Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2007, 01:09   #1
BHPian

Wheel Alignment problem in my Corolla

Hi,

I have a Corolla running on Michelin Pilot Preceda 205/60/R15 Radials. I replaced stock tube tyres with Michelin on day one itself and done 27000 kms as of now. But there is some problem with the alignment from very beginning. When on highway, my car slowly drifts towards left if I take my hands off the steering wheel. I did wheel alignments couple of times but the problem still exists, I have to maintain a firm grip on the steering wheel.

I serviced my car recently, found an interesting note at the bottom of the service advice invoice which said "There is a slight side pulling due to unrecommended tyres".

What does this mean? Why would a good radial like Michelin cause such a problem. Is it really a problem because of tyres or something else. Is there any way to set it right? Any suggestion would be of great help.

Thanks,
Novice.
Old 8th February 2007, 03:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well, swap tyres from left to right and vice-versa. If it now pulls to the right it's probably the tyres or the wheel balancing. Otherwise, go back to Toyota and shout at 'em!

Also, if you are on a road that is slightly inclined sideways, ie highest at the median/divider and lowest at the pavement, the car will drift to the left a bit. Try it on as level a surface as you can find.
Old 8th February 2007, 10:36   #3
BHPian

Viper's right. The "authorised service" guys usually have no idea whatsoever about plus sizing and frown at anythign other than stock tyres.And any suspension / mechanical problem related to steering / tyres is blamed on you having fit size diff than the "recommended" ones. Try the swap thing it should resolve the issue 8 times out of ten. Or just get the wheel alignment checked.Wheel balancing won't solev the "pulling" problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks