Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2020, 18:07   #1
BHPian

Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online

Has anyone purchased tires from the tyremarket website? How was your experience? Were there any issues with the delivery? Were they resolved on-time?

Link

I had read most of the reviews online, and they seems to be positive for most of the time. However, I want to make sure my money is safe before placing the order. I have spent a lot of time on the site, and there is a ton of information based on each car model. They also sell bike tires online. They follow 2 methods
  1. GET DOOR-STEP DELIVERY
    Get your tyres delivered at your door-step usually in 3 business days

2. GET IN-SHOP DELIVERY & FITMENT
    Get your tyres fitted directly at a TYREMARKET.COM recommended fitment centre

Requesting fellow Bhpians to share their experience with this site, if any.

I have shortlisted below model for my TUV 300, any feedback on the new entrant UltraMile tires will be appreciated.

UM Tire
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 11:10   #2
BHPian

Re: Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online

I contacted their customer service team to check if they will be able to deliver to my pincode. Attached the response from them. They responded very quickly, just in 5 minutes. However, the response is not clear and just raising eyebrows. They are not providing any information on dealer or shop, everything is "automated".

Their response is just go ahead and place the order.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-screenshot_20200701110110__01.jpg  

Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-screenshot_20200701110117__01.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 17:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

This does not look like a professional/established set-up.

The website throws up the below error already!

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 17:31   #4
BHPian

I tried to buy online for my Innova, but got cold feet and went to a tyre dealer instead. One of the issues that I was afraid of was on the age of the tyre. In many instances, you might get a great deal online, but the tyre might be a couple of years old. As you know, tyres tend to deteriorate over time and become hard. I was able to get 5 tyres that were manufactured a couple of months prior to my purchase date. When I looked, the pricing was good and they even said that there would be a doorstep delivery and fitment. The alignment they said would be one at one of their workshops once the tyres were fitted. Didn't go much beyond this. I chose the safer option of going to a physical store. There were a lot of things that I had doubts about and when you are spending about 35-40 thousand, I didn't want to risk it. It will be interesting if others have had a good experience of buying on online.
Bsimhan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 21:10   #5
BHPian

I did buy Yokohama Blue Earth 17 inch tyres (set of 4 for 40k odd if I remember) for my Skoda Superb if I remember correctly. I chose the fit at Fitment partner option wherein the tyres would be fitted at the nearest outlet to me and wheel alignment and balancing done at time of fitting for an additional charge of INR 1k.

The delivery was smooth, in fact if I remember correctly, it was an early delivery and it was only 2 days later than delivery date could I personally make it to the outlet for fitment. Tyremarket team was patient with me all this type, only reminding me that the tyres had been delivered at the outlet for early fitment.

Not only this, at the fitment partner's outlet, I encountered a couple of slippery technicians, who were initially adamant that I come back later for wheel alignment as it was past 7pm.This I escalated on call to tyremarket support team, who promptly took them on concall and told them that they would in that case have to refund me INR1K which I had already paid as ancillary charges. Needless to say the fitment partner yielded immediately and proceeded with the alignment and balancing.

All in all a very positive experience. This, was sometime in August 2019.

Last edited by octane1002 : 1st July 2020 at 21:13.
octane1002 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 21:20   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

If they are going to charge me 1K for fitting, i will prefer to get it door delivered and can then get fitting done near my place, as per my convinence.

My only problem as mentioned by @Bsimhan is tyre age. I am looking for new tyres for my Ninja 650 and Pireli DR2 are priced really well on the site.I have dropped them a mail to confirm me manufacturing date of the tyre, if they are able to confirm that, i will go ahead with my order.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 22:04   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I've been using Tyresnmore for about 3-4 years now in ncr. Prices are fair, delivery is mostly next day, installation is free. I've bought about 5 sets of tyres for different cars, and a few times single or two tires also. I see on their website that they're setup in Hyderabad and Bangalore too. You can try them as well.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 22:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

I have used this website thrice now. Have had a smooth experience every single time including once when I ordered the wrong tyre size by mistake and they were gracious enough to replace the tyres with what I wanted even though the mistake was made on my end. Thus I can also say that customer support experience is also exemplary
IshaanIan is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 11:20   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
The website throws up the below error already!

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
I checked it on mobile and laptop. Not faced such error. Might be one of odd case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsimhan View Post
I tried to buy online for my Innova, but got cold feet and went to a tyre dealer instead.
I can relate with your experience. I was very close to order online, but got cold feet. Then I searched Teambhp site and was surprised to see no thread related to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
I did buy Yokohama Blue Earth 17 inch tyres (set of 4 for 40k odd if I remember) for my Skoda Superb if I remember correctly. I chose the fit at Fitment partner option wherein the tyres would be fitted at the nearest outlet to me and wheel alignment and balancing done at time of fitting for an additional charge of INR 1k.
Good to know that you had positive experience on this site. This helps me a lot, and i can be sure my money is safe and it is not an online scam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
My only problem as mentioned by @Bsimhan is tyre age. I am looking for new tyres for my Ninja 650 and Pireli DR2 are priced really well on the site.I have dropped them a mail to confirm me manufacturing date of the tyre, if they are able to confirm that, i will go ahead with my order.
I think this is a great idea. I will also email them and will order only if they confirm the manufacturing date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I've been using Tyresnmore for about 3-4 years now in ncr. Prices are fair, delivery is mostly next day, installation is free. I've bought about 5 sets of tyres for different cars, and a few times single or two tires also. I see on their website that they're setup in Hyderabad and Bangalore too. You can try them as well.
Good to know you had free installation. When I am trying to order, they are charging around 1.5k for alignment and balancing. I guess only installation is free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I have used this website thrice now. Have had a smooth experience every single time including once when I ordered the wrong tyre size by mistake and they were gracious enough to replace the tyres with what I wanted even though the mistake was made on my end. Thus I can also say that customer support experience is also exemplary
Good to know you had a smooth experience and they replaced the wrong order. This shows their customer centric approach.
Old 2nd July 2020, 11:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Then I searched Teambhp site and was surprised to see no thread related to this.
Though there are no dedicated threads, you can find few old posts on buying tyres from TyreMarket :
Klub Class is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 12:57   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I

Good to know you had free installation. When I am trying to order, they are charging around 1.5k for alignment and balancing. I guess only installation is free.

ach.
Just chipping in again. I'm talking about a different vendor. Not tyremarket, but Tyresnmore. Youre saying Tyresnmore is asking alignment and balancing costs? I got a set for my i10 last month, and everything was included for free.

Last edited by mayankk : 2nd July 2020 at 12:59.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 13:23   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Just chipping in again. I'm talking about a different vendor. Not tyremarket, but Tyresnmore.
Sorry my bad. I thought it was typo and you meant tyremarket. I just now checked tyrenmore website for my TUV and the prices were high and range was only 5 tyres available. It is good to have competition to avoid market domination though.
Old 29th July 2020, 16:16   #13
BHPian

Sharing my experience with Tyremarket.
I wanted to buy a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 for my 2018 Octavia vRS and I tried checking locally but the tyre in my required size was not available in any of the shops in Trivandrum. So a friend of mine suggested Tyremarket and I found the tyre I wanted was listed on their website. I ordered my tyres from their website on 27th June. While checkout I selected the nearby fitting location. And this is what they have mentioned in their webiste.

"Items that are picked up or fitted at one of our Fitment Partner locations
Can take anywhere between 4 to 48 hours before the items can be provisioned
"

So I was expecting to get my tyres in 2 days time. And in 2 days I got a call from them saying that the tyres have reached and I can contact this tyre shop in Trivandrum and i can go get it fitted from them. So next day I call this specific store and the owner of the shop tells me that the tyres are in transit only and he will call me once the tyre reaches. I did not get any update from the shop for a week and I contacted Tyremarket. And they told me that the tyre was not available and the owner of the shop had to order it from someone in Pune. So it is on the way and they will update me once the tyre comes. And afterwards there was a 21 day lockdown in Trivandrum. After the lockdown I called the shop expecting that my tyres might have reached by now. To my surprise the shop owner tells me that he couldn't get the tyres from Pune also, and he is trying to arrange them from someone else in Ahmedabad ! And tells me since it was lockdown he couldn't follow up on it. When I contacted tyremarket, they told me there was some mess up by the shop owner and he ordered Michelin Primacy 4 instead of Michelin Pilot Sport 4. So Tyremarket people is trying to arrange the tyres from some other dealer and will ship to my address directly !

So conclusion : Even after a month of ordering and spending around Rs 50,000 I haven't got my tyres yet ! I really don't understand how they work, initially I thought Tyremarket used to stock these tyres and then ship to their dealers. But first this shop owner says he is ordering the tyres from his contacts and later tyre market says they are speaking with other dealers in India and will try to arrange. I have no clue and still I am waiting to get my hands on my new rubber :(

Hope I get my tyres soon !

Last edited by Mr.Perera : 29th July 2020 at 16:25.
Mr.Perera is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 07:36   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
When I contacted tyremarket, they told me there was some mess up by the shop owner and he ordered Michelin Primacy 4 instead of Michelin Pilot Sport 4.
Although not related, but I had a similar issue with a tyre dealer ordering Primacy 4 instead of PS4. Dealers really need to get themselves updated with what they are selling.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 18:51   #15
BHPian

So FINALLY ! I got my tyres today. After 45 days.

After the fitting location did the mess up, tyremarket people arranged the tyres from a seller in Pune and shipped it directly to me through VRL. The tyres itself took 10 days to reach from Pune to Trivandrum. There was no door delivery though, I went to the VRL godown and collected them myself. Eventhough the shipping was free I had to pay some 80 rupees at the VRL godown as some service charge, then I had to pay 60 rupees to the person for just taking the tyres and keeping them in my car's boot (Eventhough I insisted him I will take them myself, he said he would do it, first I thought what a nice guy, then after keeping the tyres he said 'ok now pay me 60 rupees, 15 rupees for one tyre'

Well the tyres were Michelin Pilot Sport 4 for my 2018 Octavia vRS. 3 of them were manufactured in 2019, one was 2020 made.
There is no good feeling of having some good rubber in your car after such a long wait. So my advise would be if you are ready to wait, go for it. You will get relatively new tyres at comparatively competitive rates.

That feeling
Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-whatsapp-image-20200811-6.30.32-pm.jpeg
Mr.Perera is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed