Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2019, 16:27   #1
BHPian

Where to source 275/70 R18 A/T tyres in India?

Hey guys does anyone know where I might find tires of this size (275/70/R18) in Bangalore?

I looked all over the internet and asked some friends but haven't had any luck yet.

I am specifically looking for any of the following options:

Yokohama Geolandar X AT
BF Goodrich KO2 AT
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac AT
Falken Wildpeak AT

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 14th December 2019, 16:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Where to source 275/70 R18 A/T tyres in India?

Contact TBHPian @nikhilb2008 (i think that is his ID) of Madhu's tyres. Should be able to procure the tyres you need
pganapathy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 17:37   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Contact TBHPian @nikhilb2008 (i think that is his ID) of Madhu's tyres. Should be able to procure the tyres you need
Thanks a lot! I'll look him up.
Old 16th December 2019, 07:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These would have to be imported from outside India I guess. You may or may not get quality tyres - often gray market imports are factory rejects etc. What vehicle do you have that needs such fat tyres?
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 08:10   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Where to source 275/70 R18 A/T tyres in India?

You could also import them yourself from TireRack. Check out this thread for full details on importing - link (My BMW, upgraded to Michelin Pilot Super Sports! Imported from TireRack.com, USA).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 08:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You could also import them yourself from TireRack. Check out this thread for full details on importing - link (My BMW, upgraded to Michelin Pilot Super Sports! Imported from TireRack.com, USA).
The only 275/70 tires Yoko India has are 16 inch rims. https://www.yokohama-india.com/produ...andar-at-g015/

TireRack means you get to pay full customs duties - the gray market imports are likely to save you that expense.
Old 16th December 2019, 11:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneel View Post
Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Will 285 60 18 fits in? BTW what's the vehicle?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 22nd December 2019 at 20:57. Reason: Trimmed the post within quotes for better readability. Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 13:44   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
These would have to be imported from outside India I guess. You may or may not get quality tyres - often gray market imports are factory rejects etc. What vehicle do you have that needs such fat tyres?
Oh damn, I was really hoping a Yokohama dealer here would be able to get access to bigger sizes (275/70/R18) without incurring independent import duties. Since Yokohama officially sells tires in India I assumed it would be possible. I'll still try and ask around at local dealers in Bangalore.

The tires are for my Jeep Wrangler JL. It comes with stock 255/70/R18 HT tire but can accomodate 33 inch tires without any mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Will 285 60 18 fits in? BTW what's the vehicle?
Sorry that wouldn't fit. The stock rims are 18 inches and stock tires are sitting at 32 inches.

I wanna bump em to 33 inches so going down to 16s would actually make my wheels smaller than stock.

Quote:
Thanks a lot, I will check this out.

Last edited by suneel : 16th December 2019 at 13:48.
Old 22nd December 2019, 19:44   #9
BHPian

Quote:
I went to Madhu's tyres and spoke to them. They were really friendly and helpful, but said straight up that none of the brands they carry or know of have tires in this size in India. They also said that they can't import them because they get into trouble with some regulations, but they do recommend privately importing them. Apparently it's a much bigger hassle for them to import tires than a regular guy to import them by himself.

I'm looking into tirerack.com as suggested by other members and it seems viable but expensive considering customs and shipping. If that's the only way I guess I'll cough up the dough and go with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on where I can sell my stock tires though? At least I could offset my new purchase price with a decent value on my stock tires. They are Bridgestone Duelers HT 255/70/R18. They've got less than 3000 KM on them.

Last edited by suneel : 22nd December 2019 at 19:46.
suneel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 19:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went to Madhu's tyres and spoke to them. They were really friendly and helpful, but said straight up that none of the brands they carry or know of have tires in this size in India. They also said that they can't import them because they get into trouble with some regulations, but they do recommend privately importing them. Apparently it's a much bigger hassle for them to import tires than a regular guy to import them by himself.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on where I can sell my stock tires though? At least I could offset my new purchase price with a decent value on my stock tires. They are Bridgestone Duelers HT 255/70/R18. They've got less than 3000 KM on them.
Shame that it is not possible to source it from Madhu's. And that it is easier to import directly than the business doing so.

Talk to any tyre dealer. They are normally willing to take the tyres of your hands, but normal rule of thumb is trade in for a sale of new tyres to you. Hoping your normal tyre guy or Madhu's will be able to help you get a decent price. Otherwise, look to see if you can sell them privately. Good luck
pganapathy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:05   #11
BHPian

Hi guys, so the latest update on my tire hunt is looking pretty disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
hi Suneel

Pls check with MilliVisions marketing near Lalbagh main gate.
I checked here and the owner confirmed that it is impossible to find this size in India. Importing is the only option. He said I could try a private import since it might be cheaper. They are happy to help if I am unable to do it.

Quote:
As per GTO's advice and the information in this thread, I contacted Tirerack.com via email for a quote. They did respond promptly and provided the quote, which I have attached here.

I understand that shipping plus customs is a part of imports, but I can't believe shipping is more than the price of the tires. Slapping on 45% customs and it's looking like a total bill of INR 3 lakhs for a set of tires. This is jawdropping to me as the price of the tires themselves is less than a lakh.

Considering the marginal value that bigger AT tires will give me, I don't know if I can justify a cost like that.
If anyone has any other channels or ideas that I can pursue, please let me know. Would shipping from Dubai or Australia be cheaper? Are there any importers that can get better shipping quotes?

Thank you.
Attached Images

Last edited by suneel : 22nd January 2020 at 09:07.
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:27   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
..but I can't believe shipping is more than the price of the tires.
The key point about shipping anything is - they consider both weight and size of parcel. That's where the hit is. And this angle is applicable domestic shipping also. This would be same even if you were to ship used tyres.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:13   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I might find tires of this size (275/70/R18) in Bangalore?
BF Goodrich KO2 AT
Goodrich will be expensive, I paid over 40 K for size 285. You can try this guy at Delhi- Karan - 9971099239. I have bought multiple sizes that are otherwise impossible to get. Including 20 Inches Sport4S - Michellin. But most of these will cost 1- 1/2 - 2 times of regular tyres due to Air courier and other charges.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:58   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Goodrich will be expensive, I paid over 40 K for size 285. You can try this guy at Delhi- Karan - 9971099239. I have bought multiple sizes that are otherwise impossible to get. Including 20 Inches Sport4S - Michellin. But most of these will cost 1- 1/2 - 2 times of regular tyres due to Air courier and other charges.
Perfect. Thanks a lot.

I don't mind paying more for them. It's understandable. I just wasn't thrilled about the more than 3x price from TireRack.
Old 2nd March 2020, 22:43   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Goodrich will be expensive, I paid over 40 K for size 285. You can try this guy at Delhi- Karan - 9971099239. I have bought multiple sizes that are otherwise impossible to get.
Finally after weeks, my babies are finally here! After trying to find these everywhere, with no luck whatsoever, Karan was the man that made it happen. He was extremely professional, helpful and prompt. It was a pleasure dealing with him. I would highly recommend Singh Shoppe and Mr. Karan for anyone looking to source hard to find tires in India.

The prices were very competitive too. My tirrack.com quote was much higher than what I ended up paying here and I am very pleased with the results.

These BF Goodrich KO2 All Terrains are an absolute dream. They look jaw dropping in real life. I haven't really tested them on the road yet, but I look forward to it.

Thank you for the recommendation @Turbanator!
Attached Thumbnails
Where to source 275/70 R18 A/T tyres in India?-img_1389.jpg  

suneel is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks