Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2007, 16:54   #1
BHPian

Alloy wheels and tyres stockists in Hyderabad - Help!

Hi All,
Would like to know about the Alloy wheel stockists names and addresses in Hyderabad...Would appreciate your help as i am trying to upgrade my Ikon to 14 inch alloys and 185/60 goodyear Eagle F1 tyres....I have been to a few of them in Minister Road..."Ashoka Wheels" has a good collection but the prices are high and the guy said he would give me 3500/- for my existing Good year tyres which have run 4000 kms and the stepney has never been used...that kind of miffed me....so would like to know about any major stockists where i could choose between options and where i could immediately change my wheels.

Thanks
Ansh
Old 11th February 2007, 19:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think Asoka wheels are the biggest stokists out here. Even i was recommended to visit them for alloys and tyres. Did you compare the prices with other dealers out there? Used tyres fetch less these days unless you exchange at the delivery time itself.
Old 13th February 2007, 21:14   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I got my alloys also from Ashoka, come to think of it, they are indeed expensive and for my OE rims, he was not even ready to pay me anything . As i was in a hurry to get them on my car, i disregarded the cost.

When i am going to upgrade later this year, i will certainely look around for a more cheaper option.
Old 14th February 2007, 19:24   #4
BHPian

Still waiting brothers....help please coz i dont want to go to "Ashoka"
Old 16th February 2007, 14:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Bump!
Why don't we search in Blore. I am also waiting for some other stockists for alloys other than Ashoka. Now that there is monoply in HYD, i don't want to purchase it here. Is there any other place other than minister road here?
Old 2nd March 2007, 05:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_icon View Post
Hi All,
Would like to know about the Alloy wheel stockists names and addresses in Hyderabad...Would appreciate your help as i am trying to upgrade my Ikon to 14 inch alloys and 185/60 goodyear Eagle F1 tyres....I have been to a few of them in Minister Road..."Ashoka Wheels" has a good collection but the prices are high and the guy said he would give me 3500/- for my existing Good year tyres which have run 4000 kms and the stepney has never been used...that kind of miffed me....so would like to know about any major stockists where i could choose between options and where i could immediately change my wheels.

Thanks
Ansh
hi guys,
can i use the stock ikon's used tyres to my 2003 indica V2 dls.

@young_icon, 3500/- for the tyres only or does it include wheels too.
Old 2nd March 2007, 12:01   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
hi guys,
can i use the stock ikon's used tyres to my 2003 indica V2 dls.

@young_icon, 3500/- for the tyres only or does it include wheels too.
Raj, i am assuming young_icon is using his stock rims, when you say wheels, i think you mean the rims? right? Btw, what will you do with those stock OE rims???
Old 2nd March 2007, 13:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Raj, i am assuming young_icon is using his stock rims, when you say wheels, i think you mean the rims? right? Btw, what will you do with those stock OE rims???
no way, why would i increase the sprung wieght???, its already running with stock steel rims.
if 3500/- is for including the rims, then the cost for tyres only would come down.
by the way, can i use the ford ikon tyres to my car(2003 indica v2 dls)???
Old 2nd March 2007, 19:24   #9
BHPian

New chap opened up here in Madhapur.. opposite the Foodworld... (its in a narrow lane just before the madhapur police station).

I don't know about the costs -> but his collection of wheels is pretty cool.. got a good range..
Old 2nd March 2007, 21:22   #10
BHPian

While I considered changing my stock tires from 175/65R14 to wider ones I was offered Rs 1000-1500 per tire. I was talking to a Ceat store at the intersection of Road No 12 and Road No 1 B Hills. The guy mentioned to me it would be difficult to sell used tires even when they had run just under 1000 KMs.
Old 2nd March 2007, 22:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

That place in Madhapur is called Xenos. It's been more that 10 months since i first saw and by it's become a known place in Hyd.
Old 2nd March 2007, 22:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_icon View Post
... the guy said he would give me 3500/- for my existing Good year tyres which have run 4000 kms and the stepney has never been used...
hey young_icon,
what is your current tyre profile???
Old 2nd March 2007, 22:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

hi..

there are many tyre and wheel shops in hyd.. so hunt around for a good deal.. visit few other tyre and wheel shops and then make a desicion..

wheeltech & suresh wheels (on banjara hills road no 14)
wheelocity (behind grand kakatiya)

are a few of the shops just like ashoka wheels.
Old 16th September 2009, 11:57   #14
BHPian

I am looking for some good tyre dealers in Hyderabad, who stocks Michelin or/and Continental. Could any hydies please reply to this? I had my mind set on Ashoka Wheels but looking at some of the comments about them here, I think I should check other options as well.

Last edited by Matt : 16th September 2009 at 12:02.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:03   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I am looking for some good tyre dealers in Hyderabad, who stocks Michelin or/and Continental. Could any hydies please reply to this? I had my mind set on Ashoka Wheels but looking at some of the comments about them here, I think I should check other options as well.
It's a no brainer. You need to visit Ashoka Wheels at Minister road who is the biggest tyre and alloy dealer in AP. He stocks all brands including Michelin and Continental.

Speak to Ritesh out there and once you get a pricing info, let him know your part of TBHP.

Most Viewed