Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2007, 09:57   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

I understand.
I was just hoping these would last longer than the old ones...
Do you think the old ones (Goodyear) lasted 42K and that is a remarkable job or just normal?

BTW, what's your prediction on FE improvements that Michelin claims?
Old 10th April 2007, 12:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I understand.
I was just hoping these would last longer than the old ones...
Do you think the old ones (Goodyear) lasted 42K and that is a remarkable job or just normal??
42K for a set of tyres is good enough..!!!Anything more would be sacrificing on Ride n grip levels....
Quote:
BTW, what's your prediction on FE improvements that Michelin claims?
Come on..!!! Dont tell me u are changing tyres for increasing your car's FE.....
Michelin will surely give u better ride quality n wont decrease your FE.....
Old 16th April 2007, 23:17   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

OK.
I have run in the Michelins for around 400 KM and the placibo effect is also discounted by now.

There is fly-over at Wakad (near the Hinjewadi IT park, Pune) and everyday I cross the fly-over and then take a U turn immediately...the car used to loose the directional stability everytime at this turn (I am always at 10 KM/HR in second gear) and waver...I always thought it was the New Honda City at fault with it's ill-famous cornering skills. Well...this does not happen on the Michelins anymore...

I will need to test with another NHC to confirm this but I am pretty sure I am much less worried at that turn now...
Old 17th April 2007, 12:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
OK.

There is fly-over at Wakad (near the Hinjewadi IT park, Pune) and everyday I cross the fly-over and then take a U turn immediately...the car used to loose the directional stability everytime at this turn (I am always at 10 KM/HR in second gear) and waver...I always thought it was the New Honda City at fault with it's ill-famous cornering skills. Well...this does not happen on the Michelins anymore...

I will need to test with another NHC to confirm this but I am pretty sure I am much less worried at that turn now...
i use the same road and have NHC too that still rolls on stock tyres....never faced such a prob of waving

btw, as u mentioned earlier, Deccan Honda service people do not rotate tyres when needed during the service schedule....at every 10K service interval, just before leaving the car for servicing, I mark the tyres and then ask them to rotate...in case they do not rotate then I've proof to show

offtopic: just left my car for 40K service....what was the approx cost of ur 40K service then?
Old 17th April 2007, 16:16   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you car come with Goodyear GPS 2 ?
BTW, what type of marker do you use to mark tyres before giving to Deccan Honda ?

I always wanted to do that but not sure which marker to use so they don't tamper with my marking.

As for the service cost, here is a thread where I have posted my experience:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post409482
Old 18th April 2007, 12:24   #21
BHPian

no anand mine came with Bridgestone S322.....nevertheless, i have used GPS 2 on my other cars and never faced this prob.

and yes as u noticed GPSs last 40-42K only (normal driving, irrespective of the vechicle that it rolls)

regarding the marking, i do it with a permanent marker (numbers 1 2 3 4 )...the mark stays until one wash and are fairly visible when u r close to the tyre.
Old 26th July 2014, 19:18   #22
SBR
BHPian

Re: Tyre upgrade/alloys fitment - NHC

Re-opening an old thread. My brother has 2006 NHC done about 1.20 lac KMS on the ODO and is running on recommended stock tyre size of 175/65 R14 on steel rims. He is planning to upgrade the tyres for better handling & GC. From what I understand from all the related threads is that a suitable upgrade will be 195/60 R 14 & if he has to opt for alloys then it will be 14"*6J alloys (HR/hijoin).

My queries;
While I agree that the above suggested tyre upgrade might solve the ride quality issues but what about GC improvement? Will the GC improve with the above upgrade.

Which are recommended tyre brands for use in Kerala.

Any other alternate suggestions for tyre upgrades. advise.

Regards
SBR.

Most Viewed