Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2015, 13:20   #46
BHPian

Re: Alloy wheels and tyres stockists in Hyderabad - Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Any pointers to keep in mind or to check when dealing?
Ashoka Wheels is good to check with, you should be able to lay hands on various brands and compare.

Try looking for manufacturing date wherever you go.
I felt the non-priority dealers had relatively old stock and would try to pass off saying up to 1 year is standard.
Don't go for anything above 6 months.
Old 9th September 2015, 13:26   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Don't go for anything above 6 months.
Any specific reason why we shouldn't go for older than 6 months stock?
Old 9th September 2015, 14:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Any specific reason why we shouldn't go for older than 6 months stock?
The simple reason is about getting the latest available in market that way you have its best age to use.

The older the dates on tyre, longer the duration that they have been lying with the dealer.
If stored properly this is not an issue, because most of the time we end up exhausting the treads before the tyre age (considered around 5-7 years).
However the tyres tend to age naturally due to heat, humidity, exposure to sun, rains, etc.
If not stored properly, these factors degrade tyres over time.

So go for the latest available, unless you are looking for some brand which is imported/smuggled and takes time to be shipped.
Old 9th September 2015, 14:27   #49
BHPian

Quote:
The simple reason is about getting the latest available in market that way you have its best age to use.
I understand all of that. Why 6 months? Why not 8 months or 3 months? That is my question.
Old 9th September 2015, 14:53   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
I understand all of that. Why 6 months? Why not 8 months or 3 months? That is my question.
Oh .. I don't think there's anything particularly specific to 6 months per se, for tyres being manufactured in India it should probably be lesser than that.
Old 10th September 2015, 21:21   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Ashoka Wheels is good to check with, you should be able to lay hands on various brands and compare.
On my way home from work found a Michelin store near Madinaguda area so just dropped in to get a fair idea of the prices for the XM2.

For the stock size of Swift ZDi - 185/65 R15, the price per tyre is Rs 5400.

Tyre: 5400 x 4 - 21600
WA+WB = 600
Total = 22000.

Checked the DOT code on the tyre and it reads 2415 which is 24th week of year 2015 that means the tyres would have been manufactured between 7th to 13th June.

Is the pricing fine?

Yet to visit Ashoka wheels. Looking at the reviews here he too will quote on the higher side. I was in a thought that the whole set of 4 would be below 20K.
Old 11th September 2015, 00:06   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Is the pricing fine?
That looks on the higher side, though the manufacturing date is fine.

Michelin has something called "Tyre Plus" stores which are their authorized dealer, the pricing was better with them.
There were two of them - MV Tyre World, Ameerpet & Xenex, Jubilee Hills.

Try searching for their number, & just collect prices they are offering for your size. You will know if the price quoted is appropriate.
If yes, then you can bargain for free WA/WB and nitrogen replenishment.
Old 11th September 2015, 20:22   #53
BANNED

Quote:
That looks on the higher side, though the manufacturing date is fine.
I went to Ashoka wheels where he quoted 100 bucks less per tyre and moreover he had slightly older stock '1315'. I came out disappointed.

I asked about Continental CC5, MRF ZLO and options in Bridgestone too.

He wasn't sure as he wasn't fully aware of the right prices and sizes. I am planning to visit him again when the owner is present so get the correct answers.

As per the tyre mechanic there, my tyres are set for run another 6-8K kms so will do some more research and get the change.
Old 11th September 2015, 22:31   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went to Ashoka wheels where he quoted 100 bucks less per tyre and moreover he had slightly older stock '1315'. I came out disappointed.

I asked about Continental CC5, MRF ZLO and options in Bridgestone too.

He wasn't sure as he wasn't fully aware of the right prices and sizes. I am planning to visit him again when the owner is present so get the correct answers.

As per the tyre mechanic there, my tyres are set for run another 6-8K kms so will do some more research and get the change.
I bought 5tyres, 185/65-R15 michelin XM2 from ashoka banjara, they had 2415 manufactured tyres, I was happy to pick them up.

I paid INR5300/- per tyre.

I exchanged stock 185/60-R15 Goodyears, brand new 4 Tyres, and 175/65-R14 tyre+steel rim spare goodyear, for 5 of these higher side wall profile tyres and a brand new 15" steel rim from Ashoka.

The price is similar every where for michelins, they know they have the market, so they are charging a premium just like the Toyotas.

If you need them pick them up, they are awesome tyres for sure.

The car I fit these tyres on is Skoda Rapid, I could instantly feel the difference given higher side wall height and better cushioning.
rider60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 22:38   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
I bought 5tyres, 185/65-R15 michelin XM2 from ashoka banjara, they had 2415 manufactured tyres, I was happy to pick them up.

I paid INR5300/- per tyre.
Thanks buddy.

Shall visit Ashoka Banjara tomorrow and what is the final price you paid?
Old 11th September 2015, 22:47   #56
Senior - BHPian

Just updating this old thread with regards to Hyderabad.

HRS, Plati, GTR and Lenso alloywheel dealers for the city/state are Ashoka Wheels(Minister's Road Main shop/Banjara Hills).
OZ and MSW/TSW alloywheels dealers for the city/state are PITSTOP(Road no.82 Jubilee hills behind CVR News building).
Handsome alloywheels up until recently dealer was chequered flag(Minister's Road)

Michelin, Bridgestone and Goodyear distributor is Ashoka wheels the same stores. I am not sure which other brands' distributor-ship they have.
Old 11th September 2015, 22:51   #57
BHPian

A couple of months ago, I picked up a set of 4 Pirellis for my 1st gen Honda City VTEC at Ashoka Wheels in Banjara Hills. Tyre size is 185/60/R14. Apparently there was a manufacturer discount going on and I paid around Rs. 4500 per tyre. It was a great deal in my opinion.
Old 11th September 2015, 23:04   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I went to Ashoka wheels
Hmmm .. I hadn't gone to Ashoka Wheels, but had talked to them and had felt that they were unwilling to give much concession
(much like some of the feedback here in older posts).
Moreover for the same price of tyres I got all inclusive offer at MVTyreWorld, so didn't bother to go to their shop.

I suppose you should be able to get a complete 21000/- deal if what they quoted is the running price for your size Michelins.

Quote:
That's good then, no need to rush up.
In any case your usage is not very taxing (I suppose long but not harsh on tyres).

How were the prices they quoted for Conti and MRFs?
I would expect MRFs/Apollos in the range of 3.8-4.3K, no idea on Conti.
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:18   #59
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Anyone here has stuck a deal with any stockists for the standard alloy buyback while upgrading?
I have a baleno zeta to delivered soon, and i would like to get rid of the standard alloys and get some better ones. I would really appreciate if the you guys know of any stockist who can buy my standard alloys while upgrading and give me a decent offer.
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:55   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
Hello everyone,

Anyone here has stuck a deal with any stockists for the standard alloy buyback while upgrading?
I have a baleno zeta to delivered soon, and i would like to get rid of the standard alloys and get some better ones. I would really appreciate if the you guys know of any stockist who can buy my standard alloys while upgrading and give me a decent offer.
Hi Nitin,
You can talk to Xenex in Madhapur, Kavuri hills - beside Jubilee ridge hotel in 100 ft road, or Motominds in Madhapur, near Police station.
The Asoka wheels (have few branches in Hyd - Banjara hills, Secunderabad etc) will have better options for alloys, you check with them before closing the deal with any other store.
Veels n Rhodes is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks