Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2010, 22:33   #46
Team-BHP Support

Nikhil, how much do you expect the price tag to be on that dead stock?

RJstyle, an updates at your end? Any pictures of the stuff you came across for the Scorpio. I'm looking to upgrade to alloys if I can find a design and shade worthwhile.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 21st February 2010 at 22:37.
Old 21st February 2010, 23:33   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
How much is he quoting for them? In Bangalore, there is a lot of dead stock of old Aura Scorpio alloys. These were made for M&M by Aura before they went out of business.... If you know someone in B'lore, ask them to scout around on your behalf.
He's quoting Rs.28,500/- for a set of 5.

nvldvr's suggestion was also similar to yours. Starting tomorrow, I'll ask a few tyre dealers / car accessory shops in Pune, and see if they have any OE Scorpio alloys that they are willing to let go of for a lower price. If not, then will need to a bit of networking to get them from Bangalore

Thanks!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 22nd February 2010, 07:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

If you can do this to your scorpio, then it would be the best looking one in the neighbourhood. This is @NIP's ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Alloy wheels for Scorpio-p1090307.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2010, 12:17   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Nikhil, how much do you expect the price tag to be on that dead stock?

RJstyle, an updates at your end? Any pictures of the stuff you came across for the Scorpio. I'm looking to upgrade to alloys if I can find a design and shade worthwhile.

manson.
MRP is 24,000.

Discounts? Massive!
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

manson.
manson just been too tied up with work pal. I cant move my rear around at-least till the 30th of March.
I found a similar design as seen in this post from K-speed alloys. They had the bling chrome and the machined finish. The chrome one was on display and chameleon from bangalore promised to call me back once they had the machined finish in stock. Apparently its been 3 weeks and nothing as yet.
Old 6th March 2010, 21:37   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
If you can do this to your scorpio, then it would be the best looking one in the neighbourhood. This is @NIP's ride.
really really like.tastefully done.
Old 28th March 2010, 16:41   #52
BHPian

Any luck with the alloys comfortablynumb?
Old 3rd August 2010, 15:53   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Any luck with the alloys comfortablynumb?
Nope, no luck yet. I'd been out of the country for a while, and have started my alloy hunt afresh now. Thanks to Nikhilb2008, I had a great chance to pick up Aura alloys (like shankar.balan has on his Scorpio) a couple of months back, but my friend (who was going to pick up the alloys for me) couldn't make it to Bangalore as planned.

I've now zeroed in on model #s 184, 610 & 712 in the Plati 16'' range and will visit their distributor in Pune this weekend.

::PlatiIndia.com:: Alloy Wheels for Every car, Design of Future.

Before that, I had a few questions, which I hope the Gurus here can answer for me:

1. Will any alteration to the fender/mud flaps be needed for installing these on a Scorpio mHawk SLE (stock tyre size is 235/70 R 16)?
2. PCD for Scorpio alloys is 160. Should I refuse to install any alloys that deviate from this spec, or is a little bit of leeway okay? Same question with respect to offset too. Is it okay to compromise on zero offset?
3. Anyone have a rough idea how much a set of 5 would cost?
4. What else do I need to keep in mind or ask the distributor?

My topmost priority in this endeavour is safety. If the change from stock rims to alloys is even a little bit iffy, I'll have no second thoughts about backing out.

Pointers/advice/suggestions are most welcome!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:01   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
2. PCD for Scorpio alloys is 160. Should I refuse to install any alloys that deviate from this spec, or is a little bit of leeway okay? Same question with respect to offset too. Is it okay to compromise on zero offset?
If your PCD is 160, you have to stick to 160. Else the holes on your alloys will not match the position of the lugs.
Old 3rd August 2010, 18:39   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Will any alteration to the fender/mud flaps be needed for installing these on a Scorpio mHawk SLE (stock tyre size is 235/70 R 16)?
None needed that's the right size and stock one's from the factory. If you plan to go wider its 255/65/R16 , am currently running on these with the stock rims.

Quote:
Stick to 160 PCD period.

Quote:
3. Anyone have a rough idea how much a set of 5 would cost?
Depends on the brand, usually starts off at 5k odd per piece.

Quote:
My topmost priority in this endeavour is safety. If the change from stock rims to alloys is even a little bit iffy, I'll have no second thoughts about backing out.
Ground rule when it comes to Scorp's, retain the stock lug-nuts. Even if the shop keeper offers you chrome nuts for free don't put them on. The scorp' has a notorious history with the lug-nuts(after market) coming off from its threads.So install alloys and retain the stock ones.
Old 6th August 2010, 09:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your replies rjstyles69 & condor! I will keep your inputs in mind while shortlisting the alloys.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 27th December 2010, 20:38   #57
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra Scorpio : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Anyone installed Plati alloys on their Scorps ? Got a quote of 21k for a set of 5.

I am considering these alloys for my Scorpio.
Old 28th December 2010, 14:02   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you plan to go wider its 255/65/R16 , am currently running on these with the stock rims.
Dear RJstyles,

Can you give some more information on the 255/65/R16 please? I was planning these for my car's shoe change soon however was told by another scorper in Hyd that he was not happy with the wide ones as the ride has become harsh, steering hard and also uneven wear & tear. This friend of mine is also crazy like us for his cars, so I was sort of leaning towards his feedback.

Your inputs will help.

Mods: If OT, kindly excuse!
Old 28th December 2010, 14:07   #59
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

what about simply changing to the same shoes as the Getaway
245 size?
if you go with that and go the AT route, I think your needs will be met admirably.
I m thinking of this as the next tyre change - though mine look like they will go on for another 25K kms atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Dear RJstyles,

Can you give some more information on the 255/65/R16 please? I was planning these for my car's shoe change soon however was told by another scorper in Hyd that he was not happy with the wide ones as the ride has become harsh, steering hard and also uneven wear & tear. This friend of mine is also crazy like us for his cars, so I was sort of leaning towards his feedback.

Your inputs will help.

Mods: If OT, kindly excuse!
Old 29th December 2010, 10:59   #60
Senior - BHPian

Shankar,

I was thinking a wide profile tyre would help me to have my ride smoother, better road grip and stance of the car. So, was dwelling on 255 than the 235 stock tyres profile.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks