Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2020, 19:34   #1
BHPian

UNO Minda Alloy Wheels

Hey Guys,

While searching for alloy wheels on Amazon, I could find only one major brand 'UNO Minda' alloy wheels on the website.

Amazon product page provides the following information -

Quote:
Minda Kosei Aluminum Wheel Pvt. Ltd. is a joint venture between Minda Industries Ltd. and Kosei Aluminum Co. Ltd. of Japan which is a leading Alloy wheel manufacturer. The JV company Minda Kosei Aluminum Wheel Pvt. Ltd. (MKA) is the largest alloy wheel manufacturer in India engaged in the development, manufacturing and sales of aluminium alloy wheels for major OE car manufacturers and aftermarket in India. By implementing Japanese GDC technology in aluminium casting, which KOSEI has infused in this joint venture, UNO Minda strive to provide the best Alloy wheels with excellent design and stunning looks. These Alloy wheels are designed in a way to make it compatible with Indian Roads and with all types of tyres like radial, regular or tubeless tyres. UNO Minda is No.1 OEM supplier of alloys wheels. Our products follow all safety standards mentioned under IS 9436/38 and also Tested and Approved by ICAT.
From this description, it seems that the alloys should be of good quality.

I would like to know what Bhpians think of these alloys? And which OEMs are actually using these alloys?

I feel that these are sensibly priced, so wanted to know if they actually are good quality alloys and are not like other local Chinese/Taiwanese stuff.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 20:30   #2
BHPian

Re: UNO Minda Alloy Wheels

Hello, I’m using the alloys from this brand. I had bought neowheels alloys but due to some rubbing issues with the rear fender, I had to get them replaced and the only option left was to go with these. These had center hub caps with Vossen written on them but the shopkeeper told me that these are actually made by Uno Minda brand and are made in India which is written on the back as well but the brand Uno Minda itself is not written anywhere. So far they’ve been serving me well but I have only had them for a few weeks. I bought them from New Karan Tyres in Karol Bagh. At the shop, they reference this alloy as the RS6 because apparently the design is copied from Audi RS6.
UNO Minda Alloy Wheels-c0bedfe7f12e4fa7931d494c7de9377c.jpeg
shivamk11 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 21:50   #3
BHPian

Found this article on net - https://www.autocarpro.in/feature/mi...l-market-22121

Looks like Maruti and Mahindra are their major customers.
And they also supply to Ford, VW and Tata.
ank.nsit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 07:22   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

They are a major OEM player, so don't worry on the quality front.

The only problem I've had with their rims (and that of most other Indian brands) is DESIGN. I've never liked any of the styles churned out by local firms.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 09:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

The erstwhile Aura alloys are also back in the market now, after Precision Auto group from Nasik bought the business from Hindalco. They have some decent designs too, but this is the only site I could find:

https://www.indiamart.com/precision-autoindustries/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks