Team-BHP - warranty on mrf zvts
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   warranty on mrf zvts (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/22401-warranty-mrf-zvts.html)

hi members a bulge has appeared on the sidewall of my tyre(mrf zvts),so how much years warranty does mrf provide and will this be covered under warranty bye the way the car is more than 1yr old and has run around 10,000 kms

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogi1771 (Post 394305)
hi members a bulge has appeared on the sidewall of my tyre(mrf zvts),so how much years warranty does mrf provide and will this be covered under warranty bye the way the car is more than 1yr old and has run around 10,000 kms

I don't think the warranty is for more than one year so that's one problem. The other problem is that warranty for bulges is very hard to claim as usually the tyre companies blame this on user-negligence & the most common reason is that you must have hit a pot hole/stone at high-speed (which is also the case mostly).

No harm in trying though but if the tyre has a cut on its inner side you can forget about getting a replacement for it from the company.

If your car is only 1 year old, does it not come under warranty ? And aren't tyres also included in that ?

Yogi, you mean ZV2K don't you? I'm assuming you're referring to the Fiesta........

Either way, one year & 10k kms is tough to claim a warranty...they'll tell you all sorts of things as Ishan has mentioned. They'll say you kept your tyres under-inflated blah-blah! But no harm trying though, so GOOD LUCK!

yeah suman the fiesta tyres (zv2k),man mrf tyres=piece of s**t the other tyre had a faulty valve:mad:

I got a bump on my Potenza GIII when it got hit by a cement block lying in the middle of ring road. Bidgestone gave the verdict that it was my fault but since the tyre was just 6-7 months old they gave me a new tyre for just Rs.1400/-.

I would say you can atleast try to get some discount on the replacement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogi1771 (Post 394364)
man mrf tyres=piece of s**t the other tyre had a faulty valve:mad:

You got that part absolutely right!!!

I'm having some trouble with my pre-installed MRF 165/80 R14 tyres on my Swift DZire.
The puncture guy tried both methods - the inset and patch and both have failed. They have told me I need to have a tube put it in.

1. Is putting a tube into a tubless tyre a good idea?

2. Can I get a replacement for the tyre under warranty (10 months old, 16,000 Km).

Thanx

You could put a tube inside a tubeless tyre, which kinda defeats the point of having a tubeless tyre though. The only situation where this is necessitated is where your tyre sidewalls have been punctured. If it's only the tread section, punctures could be repaired.

It's not advised to run such tyres for high speeds. Keep the speeds strictly within 40-60kmph limits and use this idea as only a stopgap or last resort measure.

Whether you can get a replacement under warranty or not depends on the problem with the tyre. Best to talk with the guy who sold you the tyres.