Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2007, 13:55   #1
BANNED

Oil from my Rims - Help

Hey all,
I have recently spent a Bomb to sort my Problems of Brakes,
as the Brakes on my front tyre keep on spilling oil,
my rims is covered with Black marks all over,Evevy time i go to the mecanic he tells me that some rubber has broken around the brakes on both the front tires and thus not only does the brake oil come out but also spoils the brakes and the brakes need replacement,I am getting sick and tired of this and need help please,The brakes seem to be working fine,
But some sort of a wobbly noise comes from the Axel when i go over a bump or a small stone even.
If any one has any idea as to what it could be please tell me,as its been 2 times i have replaced it in 3 months,and i feel i am being ripped off ,
Thanx/Cheers
Old 17th January 2007, 15:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you're going to the mechanic again & again for the same fault which he claims to "FIX" every time then yes you're being ripped off. I would advise you go to a good garage & have the problems (which seems like your brake lines are being ruptured) sorted once & for all.

Remember not to ignore brakes which are one of the most important things on your car & please go to a good garage to get it fixed asap.
Old 18th January 2007, 05:26   #3

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

which car is this????
it is better taht you go to a certified garage and get it rectified once and for all.
Old 18th January 2007, 07:43   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
which car is this????
it is better taht you go to a certified garage and get it rectified once and for all.
In his profile its mentioned Santro...
Old 18th January 2007, 09:49   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I think its best that you visit the authorised center only, since your problem is yet not diagnosed properly. Faulty brakes can prove fatal.

However:

Quote:
as the Brakes on my front tyre keep on spilling oil,
Looks like a fluid leak. Check your pipes.

Quote:
my rims is covered with Black marks all over,
This could be regular carbon buildup from the disc brakes.
Old 18th January 2007, 10:06   #6
Team-BHP Support

wild card, dog piss or some diesel left off from car wash + brake pad dust ??

best option get the car to a authorised dealer and show them exactly what you are referring to by and start from there.. also is your fluid level dropping

again wobbly sound?? these kind of problems can be rectified best by going to a dealer or mech and replicating the same to them
Old 20th January 2007, 04:45   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
wild card, dog piss or some diesel left off from car wash + brake pad dust ??

best option get the car to a authorised dealer and show them exactly what you are referring to by and start from there.. also is your fluid level dropping

again wobbly sound?? these kind of problems can be rectified best by going to a dealer or mech and replicating the same to them
the wobbly sound he stated that the brake pad does not fit properly and thus is loose, he packed it with some card board type stuffing between the brake pad and the discs and the noise stopped...this was a month back, and now has started again...i think i might have to change the part that holds the brake pads.....and grease or oil what ever you say might because of some rubber breaking thats what my mechanic stated....any way will take it to the authorized dealer i guess thats the only option and hellspawn yes, it is a santro Zing....cheers
Old 11th February 2007, 04:20   #8
BANNED

Thanx for all your help...

Hey,
thanx for all your help got the front tyre fixed....it was greese when the car was servised that was oozing out as applied by the mecwashed off and dint come back as far asthe sound was concerned there was some sort of bushing that was gone in the stearing rod thus had that fixed and also my silencer had gone loose thus that as well made the noise...all fixed and now my car ais soft as a ever.
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks