Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2021, 01:07   #16

Re: Tata Tiago - Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

My XZA petrol tiago which has run 35k kms is up for Tyre replacement due to side wall punctures, any suggestions on what should be a good and budget friendly replacement, considering our avg is about 6-7k kms per year and the car will be mostly parked outside (under shade)
Old 24th October 2021, 23:35   #17

Choosing right tyre for Tiago MT

Hi, I had a query for this forum. My brother who is based in Kolkata is planning to drive to Darjeeling (hill station in Bengal) in November. He drives a Tiago manual transmission with about 42k kms on the odo. So, he is looking to change his tyres before making this trip. What are some good tyres for tiago and well suited for this kind of trips? He was mentioning Bridgestone Turanza 3005 but I wanted to know your thoughts.

On a broader context what tyres should be considered if we are looking at a mix of city and highway drives. This has been on my mind for my polo tsi MT as well. What could be a good set of tyres when I change from the stock tyres.

Mods: apologies if this belongs in another thread. Would be grateful if this post could be redirected in that case
Old 25th May 2022, 10:58   #18
BHPian

Tyre Suggestion: 175/65/R14 for Tata Tiago XZP 2019

Hello all, Please help me decide which tyres should I get for my car. I am too much confused given so many options in the market.

Some facts about my car and driving styles:
  • Model: TATA Tiago XZ-P
  • Purchased in Jan 2019, Dec 2018 Manufacturing
  • Completed 31,000 kms in 3 years 4 months
  • 80% highway, 20% city driving
  • Car remains idle for 10-15 days parked in sun and then runs a 1000km for hometown trip.
  • 80% good roads but occasionally bad roads
  • Have a tendency to cross pot holes at high speed (60-80 kmph) when on highway and sudden pothole makes appearance.
The stock tyres were MRF ZVTS. They have become hard and have developed small cracks all over. I faced multiple small leaks in these cracks. They have around 50% of the thread remaining though.

From my internet research I got the feeling that Michelin Energy XM2, Yokohama Earth 1 and Continental CC6/UC6 are the preferred choice of the people.

I have seen people suggesting Bridgestone too, which has multiple tyre models in this range, hence the increasing the confusion.

I might not prefer Michelin, as I understand there is some supply chain issue which may result in problems during warranty claim. Also have read people saying it is not suitable for rough Indian roads and prone to cuts and punctures due to softer compound.

Yokohama is durable, but I have read that it is too noisy specially after 20,000kms or so. But again I am driving Tata car which has higher engine noise, so I don't know how much silent tyres will contribute in reducing noise inside the cabin!!

It seems the choice is between CC6/UC/Earth 1 or some other brand/model. One dealer suggested to go for

Please enlighten me with your valuable thoughts. Its my first tyre purchase, so the confusion and the zeal to get the perfect tyres is high
Old 25th May 2022, 11:01   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tyre Suggestion: 175/65/R14 for Tata Tiago XZP 2019

I suggest Continental Comfort Contact 6(CC6) in stock size

These are comfort tyres and offset the slightly stiff suspension setup of the tiago. Not to mention they are very silent as offer decent grip in all conditions.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 13:57   #20
BHPian

Hi Guys

I have a Tiago XZ+ 2019 model with stock setup of 175/60 R15 and it has completed 34k Kms till date. Recently, I noticed a crack in sidewall of my left side rear tire and basis my initial research i saw I need to replace at least 2 tires at once.

So, I am considering replacing/upgrading all 4 tires and looking for some recommendations for the same. For upgradation, I am thinking of 185/60 R15. Please let me know your valuable observations/recommendations so that I may make an informed decision.

Happy Motoring
Eragon92
Old 22nd September 2022, 17:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon92 View Post
Hi Guys

I have a Tiago XZ+ 2019 model with stock setup of 175/60 R15 and it has completed 34k Kms till date. Recently, I noticed a crack in sidewall of my left side rear tire and basis my initial research i saw I need to replace at least 2 tires at once.

So, I am considering replacing/upgrading all 4 tires and looking for some recommendations for the same. For upgradation, I am thinking of 185/60 R15. Please let me know your valuable observations/recommendations so that I may make an informed decision.

Happy Motoring
Eragon92
Tyre upgrade is not recommended for Tiago. 175mm wide rubber is perfect for that vehicle. I am driving tiago since 2019 and this is a perfect setup. This is a 3 cyl engine so wider rubber will make it sluggish unnecessarily and will kill the FE for sure. Instead go with same stock size if at all you want to change the tyres and go with Continental UC6 or if you are lucky, michelin. Yokohama bluearth gt could also be good.
PS: I am still on my stock MRFs but doing good since car is driven only for 20000kms.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 17:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Tyre upgrade is not recommended for Tiago. 175mm wide rubber is perfect for that vehicle. I am driving tiago since 2019 and this is a perfect setup. This is a 3 cyl engine so wider rubber will make it sluggish unnecessarily and will kill the FE for sure. Instead go with same stock size if at all you want to change the tyres and go with Continental UC6 or if you are lucky, michelin. Yokohama bluearth gt could also be good.
PS: I am still on my stock MRFs but doing good since car is driven only for 20000kms.
Hi Rajivtelang
Noted. Will drop the idea of upsizing then. My reason for upsizing was to make the ride more plush especially at low speeds and and reduce road noise. Unfortunately, Continental UC6 is not available in 175/60 R15 variant so my choice comes down to either Michelin Energy XM2+ or Yokohama Bluearth GT AE51. Based on preliminary research, durability seems to be an issue with Michelin. Will do some more research.

Regards
Eragon92
eragon92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 18:49   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys

Happy Motoring
Eragon92
Like rajivtelang suggested, would recommend that you stick to 175, but you can go for 175/65R15 which would be taller than your current setup but still within permissible limits
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 21:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Like rajivtelang suggested, would recommend that you stick to 175, but you can go for 175/65R15 which would be taller than your current setup but still within permissible limits
Uncertain if increased height of tyres will brush against wheel arches when turned fully and with full load in car. With 175/65 tyre car height increases by 8.75mm which means you might compromise on stability due to elevated CG.
Old 23rd September 2022, 22:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rajivtelang
Noted. Will drop the idea of upsizing then. My reason for upsizing was to make the ride more plush especially at low speeds and and reduce road noise. Unfortunately, Continental UC6 is not available in 175/60 R15 variant so my choice comes down to either Michelin Energy XM2+ or Yokohama Bluearth GT AE51. Based on preliminary research, durability seems to be an issue with Michelin. Will do some more research.

Regards
Eragon92
Check with Continental CC6 as suggested by somebody in this thread. They are very much like UC6. I replaced stock JKs on my Ertiga with same sized UC6 and they are amazing, enjoying every drive. My Tiago is not driven much but will go with Continental when time comes. I am a huge fan of michelin but import is stopped/restricted. I found Continental to be the closest match.
Old 24th September 2022, 08:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Uncertain if increased height of tyres will brush against wheel arches when turned fully and with full load in car. With 175/65 tyre car height increases by 8.75mm which means you might compromise on stability due to elevated CG.
Recommended this because the difference in diameter is still within the permissible limit of 3%
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 13:59   #27
BHPian

Hi Guys

Thanks for the inputs. I checked continental tyres but there is no option in 175/60 R15. Michelin Xm2+ I can find in online stores like tyrenmore but not sure whether they are available in offline stores. So, remaining option is Yokohama Bluearth GT AE51. If someone has any idea about a reliable dealer in Mumbai that will be really helpful.

Regards
Eragon92
Old 29th March 2023, 07:54   #28
BHPian

Hi folks after almost completing 60,000 kms. Decided to change alloys wheels and tyre.
Tyre Size: 205/45/16
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago - Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-b0dd168a452a43bbb341d75846f27c53.jpeg  

Most Viewed