should be available now in P4ST too. If you need I can have it checked.

These are available on stock with Madhus Tyre Centre Langford Road and with all Tyre Park - Cherry Agencies franchise.

Cheers!

Thanks! Pitstop Sanjay Nagar were able to arrange it for me. Will be in installing it today on my Polo. I hope 195/60/R15 is the right choice.