Team-BHP - how much should i expect for new swift zxi alloys and tyres ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   how much should i expect for new swift zxi alloys and tyres ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/20787-how-much-should-i-expect-new-swift-zxi-alloys-tyres.html)

hello everyone,
ok good news.. am getting a new swift tomorrow. !! :) . The swift zxi comes with jktyre 185/70 r14. Now i wanna upsize to 15 inchers and 195/60 R15 yokohama avs es 100's. So what i want to know is how much should i expect in terms of exchange prices. How much should i expect for the stock alloys and stock tyres ?
tried searching to look for any info on this topic but couldnt find any. Any help will be highly appreciated :).
P.s Since this is a family car( driven by everyone) am not looking to spend too much on the 15" alloys. Any suggestions of good VFM 15 inchers?
thanx in advance for all the help..
boom

if you drive less than 70kilometers on those tires then..you show probably get around 1350 per tire..the seift tires have very bad resale valuse and for your stock rims iam guessing around 5000 for a set of 5.and your upsize will cost you around 30,000/- with alloys and tires...do get the yokohama avs es sport 100's
check these alloys...from a friends swift..

heres another from another friend...
personally i think these look the best..

this is again the ones from the first pic.with the full car...just to get a better picture of how it looks...

In delhi its normally around 12k for a set of 4 zxi wheels and tires.

Quote:

Originally Posted by autopsyche (Post 361371)
In delhi its normally around 12k for a set of 4 zxi wheels and tires.

thats pretty less four four new tyres and alloys.

any idea how much do the swift alloys cost if you were to buy them from maruti.

@hellspawn ->the maruti sell one alloy for approx 3k each...but you can get them from karol bagh for 6-7k for set of 4.....

@tool -> you can sell the 5 wheels with tyres for 16- 17k......

hey thanx everyone for all the super helpfull replies... :)
They were a big help as i now do know the correct appoximate exchange price that i should expect(hopefully a figure closer to LBM's hehehe).
Now just need some more help.. given that i am getting the yokohama 195/60 R15's.. how much would regular cheap indian 15in alloys be available for ? Nothing fancy. Just want them for the Size Increase .
The reason i dont want to spend too much on these alloys is cause this car is going to be driven 99 % of the time by the driver or will be in pune with grand parents. And For the 1 % of the time that i might drive it... im ok with any alloys as long as they are 15 inch. l am basically looking out for the additonal benefits that i will gett in terms of handling/braking by shifting to 15 inchers and Much better tyres.
Thanx again everyone..
Boom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tool (Post 361440)
hey thanx everyone for all the super helpfull replies... :)
They were a big help as i now do know the correct appoximate exchange price that i should expect(hopefully a figure closer to LBM's hehehe).
Now just need some more help.. given that i am getting the yokohama 195/60 R15's.. how much would regular cheap indian 15in alloys be available for ? Nothing fancy. Just want them for the Size Increase .
The reason i dont want to spend too much on these alloys is cause this car is going to be driven 99 % of the time by the driver or will be in pune with grand parents. And For the 1 % of the time that i might drive it... im ok with any alloys as long as they are 15 inch. l am basically looking out for the additonal benefits that i will gett in terms of handling/braking by shifting to 15 inchers and Much better tyres.
Thanx again everyone..
Boom.

If your not interested in looks that much why dont you just hang on to the zxi rims nd tyres. Also since the car is going to be with your grandparents for 99% of the time and driven by the driver i doubt youll be needing the performance advantage that upgraded tyres offer.....

Well I was planning for a downsize from my 15" to 14". I am in Bangalore else we could have gone for an exchange..

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarchist (Post 361554)
Well I was planning for a downsize from my 15" to 14". I am in Bangalore else we could have gone for an exchange..

Why you looking for a downsize? :confused:

Its a long story will need to post it on my review comments on the upsize you gotta hold on till then need sometime to write that down...

The ZXI is with ABS, I am of thought changing to broader tyre or aspect ratio is going to affect the ABS. Apprecaite feedback/response from knowledgeable team members.

regards,
-manju

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tool (Post 361440)

Do let us know how things went and what you got in exchange for the stock alloy+tyre....

How much i can expect my swift vxi tyres exchange offer for 15", it has run 3000km.

I'm planning to have a SWIFT VDI and i wanna have alloys and a tyre upsize. what should i go for. dont wanna spend a lot, it should be VFM.
please give suggetions. thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetu (Post 369616)
How much i can expect my swift vxi tyres exchange offer for 15", it has run 3000km.

Im sorry to say, but you will get peanuts. Iv heard people exchanging brand new tyre/rims for 900rs/set

Quote:

Originally Posted by higautham (Post 376624)
I'm planning to have a SWIFT VDI and i wanna have alloys and a tyre upsize.

You will find TWENTY threads discussing Swift Alloy/Tyre upsize options.

Based on what the experts have recommended before, I think you could look at 195/60 R15 (6j alloys) if your budget permits it.

Of course your car being a DDis and heavier/stiffer suspension etc you might wanna read the ongoing discussion and figure it out yourself.

Oh and please use the search its really handy :)