Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2019, 14:52   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Review: BF Goodrich T/A KO2 tyre upgrade for my Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Thanks Karan. Can you share the custom clearance experience? How did you manage their BSI requirement. I had a rough time when I imported my TA/KO2. I will need another set soon so your experience will help. Cheers.
Hi Rishi,

The tyres were imported with a lot of other parts which were coming in for my E46. I am sharing the contact details (via PM) of the person who handled this import for me.

All the best
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 22:01   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

BF Goodrich Decal !

Recently got a custom BF Goodrich decal made, seen here THE WRAP SHOP (Car Wraps: The Wrap Shop (Mulund, Mumbai)) doing the install late at night;

Review: BF Goodrich T/A KO2 tyre upgrade for my Toyota Fortuner-img_8495.jpg

So if you happen to follow my car, this is the view you'd get;

Review: BF Goodrich T/A KO2 tyre upgrade for my Toyota Fortuner-img_20181231_174931.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 8th April 2019 at 22:06.
Old 25th October 2019, 16:55   #18
BHPian

Hey thanks for making this great review of these beautiful tires. I'm curious what the tire size/specs you chose to fit your 18 inch wheels?

Last edited by suneel : 25th October 2019 at 16:59.
Old 6th May 2021, 12:33   #19
BHPian

Can you guide me how did you "Privately Import" BF GOODRICH TA KO2's here in India?
Old 7th May 2021, 16:50   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan23 View Post
Can you guide me how did you "Privately Import" BF GOODRICH TA KO2's here in India?
" Privately Imported " back in 2018 while importing parts for my BMW E46. However I believe Michelin had started providing BFGoodrich tyres to some of its dealers but that was last year & those stocks too have dried up. Today the story is different and I think even "Private Imports" in most sizes are banned/not allowed, All the best
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 14:48   #21
BHPian

Hi Karan.
After reading your thread, was hankering for BFG.
I Need help. Am confused a lot.
I have a 2014 4wd Fortuner. Am going to change the original Dunlop tyres at about 63k kms & have settled for BF Goodrich KO2 265/65 R17- same original size.
Now tyre weight of the all 4 BFG is around 30kgs more compared to Dunlop - will it affect( wearing out,etc) the suspension or any other parts long term .
Any advantages or disadvantages I should be looking out for? A bit of Increased Road noise , harder steering, increased FE I can settle for.
Concerns are harder/ bouncier ride , aquaplaning issues & if there will be increased wear & tear on suspension or other parts due to increased weight.
I go to Ladakh ,Spiti 1-2 times a year. Rest of the time tarmac.
Please advise.
Nariman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 22:07   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nariman View Post
Hi Karan.
After reading your thread, was hankering for BFG.
I Need help. Am confused a lot.
I have a 2014 4wd Fortuner. Am going to change the original Dunlop tyres at about 63k kms & have settled for BF Goodrich KO2 265/65 R17- same original size.
Now tyre weight of the all 4 BFG is around 30kgs more compared to Dunlop - will it affect( wearing out,etc) the suspension or any other parts long term .
Any advantages or disadvantages I should be looking out for? A bit of Increased Road noise , harder steering, increased FE I can settle for.
Concerns are harder/ bouncier ride , aquaplaning issues & if there will be increased wear & tear on suspension or other parts due to increased weight.
I go to Ladakh ,Spiti 1-2 times a year. Rest of the time tarmac.
Please advise.
Nariman,

If you do drive to Ladakh, Spiti 1-2 times a year then surely you should consider the BFG's. Also On Road performance is very satisfactory. Most has been already covered in my Video & Review in the opening Post. About your concern, I think with such an All Terrain setup like the BFG TA KO2, the tyres will absorb most of the beating on behalf of the suspension & the suspension will not take as much as a hit as much it did earlier with OE tyres. Hence overall it will make up for extra unsprung weight & I don't see premature wearing of components much of an issue too. Finally 29 psi tyre pressure will aid ride quality & handling performance (even in the wet).

All the best

Last edited by karan561 : 16th August 2021 at 22:12.
Old 18th August 2021, 12:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Nariman,

If you do drive to Ladakh, Spiti 1-2 times a year then surely you should consider the BFG's. Also On Road performance is very satisfactory. Most has been already covered in my Video & Review in the opening Post. About your concern, I think with such an All Terrain setup like the BFG TA KO2, the tyres will absorb most of the beating on behalf of the suspension & the suspension will not take as much as a hit as much it did earlier with OE tyres. Hence overall it will make up for extra unsprung weight & I don't see premature wearing of components much of an issue too. Finally 29 psi tyre pressure will aid ride quality & handling performance (even in the wet).

All the best
Thanks Karan.
One more query - will it affect the acceleration from zero , due to increased weight of tyres on the axles?
Old 18th August 2021, 16:58   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nariman View Post
Thanks Karan.
One more query - will it affect the acceleration from zero , due to increased weight of tyres on the axles?
Yes, it will affect the acceleration from zero majorly due to more unsprung mass and the tread pattern.
Old 6th January 2022, 14:30   #25
BHPian

Long term review of BF Goodrich T/A KO2
I had put BFG's on my Fortuner in December 2018. Post which I had run the tyres around 95,000km. My experience with them has been truly fantastic.

Apart from a rod piercing through one of the tyres there were no issues at all with the tyres. I've had a puncture just 4-5 times in these 3 years with them. They are just indestructible!

The Puncture
Review: BF Goodrich T/A KO2 tyre upgrade for my Toyota Fortuner-img_1911.jpg

The Culprit
Review: BF Goodrich T/A KO2 tyre upgrade for my Toyota Fortuner-img_1915.jpg

These tyres perform excellent in off-road conditions. Even with 4mm thread left they did not let me down on my last Monsoon OTR. Highway grip too is excellent. It takes on rough roads with aplomb.

Tread depth at 90,000km
Review: BF Goodrich T/A KO2 tyre upgrade for my Toyota Fortuner-tread.jpeg

In it's Natural Habitat
Name:  IMG_5355.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  82.0 KB

Review: BF Goodrich T/A KO2 tyre upgrade for my Toyota Fortuner-img_5365.jpg

So, after having such a wonderful experience with these tyres I decided to go for a second set of these albeit in a slightly different size. I went in for 265/65 R18 since I have a 2" lift kit. I shall give my feed back regarding new sizes in a couple of days.
Fresh Rubber! 2021 manufactured
Review: BF Goodrich T/A KO2 tyre upgrade for my Toyota Fortuner-whatsapp-image-20211213-18.55.59.jpeg

Yes, They have Outlined White Letters!
Review: BF Goodrich T/A KO2 tyre upgrade for my Toyota Fortuner-whatsapp-image-20211213-16.47.20.jpeg

That's it for now!
dean5545 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 16:40   #26

Hi, Dean 5545, would you please share the price of the new set of tyres and a reliable source in Mumbai? Have come across some absurd pricing for the tyres recently, looking to upgrade the tyres on my 2019 Ford Endeavour (285/60R18).
Old 6th January 2022, 20:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanil View Post
Hi, Dean 5545, would you please share the price of the new set of tyres and a reliable source in Mumbai? Have come across some absurd pricing for the tyres recently, looking to upgrade the tyres on my 2019 Ford Endeavour (285/60R18).
I got these tyres from Zumamba, Kannur for 26k a piece. I was offered 285/60 R18 for around 30k a while back. There would be more stock coming in March 2022 is what everyone is saying. You can wait till then. However I’m sure it’s not going to cost you less than 30k per tyre anywhere.

These tyres have become overpriced due to their demand among Thar buyers.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 18:10   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanil View Post
Got 265/65/18 for Isuzu MUX last week in delhi 25k per tyre.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 17:16   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Got 265/65/18 for Isuzu MUX last week in delhi 25k per tyre.
Where in Delhi did you get them from? Was it a swap or an outright purchase? If swap, then how much did it work out to per tyre & how many kms had the stock tyres run?
Old 13th May 2022, 18:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneliu View Post
Where in Delhi did you get them from? Was it a swap or an outright purchase? If swap, then how much did it work out to per tyre & how many kms had the stock tyres run?
It was a tyre swap of brand new tyres which came oem with the isuzu mux, i got the tyres from Bk Tyres lajpat nagar, Delhi. The stock tyres had 100 kms on them i guess. You can directly get in touch with BK tyres and he can assist you further.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks