Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2007, 16:31   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
ishaan what are your reasons for listing in that order (link me to an old post if you have allready stated your reason for preferences)
My preferences are purely on experience with these tyres & how I in my personal opionion rate them. However, this is not binding & there are many variable which could have lead to this bias during my use with them. Hence, my listing out of all options since all of them are good tyres & you can't go wrong with any of them.

There are quite a number of people (apart from KP) who would rank the GIII's or the ES100's better than the other's but my preference is different.
Old 4th February 2007, 16:46   #77
Senior - BHPian

I've driven Swift with Pilot preceda's n GIIIs....
GIIIs is all abt grip lateral n straight both....but noisy n ride quality is harsh
Preceda's are very quite n will give u better ride quality as all michelins do.
Old 4th February 2007, 16:56   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
My preferences are purely on experience with these tyres & how I in my personal opionion rate them.
I guess my requirement in the tyre regardless of rim size/profile would be
1. Handling
2. Comfort/Ride Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I've driven Swift with Pilot preceda's n GIIIs....
GIIIs is all abt grip lateral n straight both....but noisy n ride quality is harsh
Preceda's are very quite n will give u better ride quality as all michelins do.
This is more or less what I was looking at.. a comparison of pro's and cons of each tire. I guess road/tyre noise would also differ based on the cabin of different cars. Though KP mentions the swift running gIII's was noisy+harsh.
Old 4th February 2007, 17:34   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess my requirement in the tyre regardless of rim size/profile would be
1. Handling
2. Comfort/Ride Quality
My suggestion:

1. Michelin Pilot Preceda/Pilot Primacy
2. Yokohama ES 100
3. Michelin Energy XM1

Quote:
This is more or less what I was looking at.. a comparison of pro's and cons of each tire. I guess road/tyre noise would also differ based on the cabin of different cars. Though KP mentions the swift running gIII's was noisy+harsh.
It does differ from car to car depending on how much road noise is filtered out by the car's design but most of the difference lies with the tyres with regards to the Tyre design (V-shapes patterns are noisier than others), rubber compound, road conditions etc.
Old 4th February 2007, 22:49   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My suggestion:

1. Michelin Pilot Preceda/Pilot Primacy
2. Yokohama ES 100
3. Michelin Energy XM1
Thanks a lot man. Really helpful!!

Also Im wondering what the feedback has been on these tyres in regard to the tyre life? This is difficult to answer, I know because of the sheer number of variables involved (driving style, road conditions etc, maintenance, etc). But im sure there must be lots of feedback you have got and experienced first hand. So do let me know your thoughts on this.
Old 4th February 2007, 22:53   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot man. Really helpful!!

Also Im wondering what the feedback has been on these tyres in regard to the tyre life? This is difficult to answer, I know because of the sheer number of variables involved (driving style, road conditions etc, maintenance, etc). But im sure there must be lots of feedback you have got and experienced first hand. So do let me know your thoughts on this.
Expect 30K kms.......Anything more will depend on road conditions, driving style etc...

Last edited by kpzen : 4th February 2007 at 23:02.
Old 4th February 2007, 23:02   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Expect 30K kms.......life of the tyre depends on various factors as u know...
30k Whoah was think 50 - 60 atleast
Old 4th February 2007, 23:06   #83
Team-BHP Support

they could depends on your driving. If its sedate around 50K. If not then expect 30K.

Also the Michelin preceda and primacy are performance tyres not towards comfort. The comfort tyres are the Energy XM1's.

For the yokohama the AVS ES100 is also a performance tyre. the comfort tyre is the new yoko C.drive which Sam has put on his Verna.

For bridgestone the performance range is G-III whereas comfort is turanza ER-60. I have these on my lancer.
Old 5th February 2007, 03:53   #84
Senior - BHPian

Do you get a 185/55 R15 size? I think 185 is ideal for the Swift.
Old 5th February 2007, 04:08   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
they could depends on your driving. If its sedate around 50K. If not then expect 30K.

Also the Michelin preceda and primacy are performance tyres not towards comfort. The comfort tyres are the Energy XM1's.

For the yokohama the AVS ES100 is also a performance tyre. the comfort tyre is the new yoko C.drive which Sam has put on his Verna.

For bridgestone the performance range is G-III whereas comfort is turanza ER-60. I have these on my lancer.
I think Vid has summed it up very well for you. Just to give you an example my Energy's have run abou 45k now & have a little life still left in them, so I expect them to give out at about 50k. This when my driving style is quite aggressive, just to give you an idea about wear rates.

But you have to be careful about your suspension & alignment with these tyres so make sure that's in top shape & do regular checks.
Old 5th February 2007, 08:06   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Do you get a 185/55 R15 size? I think 185 is ideal for the Swift.
I dont know if you get this upsize but 185 seems a bit puny for the Swift/

Quote:
But you have to be careful about your suspension & alignment with these tyres so make sure that's in top shape & do regular checks.
Especially with bangalore roads!!

Since your in delhi I guess the aggresive driving doesnt do as much damage as it would on our roads here. Even our best city roads are ridiculous :(
Old 5th February 2007, 11:42   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Especially with bangalore roads!!

Since your in delhi I guess the aggresive driving doesnt do as much damage as it would on our roads here. Even our best city roads are ridiculous :(
Yes i've heard something of this effect from Bangaloreans!! Haven't been there in a decade though so can't say for sure
Old 6th February 2007, 15:10   #88
BHPian

how much increase in overall diameter of a cars tyres are permissable. If i upgrade my stock 175/65s to 205/60s then im facong an increase of 20 mm will this cause any problems
Old 6th February 2007, 15:24   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy_99 View Post
how much increase in overall diameter of a cars tyres are permissable. If i upgrade my stock 175/65s to 205/60s then im facong an increase of 20 mm will this cause any problems
Which car??
whats the rim size?

Assuming the rim size to be same
for 175/65-X the correct upsize would be 205/55-X
Old 7th February 2007, 00:08   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy_99 View Post
Yes, your car will look like a wannabe SUV.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks